23-May-17 World View -- Germany's government blocks debt relief for Greece, despite new austerity measures

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

23-May-17 World View -- Germany's government blocks debt relief for Greece, despite new austerity measures

Post by John »

Greece's parliament raises taxes, cuts pensions to satisfy lenders

** 23-May-17 World View -- Germany's government blocks debt relief for Greece, despite new austerity measures
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170523

Contents:
Greece's parliament raises taxes, cuts pensions to satisfy lenders
Germany's government blocks debt relief for Greece, despite new austerity measures

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Greece, Grexit,
European Central Bank, ECB, European Commission, EC,
International Monetary Fund, IMF, Thessaloniki,
Germany, Wolfgang Schäuble, Sigmar Gabriel

Germany Calling

Re: 23-May-17 World View -- Germany's government blocks debt relief for Greece, despite new austerity measures

Post by Germany Calling »

I keep hearing the argument that if Greece would have left the EURO/ EU in 2007 they would have gone through a short sharp depression, and then within 2-3 years have been on the road to recovery. How truthful a statement is that? The argument being Greece has defaulted numerous times on its debt and then used a devalued currency to restore its economy through manufacturing and tourism.

Re: 23-May-17 World View -- Germany's government blocks debt relief for Greece, despite new austerity measures

Post by Guest »

Germany Calling wrote:I keep hearing the argument that if Greece would have left the EURO/ EU in 2007 they would have gone through a short sharp depression, and then within 2-3 years have been on the road to recovery. How truthful a statement is that? The argument being Greece has defaulted numerous times on its debt and then used a devalued currency to restore its economy through manufacturing and tourism.
Nope. Greeks are too lazy to survive.

FaustYull

Post by FaustYull »

Let's be honest the Greeks are never going to pay it back.

Post by Guest »

FaustYull wrote:Let's be honest the Greeks are never going to pay it back.
Only a Greek can cheat a Jew
-Old Polish Proverb

StevenHodge

Post by StevenHodge »

Guest wrote:
-Old Polish Proverb
Haha. Don't quote racist proverbs. (Just joking.)

LeonSerna

Post by LeonSerna »

StevenHodge wrote:
Guest wrote:
-Old Polish Proverb
Lol. I like your sense of humor. :)

Post by Guest »

LeonSerna wrote:
StevenHodge wrote:
Guest wrote:
-Old Polish Proverb
Lol. I like your sense of humor. :)
You're welcome.

LoganHite

Post by LoganHite »

StevenHodge wrote:
Guest wrote:
-Old Polish Proverb
Lol. I like your sense of humor. :D :D :D :)

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

A jewish friend of mine had a funny Dad, who grew up in a part of the country later in life where my Dad was raised. He told me, "It takes two jews to outsmart a greek, and two greeks to outsmart an armenian."

I laughed. Yes, I'm one of those ethnicities.

(but more important than anything, I'm orthodox)