25-Aug-16 World View -- North Korea lays land mines to prevent soldiers from defecting / US VP Biden snubbed by Turkey

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Re: 25-Aug-16 World View -- North Korea lays land mines to prevent soldiers from defecting / US VP Biden snubbed by Tur

Post by John »

Here's some interesting stuff on veneration of images from the Catholic
New Advent encyclopedia:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07620a.htm

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07664a.htm

MarvyGuy

Re: 25-Aug-16 World View -- North Korea lays land mines to prevent soldiers from defecting / US VP Biden snubbed by Tur

Post by MarvyGuy »

Very interesting. Site is where i have been reading early church fathers. I need to take up speed reading to get through everything I want to read. You know, before the end.

Demi Jarvis

Post by Demi Jarvis »

MarvyGuy wrote:So when a jihadist quotes something from the Koran or sunnah or hadith,
he's completely full of crap. Also, it's worth noting that
the Koran forbids suicide

John I understood everything but this particular para. was a little confusing and I think it is probably important as regards the current trend of the violence done in the name of Islam and the Western (non Islamic) viewpoint.

I have assumed that their actions are based on certain codex and/or interpretations that allow them the actions they take based on the non humanity of those who reject Islam.

Some Quranic verses I found:
9:123: “Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you.”

2:191- “Kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from wherever they drove you out.”

5: 45-- “We ordained therein for them: “Life for life, eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear. Tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal.”

2:193- “Fight them on until there is no more tumult and religion becomes that of Allah

9:29- "Fight those who do not believe in God and the last day... and fight People of the Book, who do not accept the religion of truth until they pay tribute by hand, being inferior.”

8:17-It is not ye who Slew them; it is God; when thou threwest a handful of dust, it was not Thy act, but God’s…..”

Really appreciate your effort