10-Nov-18 World View -- China and India compete for influence in Sri Lanka and Maldives constitutional crises

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

10-Nov-18 World View -- China and India compete for influence in Sri Lanka and Maldives constitutional crises

Post by John »

Sri Lanka constitutional crisis grows as president dissolves parliament

** 10-Nov-18 World View -- China and India compete for influence in Sri Lanka and Maldives constitutional crises
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181110

Contents:
Sri Lanka constitutional crisis grows as president dissolves parliament
New Maldives government begins untangling previous government's secret deals with China

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Sri Lanka, Maithripala Sirisena,
Ranil Wickremesinghe, Mahinda Rajapaksa, India, Hambantota port,
China, Belt and Road Initiative, BRI,
Maldives, Abdulla Yameen, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih,
Malaysia, Pakistan, Sierra Leone

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 10-Nov-18 World View -- China and India compete for influence in Sri Lanka and Maldives constitutional crises

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

The comedy continues! :)

It's like The Italian Job played out on the International Geopolitical Stage.

..or Mr. Bean Makes Deals with China!

Re: 10-Nov-18 World View -- China and India compete for influence in Sri Lanka and Maldives constitutional crises

Post by Guest »

Could the Maldives just default and kick the Chinese out? They could declare the contracts null and void due to fraud. If the Chinese decided to send the navy to attack the islands, they would probably find the Indian navy waiting for them. If I was the Maldives I would do it. Better to risk annihilation, than accept certain slavery.

Silent Guest 1

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

How many examples do nations require to recognize the scam trap?
For me, John's emphasis on personal "victim" corruption takes the day. The old advice, "Follow the money", applies. Those who pay the price for greed are peasant stock. The perps live large and isolate.
Look no further than DC and the 535 who refuse to enforce Constitutional immigration laws, including deporting 50,000,000 illegal occupiers and fining those who employ, house and send untaxed money out of America. Again, peasants pay the fare.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:Could the Maldives just default and kick the Chinese out? They could declare the contracts null and void due to fraud. If the Chinese decided to send the navy to attack the islands, they would probably find the Indian navy waiting for them. If I was the Maldives I would do it. Better to risk annihilation, than accept certain slavery.
That IS what will happen eventually, but, applying the time honored and VERY popular "Kick the Can Down the Road, HARD!" operating principle, it won't happen until it's the only option left.

..everybody is playing for time, hoping a miracle will appear as the principle protagonist "saves the day" at the last minute, averting the seemingly inevitable catastrophe, directly after which comes the sexy comedic denouement followed by the end credits.

Ah,.. modernity! Ain't it SWELL...!?

..and then the next Feature: "We Thought You WANTED Robots!?"

Aloha gangies! :) <shaka nui!>