20-Sep-18 World View -- Is Christine Blasey Ford accusing the wrong person?

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

The international #MeToo movement continues to harm women

** 20-Sep-18 World View -- Is Christine Blasey Ford accusing the wrong person?
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180920

Contents:
The international #MeToo movement continues to harm women
Is Christine Blasey Ford accusing the wrong person?
The rape statistics

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Brett Kavanaugh, Christine Blasey Ford,
#MeToo, Clarence Thomas, Anita Hill, Bill Clinton,
Juanita Broaddrick, Monica Lewinsky,
Sylvia Ann Hewlett, Center for Talent Innovation,
Barry Scheck, Innocence Project, PBS Frontline,
Ronald Cotton, Jennifer Thomson, Bob Poole,
Dianne Feinstein

Re: 20-Sep-18 World View -- Is Christine Blasey Ford accusing the wrong person?

Post by Guest »

John wrote:When I wrote about the #MeToo movement late last year, I described how much it was hurting women, just as women in the workplace were enormously harmed by the 1991 hearings for Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas, where Anita Hill accused Thomas of asking her out when they were both single and of telling he a couple of dirty jokes.
I am sure that word "he" adds something important to the sentence. I just have no idea what.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
John wrote:When I wrote about the #MeToo movement late last year, I described how much it was hurting women, just as women in the workplace were enormously harmed by the 1991 hearings for Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas, where Anita Hill accused Thomas of asking her out when they were both single and of telling he a couple of dirty jokes.
I am sure that word "he" adds something important to the sentence. I just have no idea what.
His R key is not working as hard as it can.

Silent Guest 2

Post by Silent Guest 2 »

As a woman who has worked soley with men, I learned on Job #1 to speak on business matters only. My first job as a stock trader was a tough initiation. One co-worker refused to speak to, "the broad at the desk". Gradually the men respected my abilities. Whether in having authority over crews or doing UC work, I learned to think before speaking, always respect alpha males, discipline fairly, NEVER to back down and go home many nights with bitten tongue.
I've been beaten and choked during jobs. Part of life. My Wounded Warrior son endured much much worse. And is now.
So suck it up women and be grateful for every man who makes a living, comes home, loves his family and sometimes dons a uniform and fights for what remains of our freedoms. Many many times a day I am ashamed of my gender.

Silent Guest 2

Post by Silent Guest 2 »

As a woman who has worked soley with men, I learned on Job #1 to speak on business matters only. My first job as a stock trader was a tough initiation. One co-worker refused to speak to, "the broad at the desk". Gradually the men respected my abilities. Whether in having authority over crews or doing UC work, I learned to think before speaking, always respect alpha males, discipline fairly, NEVER to back down and go home many nights with bitten tongue.
I've been beaten and choked during jobs. Part of life. My Wounded Warrior son endured much much worse. And is now.
So suck it up women and be grateful for every man who makes a living, comes home, loves his family and sometimes dons a uniform and fights for what remains of our freedoms. Many many times a day I am ashamed of my gender.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

made my women with emotional problems
by
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

All Things Right

Post by All Things Right »

I think this take on the Kavanaugh case is an interesting one but I am a little bit bothered by you not referencing your points. Like when you seem to say that Barry Scheck's Innocence Project found out that 25% of cases were wrongly accused. "In the 1990s, Barry Scheck's Innocence Project was able to go back and perform DNA tests on the rape kits that had been preserved. Of the first 18,000 DNA tests, 5,000 accused suspects were eliminated -- 27.8%." I tried to find out exactly what happened but was not able to verify that what you wrote was true. Would it be possible to add references?

John

Post by John »

All Things Right wrote: > I think this take on the Kavanaugh case is an interesting one but
> I am a little bit bothered by you not referencing your
> points. Like when you seem to say that Barry Scheck's Innocence
> Project found out that 25% of cases were wrongly accused. "In the
> 1990s, Barry Scheck's Innocence Project was able to go back and
> perform DNA tests on the rape kits that had been preserved. Of the
> first 18,000 DNA tests, 5,000 accused suspects were eliminated --
> 27.8%." I tried to find out exactly what happened but was not
> able to verify that what you wrote was true. Would it be possible
> to add references?
Everything is very well sourced. The Barry Sheck study is discussed
in detail in my book Fraternizing with the Enemy, which has a link to
a free PDF in the article. Download the PDF, and read Chapter 2,