13-Dec-17 World View -- China's warplanes conduct 'encirclement' patrols around Taiwan's and Japan's islands

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

13-Dec-17 World View -- China's warplanes conduct 'encirclement' patrols around Taiwan's and Japan's islands

Post by John »

China unification continues to lose support among the people of Taiwan

** 13-Dec-17 World View -- China's warplanes conduct 'encirclement' patrols around Taiwan's and Japan's islands
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171213

Contents:
China's warplanes conduct 'encirclement' patrols around Taiwan's and Japan's islands
Encirclement patrols follow explicit Chinese war threats against Taiwan
China unification continues to lose support among the people of Taiwan

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, China, People's Liberation Army, PLA,
Taiwan, Kaohsiung, Li Kexin, Anti-Secession Law,
Chinese Nationalist Party, Kuomintang, KMT,
Democratic Progressive Party, DPP

IveSeenTheLight

Re: 13-Dec-17 World View -- China's warplanes conduct 'encirclement' patrols around Taiwan's and Japan's islands

Post by IveSeenTheLight »

All this foreplay getting me hot and bothered!!!

You know. I was getting scared about the implications of GD becoming more widely known in particular moving forward. I think my revelation tonight is that it really isn't going to effect the wars in the future all that much. Being self aware doesn't stop people from being... well... people. Maybe it is used in the future to make "worse wars" but at this point I almost doubt that. All of this seems so embedded in the flow of things that I feel the information really doesn't effect the trajectory. Having this information won't make people want to work towards the next crisis war because they'll probably be off being proud about doing drugs and fucking one another or some other silly nonsense. I'm not sure how much this information would've changed things even this time (if more people knew) because in some sense you can assume at any point in time most people are doing the best they can. So knowing we were headed for war wouldn't really allow us to "work harder" to create bigger badder weapons for this go around. it won't be till a bit before the next crisis (give or take some years) when a receptive, smart, pessimistic "John Smith"(Xenakis) comes around and sees the shitstorm while everyone else is making love to themselves. What I find also funny about GD is that it is very similar to the arguments of "natural selection" and eugenics from the last go round. In some sense GD isn't even the GD of GD (METAAAAA).

The lesson from Alabama? Try as we might GD controls you, you don't control GD. Because we all know what a Moore loss likely means. Dems and Neos are now more emboldened, nay entitled to continue not doing a god damn thing, more polarization of political rhetoric, and more chaos. As if this means 2016 was "nullified" and we are all going back to how things were in the past when their control was easy and unchallenged, but the sad truth for our friends in washington is there is no going back, only forward. And the wheel keeps turning....

The great beautiful mysteries of life.

Re: 13-Dec-17 World View -- China's warplanes conduct 'encirclement' patrols around Taiwan's and Japan's islands

Post by guest »

I live in Asia. I know it's over. I don't drink, so I have no escape from this. Life doesn't feel like a beautiful mystery here. It never has. America was an island away from it all. Now it's not. I try to philosophize this away, but I can't. I'm here. And now, with ICBMS, America might as well be too.

John

Post by John »

Where in Asia do you live?

Post by Guest »

John wrote:Where in Asia do you live?
Korea and Singapore

Coordinated fires

Post by Coordinated fires »

IveSeenTheLight wrote:All this foreplay getting me hot and bothered!!!

You know. I was getting scared about the implications of GD becoming more widely known in particular moving forward. I think my revelation tonight is that it really isn't going to effect the wars in the future all that much. Being self aware doesn't stop people from being... well... people. Maybe it is used in the future to make "worse wars" but at this point I almost doubt that. All of this seems so embedded in the flow of things that I feel the information really doesn't effect the trajectory. Having this information won't make people want to work towards the next crisis war because they'll probably be off being proud about doing drugs and fucking one another or some other silly nonsense. I'm not sure how much this information would've changed things even this time (if more people knew) because in some sense you can assume at any point in time most people are doing the best they can. So knowing we were headed for war wouldn't really allow us to "work harder" to create bigger badder weapons for this go around. it won't be till a bit before the next crisis (give or take some years) when a receptive, smart, pessimistic "John Smith"(Xenakis) comes around and sees the shitstorm while everyone else is making love to themselves. What I find also funny about GD is that it is very similar to the arguments of "natural selection" and eugenics from the last go round. In some sense GD isn't even the GD of GD (METAAAAA).

The lesson from Alabama? Try as we might GD controls you, you don't control GD. Because we all know what a Moore loss likely means. Dems and Neos are now more emboldened, nay entitled to continue not doing a god damn thing, more polarization of political rhetoric, and more chaos. As if this means 2016 was "nullified" and we are all going back to how things were in the past when their control was easy and unchallenged, but the sad truth for our friends in washington is there is no going back, only forward. And the wheel keeps turning....

The great beautiful mysteries of life.
GD is like gravity. Knowing about it won’t stop it from operating. It’s baked into the mechanics of humanity, I’m afraid.
Politics is war by other means

John

Post by John »

Coordinated fires wrote: > GD is like gravity. Knowing about it won’t stop it from
> operating. It’s baked into the mechanics of humanity, I’m
> afraid.
Wow, what a great analogy!

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:
Coordinated fires wrote: > GD is like gravity. Knowing about it won’t stop it from
> operating. It’s baked into the mechanics of humanity, I’m
> afraid.
Wow, what a great analogy!
Pretty good analogy.

I'd prefer: GD is like fluid dynamics. Knowing about it shows you how to USE it, but if you have "better things" to do than use it, it describes what will happen quite well.

It IS baked into the mechanics of humanity, but there's no need to be afraid of it, as it's simply "the way shit works".

Once humanity decides "it" (!?) wants to take the hint and USE the the dynamic (the theory) to accomplish "something", then humanity will do so.

The tricky bit is that "using" GD theory requires making decisions that call into question some VERY touchy ethical "standards" that we rely on.

Just as "surgery" requires "awful cutting into healthy surrounding flesh" in the service of healing, USING GD theory would require "awful cutting" in the service of healing society (and the interfaces betwixt societies).

Surgery would have been seen as "UnGodly and evil interference in the natural course of life" in ancient times, and "societal manipulation" via GD theory WOULD BE seen as "UnGodly and evil interference in the natural course of life" today.

That ain't changin' this cycle, and probably not the next one, but, if the "natural result" of the World War after the next one is bad enough, perhaps there's some hope that humanity will wake up.

Aloha. <shaka!>

sue

Post by sue »

Just a prologue to the GD ranting responder:
Often reality sucks!
No matter under what name/guise, communists are patient. While play-by-play seems spontaneous, their long-term goals are always in view. The Chinese strategy has been stated and their military lies in wait.
Glad John cleared up that joke part. I wasn't laughing but thinking, "Which congressional aides"? I remember when Taiwan was independent. Despite Taiwanese political parties gravitating towards independence, their corporate desire will not meet with China's acquiescence.
(Too bad democrats and republicans (and I'm not talking uniparty) will not draw closer for legal Americans citizens' good.)

sue

Post by sue »

Just a prologue to the GD ranting responder:
Often reality sucks!
No matter under what name/guise, communists are patient. While play-by-play seems spontaneous, their long-term goals are always in view. The Chinese strategy has been stated and their military lies in wait.
Glad John cleared up that joke part. I wasn't laughing but thinking, "Which congressional aides"? I remember when Taiwan was independent. Despite Taiwanese political parties gravitating towards independence, their corporate desire will not meet with China's acquiescence.
(Too bad democrats and republicans (and I'm not talking uniparty) will not draw closer for legal Americans citizens' good.)