28-Dec-17 World View -- China funds unauthorized anti-Japan comfort woman statue in Manila, Philippines

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

28-Dec-17 World View -- China funds unauthorized anti-Japan comfort woman statue in Manila, Philippines

Post by John »

South Korea calls for renegotiating 2015 deal with Japan on comfort women

** 28-Dec-17 World View -- China funds unauthorized anti-Japan comfort woman statue in Manila, Philippines
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171228

Contents:
China funds unauthorized anti-Japan comfort woman statue in Manila, Philippines
South Korea calls for renegotiating 2015 deal with Japan on comfort women

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Japan, comfort women, South Korea, Philippines,
Manila, Roxas Boulevard,
San Francisco, Osaka, Yokohama, Teresita Ang See,
Libya, Serbia, Amy Chua, South Korea,
Taro Kono, Kang Kyung-wha

sue

Re: 28-Dec-17 World View -- China funds unauthorized anti-Japan comfort woman statue in Manila, Philippines

Post by sue »

John, warning: this post is not your detached intellectual style.
I read with continuing revulsion. Not because I am a woman, but because human life is apparently viewed by international leaders as being idealogical and political collateral. Statues to commemorate forced prostitutes.
South Korean Kang is a flat out opportunist who is trading his country's safety for bucks.
Printable words fail me. Heading for the shower, thorough Oral B toothbrushing and germicidal Listerine.
How does God let us live!!

John

Re: 28-Dec-17 World View -- China funds unauthorized anti-Japan comfort woman statue in Manila, Philippines

Post by John »

sue wrote: > John, warning: this post is not your detached intellectual style.
> I read with continuing revulsion. Not because I am a woman, but
> because human life is apparently viewed by international leaders
> as being idealogical and political collateral. Statues to
> commemorate forced prostitutes. South Korean Kang is a flat out
> opportunist who is trading his country's safety for bucks.
> Printable words fail me. Heading for the shower, thorough Oral B
> toothbrushing and germicidal Listerine. How does God let us
> live!!
The things that I keep writing about are not rare. They're ordinary.

Coordinated fires

Post by Coordinated fires »

John, remember when you suggested I have a chat with one of my Chinese classmates about thier views regarding the future of China’s relationship with their neighbours and with the West?

Well, I had an extremely interesting conversation with a new coworker who happens to be Chinese. He’s young, affluent, early 20s, born in Shanghai to a wealthy family who owns a manufacturing business producing bolts and washers/hardware for the Chinese market. So definetly a wealthy urban elite with enough money to pay int. Student tuition at a western school and still drive a bmw. Well educated, in fact he just graduated from our local university here. He’s a nice enough guy. But then...

In the course of regular conversation and small talk, the topic somehow turned to Hong Kong. The change in topic was initiated by him without any prompting. He expressed disgust for the yellow ribbon protesters that had been demonstrating on campus a while back, he seemed halfway surprised by the fact that the university would “allow” the protest to occur. I then mentioned that similar issues seemed to be bubbling up in Taiwan, being very careful to measure my tone and inflection so as to appear neutral, I wanted him to continue.

At the mention of Taiwan he became visibly aggravated, not so much towards me, but towards the very concept of a Taiwan, it seemed. He angrily derided the Taiwanese as being “always on the side of the Japanese”, and as “just doing whatever the Japanese tell them to do”. I could tell he really hated them, both the Japanese and the Taiwanese.

He even relayed a story to me about another Chinese student he had met at our school who had made the grave mistake of introducing himself as being “from Taiwan”, who he then gave a stern dressing down to for using the term.” Apparently he just stood there and kept aggressively asking him where he was from until the student correctly answered China”. At which point he “let him go”.

Keep in mind this all poured out of him in the span of about 90 seconds, and completely unsolicited and unprovoked. I was taken aback. He seemed like such a funny, easy going type up to that point. I realize this is just anecdotal but thought you’d find it interesting.
Politics is war by other means

John

Post by John »

Coordinated fires wrote: > John, remember when you suggested I have a chat with one of my
> Chinese classmates about their views regarding the future of
> China’s relationship with it’s neighbours and with the West?

> Well, I had an extremely interesting conversation with a new
> coworker who happens to be Chinese. He’s young, affluent, early
> 20s, born in Shanghai to a wealthy family who owns a manufacturing
> business producing bolts and washers/hardware for the Chinese
> market. So definetly a wealthy urban elite with enough money to
> pay int. Student tuition at a western school and still drive a
> bmw. Well educated, in fact he just graduated from our local
> university here. He’s a nice enough guy. But then...

