Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by John »

Monday, January 30th, 2023.

I've been watching coverage on both Fox News and CNN of the body cam video from the five black policemen who killed Tyre Nichols in Memphis earlier this month.

it had been feared that there would be massive street riots in cities across the country just as there were in the summer of 2020, but so far that hasn't happened, in the few smaller riots have fizzled out , at least so far.

All the media are describing the events depicted in the video as absolutely horrific, much worse than anything we've seen before. not only did the policemen beat and torture Tyre, leading to his death, but they joked about it with the paramedics who came to the scene. apparently, everyone involved in this, including the policeman. the paramedics and their various supervisors were all black, a fact which is confounding commentators.

The commentary is what might be expected, CNN suggested that there was still racism involved, with one commentator even saying that the murder wouldn't have occurred if it hadn't been for white supremacy. Fox News condemned the policemen, and said that the culture had to be changed with additional training.

for me, none of these analyses provides an explanation. The racism explanation is typical CNN nonsense, and the suggestion that additional training would have prevented. this murder does not seem plausible to me.

there are a number of things about the attack that don't really make sense. The policemen obviously knew that their body cams would record everything they saw and said, and yet they broke the law and their own protocols repeatedly. I don't know how to describe their actions except as a pack of wild wolves attacking their prey. they approached Tyrese's car, and quickly dragged him out of the car, started shouting at him, beating him, chasing after him, beating him again, using mace and pepper spray, kicking him, hitting him with the metal bar, leaving him unconscious. although medical emergency personnel were present, they did not provide medical aid for 20 minutes for 20 minutes, but instead joked with the policeman.

as readers now, I read multiple stories every day about violence in multiple countries. violence in different countries contains the same elements, including beatings, torture, rape, extrajudicial arrests, and so forth. however, the way these elements are combined and implemented varies from country to country, depending on local culture and laws.

in Russia, individuals are swept up, arrested, and send to labor camps in siberia. in China, groups are swept up and sent to re-education and slave camps, where the women are sterilized. in Myanmar, the army comes out and conducts mess slaughters in the streets and entire neighborhoods. in Syria, the government freely
uses chlorine gas, sarin gas, phosphorus, ammonia, combined with massive bombings from war planes. in America, the Democrat funded militias, the ku Klux Klan in the l last century and antifa in the century, target Black individuals, businesses, and neighborhoods.

the violence in Memphis was quite unlike any of the above examples. The policemen were guided entirely by emotion and hatred , rather than by any training , rules, or protocols. furthermore, the fact that they knew that their body cams were recording everything, and that they high-fived and congratulated each other after Tyree was lying unconscious on the ground, indicate that not only did they have no fear of retribution, but they were certain that they were doing the right thing, and1 they expected to be congratulated for doing the right thing.

after writing thousands of articles in the last 20 years, and reporting on all kinds of violence in hundreds of countries, I've developed a sense of how violence varies from country to country.

what happened in Memphis is almost identical to typical tribal violence in Africa. in other words, the five black policeman were rendering the same kind of violence that government security services in some African countries would render on members of political opponents in another tribe.

a particularly stark example of this kind of tribal violence has occurred in Burundi since 2014, since the president refused to step down as required by the Constitution, and protesters were murdered. imprisoned tortured raped beaten and suffered other kinds of violence. this is exactly the kind of violence that appears to have happened in Memphis.

in the past I wrote a number of articles about the Burundi violence . here's a link to one of them:

** 31-Dec-18 World View -- Burundi's president Nkurunziza says Rwanda is no longer a partner but an enemy
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181231

Rwanda and Burundi are in a generational awakening era, following the bloody war between hutu and tutsi tribes in Rwanda and Burundi in 1984. the kind of violence occurring in Burundi is typical of what happens in an awakening era, following a generational crisis civil War. what typically happens is that the violence ends with a peace agreement following the civil War, and there is a tense peace for a couple of decades. and then, the side that won the war begins to impose violence on the tribe that lost the war, using as an excuse the fear of renewed civil War.

so I would be very curious to know what the tribal ancestry of the policemen, the victim, and the bystanders were in the Memphis situation, since they were all black and none of them came to the aid of the beaten victim. The Memphis situation appears to me to be an enactment of typical hooty tutsi violence in an awakening era. unfortunately, that kind of information is not politically correct, and so I'll probably never be able to find out , but I'm pretty certain it would explain a lot about what was going on in Memphis.

this also flies in the face of all the usual left-wing narratives involving policemen and victims. liberals are making the ridiculous claim that this is an example of racism and white supremacy because that's the culture of all police departments. in the past, liberals have claimed that police departments should have more black officers since black officers would be less likely to shoot black victims. however, as it turns out, block officers are more likely to shoot black victims,, which I've heard several people on Fox News point out.

better training might help prevent this problem in the future, but only if that training directly addresses the African tribal issues, which obviously were apparent in this incident . however, that will never happen.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

More whites are harmed and killed by police officers in the USA than blacks, and it's not even close.

Ask yourself, or others, when was the last time you saw a video or big news story of a white man getting treated poorly by police officers?

You know the deal. No one can name a single example. Because there are none that make the news.

