17-Dec-18 World View -- North Korea threatens US with 'exchanges of fire' over new human rights sanctions

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

17-Dec-18 World View -- North Korea threatens US with 'exchanges of fire' over new human rights sanctions

Post by John »

Japan-Korea relations worsen over 'comfort women' issue

** 17-Dec-18 World View -- North Korea threatens US with 'exchanges of fire' over new human rights sanctions
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181217

Contents:
US issues new sanctions on North Korea over human rights abuses
North Korea threatens retaliation for the sanctions
Japan-Korea relations worsen over 'comfort women' issue

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, Kim Jong-un,
South Korea, Moon Jae-in, Mike Pompeo,
Otto Warmbier, Steven T. Mnuchin

Re: 17-Dec-18 World View -- North Korea threatens US with 'exchanges of fire' over new human rights sanctions

Post by Guest »

Are Russia and China donating supplies to NK? How much coal could China and Russia accept in exchange for oil and supplies? Russia and China are choking on coal. What does NK sell to the Chinese?

I think President Trump is hoping to bleed the Chinese and Russians through their sanction violations. I bet it was fun in the beginning; thumbing their noses at America, but now it could be costing them money.

Silent Guest 1

Re: 17-Dec-18 World View -- North Korea threatens US with 'exchanges of fire' over new human rights sanctions

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

The charm bracelet approach was never more than an exchange of cheap jewelry. North Korea is a year further ahead in nuclear research.
The comfort lady issue is absurd. The Japanese are guilty. After this let's not make a deal kerfluffle, no more about the importance of saving face.
PS
Guest: thumbs up post.

Post by Guest »

What if North Korea's attempt to have sanctions lifted in the next few months fails? Does that mean war? Do you see a larger strategy emerging? Do you think North Korea has a Plan B?

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > What if North Korea's attempt to have sanctions lifted in the next
> few months fails? Does that mean war? Do you see a larger strategy
> emerging? Do you think North Korea has a Plan B?
I don't think the North Koreans have any further plans except to build
a large arsenal of nuclear missiles aimed at the United States.

Post by Guest »

It sounds like the North has dropped the mask of denuclearization. What now?

I think Trump should just shrug it off and keep the sanctions on them. If the South Korean liberal loons want to bankroll the North economy, let them bankrupt themselves doing it. Meanwhile, redeploy military units for the coming war with China. Sounds to me like China is moving up the schedule.