23-Sep-18 World View -- Gunmen massacre IRGC soldiers and their families during military parade in Ahvaz, Iran

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

23-Sep-18 World View -- Gunmen massacre IRGC soldiers and their families during military parade in Ahvaz, Iran

Post by John »

Attack blamed on a local Arab terrorist group, al-Ahvazi separatist movement

** 23-Sep-18 World View -- Gunmen massacre IRGC soldiers and their families during military parade in Ahvaz, Iran
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180923

Contents:
Gunmen massacre IRGC soldiers and their families during military parade in Ahvaz, Iran
Iran reflexively blames Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Mossad, and United States
Attack blamed on a local Arab terrorist group, al-Ahvazi separatist movement

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Iran, Ahvaz, Khuzestan, Iraq,
Iran/Iraq war, Saddam Hussein,
Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, IRGC,
Seyed Ali Hosseini Khamenei, Saudi Arabia, Israel,
Patriotic Arab Democratic Movement in Ahwaz,
al-Ahwaz, al-Ahvaziya, al-Ahvazi,
United Arab Emirates, UAE, John R. Bolton

Re: 23-Sep-18 World View -- Gunmen massacre IRGC soldiers and their families during military parade in Ahvaz, Iran

Post by Guest »

The Iranians always swear that their will be harsh reprisals for these attacks, but I don't think anything of the kind has happened in all these years. The Iranian government knows that another war would be unpopular. For all the talk of KSA being mired in the war in Yemen, so is Iran. The Persian treasury has been drained by the unending wars across the Shia Crescent.

Iran is bogged down the way America has been since 2001. Endless wars have bankrupted everyone. I think war with KSA would mean the implosion if the Islamic Republic. The Iranians across every demographic are tired of the Revolution. I don't believe they want to become Europeans, but they definitely want to be able to sit in cafes without the Islamic Authorities bothering them about chadors and other tiresome things.

I think someone has laid a trap for the Iranian Government.

Silent Guest 1

Re: 23-Sep-18 World View -- Gunmen massacre IRGC soldiers and their families during military parade in Ahvaz, Iran

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

Sadly I find few Bolton fans. Some even derisively refer to him as "The Walrus". Bolton's "problem" is that he is educated, has endured political BS for decades and is speaking plainly about reality.
So many many players on the international scene. Guest correctly stated that Iran has no desire to be part of western society (whatever remains of it). Tribes are tribes.
Blaming Israel is a given. Blaming America is not as easy as it once was. Trump has some spine and teeth. Trump also is getting the drift of acting without going within sniffing distance of the 534 gutless congressional lobbiests.
Iran is in serious trouble domestically and internationally. Options that avoid SERIOUS damage to the Iranian population are few. What this boils down to is how will Rouhani save his fanatic face.

John

Post by John »

Silent Guest 1 wrote: > Sadly I find few Bolton fans.
I like John Bolton, and I like Steve Bannon. But I keep getting the
feeling more and more that they're both going off the rails.