17-Dec-17 World View -- Chinese experts warn China to prepare for nuclear war in North Korea

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

17-Dec-17 World View -- Chinese experts warn China to prepare for nuclear war in North Korea

Post by John »

Concerns grow over the threat of a North Korean nuclear reactor disaster

** 17-Dec-17 World View -- Chinese experts warn China to prepare for nuclear war in North Korea
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171217

Contents:
Chinese experts warn China to prepare for nuclear war in North Korea
Concerns grow over the threat of a North Korean nuclear reactor disaster

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, China, North Korea, Kim Jong-un,
South Korea, Zhu Feng

Tom Mazanec

Re: 17-Dec-17 World View -- Chinese experts warn China to prepare for nuclear war in North Korea

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I see you picked up on that news item I posted in International events, John.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Re: 17-Dec-17 World View -- Chinese experts warn China to prepare for nuclear war in North Korea

Post by John »

Tom Mazanec wrote:I see you picked up on that news item I posted in International events, John.

Yeah, your posting inspired me when I started collecting information for the article this afternoon!

John

Post by John »

John wrote:
Tom Mazanec wrote:I see you picked up on that news item I posted in International events, John.

Yeah, your posting inspired me when I started collecting information for the article this afternoon!
It was one of those time machine situations like in your science fiction stories.

Coordinated fires

Post by Coordinated fires »

I wonder if some sort of a partition could be accomplished. Whereby China installs a government friendly to their interests to control the northern portion of NK, and the South reunifies with the southern portion. A sort of post-war east/west Germany arrangement. Seems like this would be the only option that leads to peace, since it is clear Beijing will not accept a western-backed unified Korea right up to the Yalu river, and the US will not accept a nuclear armed DPRK in it's current form.

On the other hand I understand that such a radical departure from the status quo will require some sort of a major crisis as a catalyst and is not likely to occur otherwise.
Politics is war by other means

John

Post by John »

Coordinated fires wrote: > I wonder if some sort of a partition could be
> accomplished. Whereby China installs a government friendly to
> their interests to control the northern portion of NK, and the
> South reunifies with the southern portion. A sort of post-war
> east/west Germany arrangement. Seems like this would be the only
> option that leads to peace, since it is clear Beijing will not
> accept a western-backed unified Korea right up to the Yalu river,
> and the US will not accept a nuclear armed DPRK in it's current
> form.

> On the other hand I understand that such a radical departure from
> the status quo will require some sort of a major crisis as a
> catalyst and is not likely to occur otherwise.
Neither China nor North Korea would agree to that solution. They both
want a unified Korea under control of a regime allied with China.
They won't agree to anything else, and they'll go to war to get what
they want.

Coordinated fires

Post by Coordinated fires »

John wrote:
Coordinated fires wrote: > I wonder if some sort of a partition could be
> accomplished. Whereby China installs a government friendly to
> their interests to control the northern portion of NK, and the
> South reunifies with the southern portion. A sort of post-war
> east/west Germany arrangement. Seems like this would be the only
> option that leads to peace, since it is clear Beijing will not
> accept a western-backed unified Korea right up to the Yalu river,
> and the US will not accept a nuclear armed DPRK in it's current
> form.

> On the other hand I understand that such a radical departure from
> the status quo will require some sort of a major crisis as a
> catalyst and is not likely to occur otherwise.

Neither China nor North Korea would agree to that solution. They both
want a unified Korea under control of a regime allied with China.
They won't agree to anything else, and they'll go to war to get what
they want.
I can't believe that the Chinese position is that Seoul, a fully modern city of over 25 million people, as well as the rest of South Korea (an internationally recognized sovereign state) being absorbed by the lunatic regime in NK is a sane solution. Doing this to Taiwan is one thing, but it seems insane that they would think this will ever be accepted as a solution to the Korean peninsula. Are the Chinese truly willing to tolerate an out-of-pocket nuclear armed NK over a partial "win" on the peninsula. Are they that stupid?...I guess Ill find out when I go on my date. :roll:
Politics is war by other means

Post by Guest »

Save the last nuke for Shanghai. We should have let the Japanese destroyed them completely.

sue

Post by sue »

My biggest concern is those who are NOT listening to this wisdom. Remembering the sweeping barry trashing of the Pentagon, depletion of our military and national readiness, I wonder how seriously the NK threat is viewed. Chernobyl was a Russian "OOPS" of gigantic proportion. Langley screens held satellite biews of massive land devastation. No one know the human casualty figures.
China is busy empire building, man-made island and all. Do the Chinese leaders grasp Kim's instability? That and the nuclear obsession will be a deadly combination unless Kim lights a Benson & Hedges in the wrong place. For me, this comes down to America first. Who in the Pentagon is protecting US?

RealTalk

Post by RealTalk »

Why not talk about how China censors not only its own people but us. They financially incentivize all of the top US films to strip anything negative about china. God knows what else they are doing. Why is the left so god damn good at being bad?