24-Dec-18 World View -- Generational Dynamics analysis of the troop withdrawal from Syria

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: 24-Dec-18 World View -- Generational Dynamics analysis of the troop withdrawal from Syria

Post by Tom Mazanec »

I note that John has not posted since I called the cops, whereas he usually posts several times a day. Maybe he flunked a welfare check?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Re: 24-Dec-18 World View -- Generational Dynamics analysis of the troop withdrawal from Syria

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Just called the Cambridge Police and they said that they contacted him and he said he was alright, so they left.
I wonder if he fooled them, and then killed himself when they went away?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Tom Mazanec wrote:Just called the Cambridge Police and they said that they contacted him and he said he was alright, so they left.
I wonder if he fooled them, and then killed himself when they went away?
Certainly hope not. I'm still hoping he changes his mind.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:Look Tom, I'm sorry I offended you, and thank you for looking after my
"eternal soul." You're considerably younger than I am, and you're
physically capable of things that I'm not. If I were your age I would
consider the things you suggest. But at my age, there's no point and
no desire. Maybe I'll get "lucky" and develop cancer, so I can refuse
treatment, which would make things simpler. My mind is made up, and
yelling at me is not going to change it. Thank you for your concern.
I've often thought, well,.. I know actually,.. that my Mom, who died of lung cancer at 54, was quite relieved at the diagnosis and the not overly gradual "downturn" into death, because she really had been quite tired of living life for the last 20 years of her life.

And it wasn't because of my obnoxious and taxing brother,.. or me. <snicker>

If someone can't quite dredge up the wherewithal to make life worth the trouble to enjoy it, then graciously allowing the tide to engulf them is not something that I'm going to find fault with, as I (personally) believe that if done truly graciously, the slide into the next world, where there is indeed eternal life, is a worthwhile endeavor.

And it is an endeavor, if its done truly graciously. It's an active process, and requires work to achieve it's desired results.

It's the "gracious" part that is the key here. Each person on that path knows what "graciousness" means to them, and whether they're actually being gracious so as to deserve the relief they seek. And being undeserving, in our own heart of hearts, of the ultimate relief that is our birthright is the very description of "the bad place".

It's not my job to condemn anyone to anything. That's God's job,.. and I ain't into usurpin' THAT bad boy's responsibilities! So, I'm not telling ANYONE they're going hither or thither, as it ain't my problem, thank GOD!

But if the "job" of unburdening oneself of the cares of life isn't joyous, then it's not being done right, and that is a very good indicator as to whether one is on a gracious path into ultimate relief, or not.

And "joyous" doesn't mean without tears. But we all know the difference between tears of fear and apprehension, and tears of loss in love and joy.

If ya' ain't doin' it right, don't do it yet.

We're all moving toward death, and the living eternity thereafter. And we should all, at all times, be unburdening ourselves of the cares of life that make saying goodbye to this world painful, 'cause we could be forced to say goodbye in a second at any time.

When I'm floating in the sea, watching my boat sail off without me, whether having chosen to step off onto the waves far above the earth supporting them, or having been thrown closer to my final breaths by the forces of wind, wave and God,.. I want to do as little work as possible to accept my fate in humility, gratitude and humor.

And I wish that for everyone.

Post by Guest »

Well said, Fishy. I almost feel like taking back all the bad things I said about you.

I wish I could win the lottery. John is someone worth saving. I would even save you, Fishy.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:Well said, Fishy. I almost feel like taking back all the bad things I said about you.

I wish I could win the lottery. John is someone worth saving. I would even save you, Fishy.
Just buy me a shitload of epoxy (and hardener).

..and a MILLION dollars!

..for sandpaper and stuff.

John

Post by John »

Tom Mazanec wrote: > I note that John has not posted since I called the cops, whereas
> he usually posts several times a day. Maybe he flunked a welfare
> check?

You really crossed the line with that moronic stunt. I'm going to
curse you and do anything I can to make sure that your eternal soul
goes to hell.

Your moronic stunt accomplished nothing except to enormously embarrass
and humiliate me. And if you think that it will change any of my
plans, except perhaps to speed them up, then you are truly the
stupidest of idiots.

Go to hell. Literally.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Thank God and John that John is still alive.
And I thought the cops would help you.
But as for "minding my own business":

"But you were always a good man of business,
Jacob," faltered Scrooge, who now began to apply this
to himself.

"Business!" cried the Ghost, wringing its hands
again. "Mankind was my business. The common
welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance,
and benevolence, were, all, my business. The dealings
of my trade were but a drop of water in the
comprehensive ocean of my business!"

And as to the morality of suicide:
From the Catholic Encyclopedia:

Positive and direct suicide perpetrated without God's consent always constitutes a grave injustice towards Him. To destroy a thing is to dispose of it as an absolute master and to act as one having full and independent dominion over it; but man does not possess this full and independent dominion over his life, since to be an owner one must be superior to his property. God has reserved to himself direct dominion over life; He is the owner of its substance and He has given man only the serviceable dominion, the right of use, with the charge of protecting and preserving the substance, that is, life itself. Consequently suicide is an attempt against the dominion and right of ownership of the Creator. To this injustice is added a serious offence against the charity which man owes to himself, since by his act he deprives himself of the greatest good in his possession and the possibility of attaining his final end. Moreover, the sin may be aggravated by circumstances, such as failure in conjugal, paternal, or filial piety, failure in justice or charity, if by taking his life one eludes existing obligations of justice or acts of charity, which he could and should perform. That suicide is unlawful is the teaching of Holy Scripture and of the Church, which condemns the act as a most atrocious crime and, in hatred of the sin and to arouse the horror of its children, denies the suicide Christian burial. Moreover, suicide is directly opposed to the most powerful and invincible tendency of every creature and especially of man, the preservation of life. Finally, for a sane man deliberately to take his own life, he must, as a general rule, first have annihilated in himself all that he possessed of spiritual life, since suicide is in absolute contradiction to everything that the Christian religion teaches us as to the end and object of life and, except in cases of insanity, is usually the natural termination of a life of disorder, weakness, and cowardice.
Last edited by Tom Mazanec on Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

"Work like you will live forever, pray as if you will die tonight." I have done all the work I can for you. Now I will pray for you.