16-Dec-17 World View -- China-Australia relations plummet over China's illegal militarization of South China Sea

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Coordinated fires

Re: 16-Dec-17 World View -- China-Australia relations plummet over China's illegal militarization of South China Sea

Post by Coordinated fires »

Tom Mazanec wrote:I met a Chinese person at Toastmasters. I asked her this. Her reply was along the lines of "There will be no war. America just has to grow up and learn its place."
yes. Make way for the new Chinese greater-asian co-prosperity sphere! I can't wait!
Politics is war by other means

CrouchingTiger

Re: 16-Dec-17 World View -- China-Australia relations plummet over China's illegal militarization of South China Sea

Post by CrouchingTiger »

Tom Mazanec wrote:I met a Chinese person at Toastmasters. I asked her this. Her reply was along the lines of "There will be no war. America just has to grow up and learn its place."
I remember back in college I took an asian history class. One of the recurring themes when discussing china was they are incredibly conservative. They always are seeking to return to some "golden" era of their history (as to which era depends on the time). As their view goes they were the center of the world for so long and everyone wanted to be them and buy their product until by some "fluke" England came upon industrialization and were able to suppress them but that was just a temporary setback. Give it some time and the world will return to its "natural" state and china will be restored to its golden era.

All I can see from the chinese reinforces that this is how they see the world.

Post by Guest »

I would have socked that bitch in the mouth.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Really, we are in uncharted waters here. We have never had a Crisis War between two Powers with the ability to kill most of their population.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

"How will the Chinese Diaspora react?"
Look at Thailand, Singapore, and other parts of asia with large-ish numbers of Chinese.

John is correct, that if China is "the bad guy" then they will not take positions opposed to "the non-Chinese" side.

The Chinese diaspora takes "control" of a region by business dominance. They can't do that in large western non-asian countries (regions).

If they (the diaspora in aggregate) see China (proper) as losing influence, and wronged, they will work covertly to weaken China's adversaries.

Ethnic minorities (of the supremacist variety) attempt to incrementally take power by bloc-voting in a racial separatist manner. Once they hold a certain minimum of the polity (percentage of the population) and a certain minimum of administrative/legislative power, they vote themselves (and their adversaries) into a "one party state", which forces their "adversaries" into the countryside.

Then a resentment fueled generational crisis (and eventual crisis war) comes along, and those who are the traditional constituents of "the nation" slaughter any "separatists" they can lay their hands on,.. and once that blood is tasted, the thirst grows exponentially with time, setting the resentful nations to war with each other, until... well, you know.

The primary sign of the "turn" toward the downfall of the separatists is when the youth (the "millenials") flip their "theology" from SJWarriorism to nationalism.

And I'm not saying that that "turn" is a bad thing! Nationalism is infinitely more desirable than SJWarriorism, but when that flip happens, and SJWarriorism starts losing large numbers of "adherents", the course is set for war within 2 to 4 years, but not likely LESS than 2 years, because it takes 2 years, or two "Christmases, Spring Breaks and Summer Concert Rallies", (at least) to fully energize the young nationalists.

Aloha nui guys. :) <shaka!>