The US, its politics and media is a lie and a joke. Period.

ps - this squad was hired and put together as a special force, outside of usual hiring practices by the Memphis city government, precisely because Memphis is so violent. But remember, good peon citizens, there's no difference between races. Always remember that critical 1984 maxim. You'll have a much harder time in Japan than you will in Nigeria. And if you don't recognize that, you're racist.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I've been watching coverage on both Fox News and CNN of the body cam video from the five black policemen who killed Tyre Nichols in Memphis earlier this month.
Wonder what MSNBC said!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Defense Ministers Sebastien Lecornu of France and Richard Marles of Australia have agreed to supply Ukraine with several thousand jointly produced 155mm shells to support the country in its war against Russia.
https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/36 ... hells.html

President's Office: Poland ready to supply Ukraine with F-16 fighters in coordination with NATO
by The Kyiv Independent news desk
January 30, 2023 2:37 pm
https://kyivindependent.com/news-feed/p ... -with-nato

January 31, 2023
Ukraine and the Unlearned Lesson of History
By Jacob Fraden
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... story.html
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

John wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:28 pm
Monday, January 30th, 2023.

for me, none of these analyses provides an explanation. The racism explanation is typical CNN nonsense, and the suggestion that additional training would have prevented. this murder does not seem plausible to me.

there are a number of things about the attack that don't really make sense. The policemen obviously knew that their body cams would record everything they saw and said, and yet they broke the law and their own protocols repeatedly.
The simple explanation is that it's part of the LEO culture. They truly believe they are above the law.

There are several good YouTube channels that document constitutional rights violations by officers all across the country against every class of citizen you can imagine. Officers truly believe they can demand ID for any reason and when one doesn't comply, they typically respond with false arrests. The officers are often provided immunity and as such, the cities or counties where they are located pay out sums of cash in settlements, but nobody is hardly ever disciplined. This is an issue across the board. Police misconduct is a serious issue. And their ignorance of the law and of our constitutional rights are astounding.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

shoshin

Post by shoshin »

You’ll have to forgive John’s total misreading of the Tyre Nichols event. It doesn’t allow him to slip into his “this is all about how the criminal Joe Biden (and all democrats ) are blithely raping 100s of black women all the time.

Thus has nothing to do with tribalism. This is about power. This is what happens when you give previously powerless people absolute control and put them in groups of similarly treated men, give them cool uniforms, and a really rad identifier (SCORPION!). It doesn’t matter whether the victim is black or white or Asian, or Jewish. Any resistance is an excuse for over-reaction.

John

Post by John »

Tuesday, January 31st, 2023
shoshin wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:15 am
You’ll have to forgive John’s total misreading of the Tyre Nichols event. It doesn’t allow him to slip into his “this is all about how the criminal Joe Biden (and all democrats ) are blithely raping 100s of black women all the time.

Thus has nothing to do with tribalism. This is about power. This is what happens when you give previously powerless people absolute control and put them in groups of similarly treated men, give them cool uniforms, and a really rad identifier (SCORPION!). It doesn’t matter whether the victim is black or white or Asian, or Jewish. Any resistance is an excuse for over-reaction.
you'll have to forgive shoshin for his total misreading of my post, and for making the usual left-wing excuses and accusations, larding them with typical irrelevant nonsense explanations.

Yes of course, this is about power. duh! but that has nothing to do with the point I was making. All government approved violence in all countries is about power , whether in Russia, China, Myanmar, Africa, or an America with the ku Klux, Klan and antifa. so your explanation is vacuously true almost by definition.

The point I was making is that the nature of violence in Russia, China, etc, is different in every country. in Memphis, the violence that was rendered did not resemble what happens in Russia or China, or with antifa. that particular category of violence is very similar to the tribal violence that occurs in Africa, particularly hutu- tutsi violence that is occurring today in Burundi. that was the point.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

The fall of a formerly great (euro/white, christian) civilization is quite obviously on the basis of what shoshin is saying, which is ironic. The incompetent and formerly powerless increase the chaos when handed the positions of esteem and power. Why? They themselves can't believe what is going on (they gave us the power?) and they have to get the gettin' while the gettin's good. Traditional societies found this out long ago when they allowed women to ascend into positions of power. An uncomfortable reality for the modern (propagandized) person, but true nonetheless (see Sir John Glubb for numerous examples in the "Fate of Empires").

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

thomasglee wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:13 am

The simple explanation is that it's part of the LEO culture. They truly believe they are above the law.

There are several good YouTube channels that document constitutional rights violations by officers all across the country against every class of citizen you can imagine. Officers truly believe they can demand ID for any reason and when one doesn't comply, they typically respond with false arrests. The officers are often provided immunity and as such, the cities or counties where they are located pay out sums of cash in settlements, but nobody is hardly ever disciplined. This is an issue across the board. Police misconduct is a serious issue. And their ignorance of the law and of our constitutional rights are astounding.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. We have a SERIOUS problem with the culture in Law Enforcement. It will take major steps to correct this. Unfortunately, I think its too late.

Bob Butler

Slow but definite change

Post by Bob Butler »

Navigator wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:43 am
thomasglee wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:13 am

I wholeheartedly agree with this. We have a SERIOUS problem with the culture in Law Enforcement. It will take major steps to correct this. Unfortunately, I think its too late.
I do not see it as too late. We have been battling prejudice at least since the Civil War. Several times we have gone through eras which reduce it somewhat. This time, if the Republicans continue to collapse, the federal reform bills will eventually pass. But there is no question that the process has been slow and tedious. As I expressed on my own thread, the Generational Dynamics instinct to treat people who are different with hate and violence is part of it. It will not go away easy.