Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

If Russia wins it will be a Pyrrhic victory.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Kremlin threatens use of nuclear weapons in retaliation for drone strike on Moscow skyscrapers: Putin ally warns there is 'no other way out' after attack on business district that closed Russian airspace and left one injured
Ukrainian drones attacked Moscow early on Sunday but there were no casualties
The facades of two office buildings in the Moscow City were slightly damaged
Two drones were involved in the attack and subsequently shot down by Moscow
By WILL STEWART and NATASHA ANDERSON
PUBLISHED: 00:34 EDT, 30 July 2023 | UPDATED: 09:16 EDT, 31 July 2023
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... emlin.html

WORLD WAR 3: Biden Administration Sends $345 Million in Weapons to Taiwan to Provoke China
Shane Trejo
Jul 30, 2023
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/world-war ... oke-china/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Post by John »

** 02-Aug-2023 World View: Further Ukraine War escalation

Fox News is reporting the following:

- Wagner Group military helicopters in
Belarus crossed the border briefly into
Poland, as Poland has been sending tanks
and troops to its border with Belarus.
The border situation is becoming
increasingly tense.

- With Russia having bombed Ukraine's
Black Sea ports, Russia is continuing
its missile attack on the Port of Izmail
on the Danube River. Ukraine has been
using the Danube River as an alternate
path for grain shipments particularly
needed in Mideast and African countries.

- Ukraine's counter-offensive to
recapture land in eastern Ukraine
occupied by Russia has gotten bogged
down, causing analysts to call for an
unspecified "Plan B".

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Should the US spend more money on another country where its politicians and ours are in league to enrich themselves, while continuing bloodshed, and with increasing debt loads and failing infrastructure in our own country?

I find this sad, bizarre thinking. Let's make Pelosi, Romney, Zelenskyy and the Biden family rich while people die! And go into greater debt!

That kind of thinking is the same as "Throw Trump in prison!"

Bob Butler

Containment

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:23 am
Should the US spend more money on another country where its politicians and ours are in league to enrich themselves, while continuing bloodshed, and with increasing debt loads and failing infrastructure in our own country?
Containment was the primary lesson of WW II. It was the purpose that NATO was built for. Discouraging Putin while not putting boots on the ground is essential. You would rather encourage blatant aggression?

spottybrowncow

Re: Containment

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:12 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:23 am
Containment was the primary lesson of WW II. It was the purpose that NATO was built for. Discouraging Putin while not putting boots on the ground is essential. You would rather encourage blatant aggression?
I have no doubt that some people are making money off of the Ukraine war. I also have no doubt that if Ukraine falls, Poland is next. I'm afraid that for many real-world things, the 3 blind men and the elephant is an apt analogy.

I don't know if a negotiated settlement is even possible, but if it was, it would only be temporary.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:05 pm
I have no doubt that some people are making money off of the Ukraine war. I also have no doubt that if Ukraine falls, Poland is next.
What's the basis for the Poland fear mongering? I don't see them as similar, or that happening, at all. The Ukraine stuff is completely explainable from a rational point of view for Russia. None of NATO's actions help the narrative, in fact they caused the Russian action due to being completely unnecessary among other things.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:10 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
I have no doubt that some people are making money off of the Ukraine war. I also have no doubt that if Ukraine falls, Poland is next.
What's the basis for the Poland fear mongering? I don't see them as similar, or that happening, at all. The Ukraine stuff is completely explainable from a rational point of view for Russia. None of NATO's actions help the narrative, in fact they caused the Russian action due to being completely unnecessary among other things.
Putin wants his empire back.
Poland is not safe.
Everyone knows that.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:57 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
spottybrowncow wrote:
Poland is not safe.
Everyone knows that.
Poland is rising.
The War will shift East.
Some know this.

Post by Guest »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:57 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
spottybrowncow wrote:
Poland is not safe.
Everyone knows that.
Correct. I think that Putin is a desperate cornered rat at this point. I would not put it past him to drag NATO into WW3 in an attempt to save himself.