> In the course of regular conversation and small talk, the topic
> somehow turned to Hong Kong. The change in topic was initiated by
> him without any prompting. He expressed disgust for the yellow
> ribbon protesters that had been demonstrating on campus a while
> back, he seemed halfway surprised by the fact that the university
> would “allow” the protest to occur. I then mentioned that similar
> issues seemed to be bubbling up in Taiwan, being very careful to
> measure my tone and inflection so as to appear neutral, I wanted
> him to continue.

> At the mention of Taiwan he became visibly aggravated, not so much
> towards me, but towards the very concept of a Taiwan, it
> seemed. He angrily derided the Taiwanese as being “always on the
> side of the Japanese”, and as “just doing whatever the Japanese
> tell them to do”. I could tell he really hated them, both the
> Japanese an$ the Taiwanese.

> He even relayed a story to me about another Chinese student he had
> met at our school who had made the grave mistake of introducing
> himself as being “from Taiwan”, who he then gave a stern dressing
> down to for using the term.” Apparently he just stood there and
> kept aggressively asking him where he was from until the student
> correctly answered China”. At which point he “let him go”.

> Keep in mind this all poured out of him in the span of about 90
> seconds, and completely unsolicited and unprovoked. I was taken
> aback. He seemed like such a funny, easy going type up to that
> point. I realize this is just anecdotal but thought you’d find it
> interesting.
Thank you for trying that "experiment" and for posting that
information. The information is really quite valuable and even
frightening and depressing, because it tears the mask away and reveals
what's really going on.

We can really see where things are going. People are always telling
me that the Chinese won't attack for some "logical" reason, like, why
bother since China will be #1 by 2050 anyway. There is no logic
involved here. The Chinese are arrogant, they believe that they are
better than anyone, they believe that they will defeat America and
everyone else, and they're like an emotional time bomb waiting to
explode.

You've gotten information about their attitude towards indigenous Hong
Kongers and Taiwanese. But the original question you asked me had to
do with their attitude toward Americans. Did you get any sense of
that?

Perhaps it's time for you to take up the second part of your
assignment. (You know, the part about asking a Chinese girl out on a
date.)

Coordinated fires

Post by Coordinated fires »

John wrote: You've gotten information about their attitude towards indigenous Hong
Kongers and Taiwanese. But the original question you asked me had to
do with their attitude toward Americans. Did you get any sense of
that?

Perhaps it's time for you to take up the second part of your
assignment. (You know, the part about asking a Chinese girl out on a
date.)
I honestly didn't intend to bring this up with him, since it's work and I have a strict policy of not discussing any form of politics at work under any circumstances, when politics do eventually come up I usually try to give neutral non-answers and avoid the conversation, as my classical-liberal, pro-trump, pro-western, center-right views are simply too controversial in these parts. It's not worth it to make enemies at work because I use the income to pay for tuition.

When all this poured out of him I just kind of blurted out some absurdity like "as long as there's peace, I just don't want there to be a war", or something equally as dumb. Thankfully, at that moment a customer came came asking for something and we disengaged. He didn't bring it up again. I'm sure he'll offer up some more "data" as time goes on. I will report what I hear.

As for my secondary objective, rest assured, when classes resume next week I will be diligently pursuing the requisite data to compile my report, in order to umm...aid in maintenance of international peace and security.
Politics is war by other means

Post by Guest »

Wide-scale sexual slavery is NOT a necessary feature of a crisis era. Remember that the US and Japan were both in crisis eras during WWII. But only one is charged with endemic use of sexual slaves during that war.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Wide-scale sexual slavery is NOT a necessary feature of a crisis era. Remember that the US and Japan were both in crisis eras during WWII. But only one is charged with endemic use of sexual slaves during that war.
and the Bosnian Muslims and Albanians didn't set up rape camps either. Culture is the most important factor. Slavic orthodoxy has a well established rape culture.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Wide-scale sexual slavery is NOT a necessary feature of a crisis era. Remember that the US and Japan were both in crisis eras during WWII. But only one is charged with endemic use of sexual slaves during that war.
and the Bosnian Muslims and Albanians didn't set up rape camps either. Culture is the most important factor. Slavic orthodoxy has a well established rape culture.
Indeed, culture is the most important factor. During a Crisis Era every culture will show it's best and worst. However do not make the mistake of considering Slavic Orthodox culture to be monolithic. Greek, Serbian, Russian, etc. cultures are very different from one another.

TheDecemberRains

Post by TheDecemberRains »

Isn't it the rule in chaos that the biggest boldest actions win? I think this war will require a lot of creativity. Stuff like pretending to crowd source military decisions to the public and throwing in a couple that you end up using. I feel like comedies and crisis action films seem like a good source of ideas. I don't think it will be a crisis era until we can't tell if we are watching a movie or the news. I think the reality tv level is good but we got farther to go. Much more flare for drama in the movies ya' know!