Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FishbellykanakaDude

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Millenial83 wrote:... Easy, in this scenerio there will be mass desertions from the military to fight with the Red Rebel side, since a large portion of the military is drawn from those places and people.
Well, "desertion" implies a smaller force leaving a larger force.

Why would the smaller force win?

I'm not being "difficult". I'm trying to get you to think about how your scenario would actually (or at least hypothetically) work in 4D (through time).

To be anywhere NEAR persuasive, you need to make the "mechanism" work from the initial conditions (aka NOW) to your "desired" outcome.

Keep goin' buckeroo! :)

Post by Guest »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
Millenial83 wrote:... Easy, in this scenerio there will be mass desertions from the military to fight with the Red Rebel side, since a large portion of the military is drawn from those places and people.

I'm not being "difficult". I'm trying to get you to think about how your scenario would actually (or at least hypothetically) work in 4D (through time).

To be anywhere NEAR persuasive, you need to make the "mechanism" work from the initial conditions (aka NOW) to your "desired" outcome.

I lived through the breakup of Yugoslavia. In 1990, no one believed it would happen. By 1991, people couldn't believe Yugoslavia had lasted as long as it did. The JNA broke apart. Mass desertions happened. MiG pilots fled in their aircraft. Soldiers were murdered by their former comrades in the barracks. Those men never thought their comrades would turn on them. They did.

Just because you don't believe civil war is possible doesn't mean it won't happen. I knew people like you who were caught off guard and murdered because they didn't think civil war could happen.

You seem to enjoy the playing the fool. But it fools like you that end up being butchered alive like farm animals.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > John, what font and font size did you use in your book? The book
> is 6X9. right?
The book size is 6x9. Most of the text is Book Antiqua 10.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Guest wrote: > John, what font and font size did you use in your book? The book
> is 6X9. right?
The book size is 6x9. Most of the text is Book Antiqua 10.
Thank you.

I hope you decide to stick around,John. You are valued. I have purchased your books.

If my book is successful, I'll help you. I really will.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Millenial83 wrote:Spontaneous "Send Her Back" chant directed at Rep. Omar breaks out at Trump Rally tonight. But please tell me more John about how it's going to be a war with China instead of Civil/Race War in America.
Omar is not particularly loved even in her own district (which, shamefully, is mine.) It's D+26 and a three week old dead dog could get elected if you painted a "D" on it's back. She only got the nomination due to the work of intersectional activists: shes a three-fer; female, black, Muslim.

No one is going to war over Omar.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > I hope you decide to stick around,John. You are valued. I have
> purchased your books.

> If my book is successful, I'll help you. I really will.
Suggestion: Include plenty of sex scenes.

mps92

Post by mps92 »

John, I hope you stay around too.

You should at least try to stick around for the result of the 2020 election, to see if we get 4 more years of Trump.

Additionally, if the US and China really are going to war soon, why not stick around just to see how it plays out?

John

Post by John »

** 18-Jul-2019 Greek Tragedy
mps92 wrote: > John, I hope you stay around too.

> You should at least try to stick around for the result of the 2020
> election, to see if we get 4 more years of Trump.

> Additionally, if the US and China really are going to war soon,
> why not stick around just to see how it plays out?
The timing is not my choice.

I have a view of life that's extremely fatalistic. My mother always
said that she was very fatalistic, and apparently I inherited that
gene. Generational Dynamics is about things that are going to happen,
irrespective of what anyone does. In Greek tragedy, the final tragic
end is determined by the nature of the individuals involved, and the
tragic ending cannot be prevented, even if the people involved foresee
it. That's how life is.

Millenial83

Post by Millenial83 »

Guest wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:

I lived through the breakup of Yugoslavia. In 1990, no one believed it would happen. By 1991, people couldn't believe Yugoslavia had lasted as long as it did. The JNA broke apart. Mass desertions happened. MiG pilots fled in their aircraft. Soldiers were murdered by their former comrades in the barracks. Those men never thought their comrades would turn on them. They did.

Just because you don't believe civil war is possible doesn't mean it won't happen. I knew people like you who were caught off guard and murdered because they didn't think civil war could happen.

You seem to enjoy the playing the fool. But it fools like you that end up being butchered alive like farm animals.
What he doesn't understand, is that I foresee an over 50% desertion rate of the actual fighting forces (minorities in the military tend to be in support roles). In addition, it does take huge desertions for the modern military with its heavy and complex weapons system to have a logistical nightmare. Add in the massive amount of private arms in the US, and the Red Rebel side is actually the larger force.

As for John, I see his blind spot now. John does not see that a racial fault line DID open in the US in the 1960s. It's been under the surface in GOP politics for decades, The Southern Strategy, the fight over busing (which is now being relitigated), Reagans welfare queens, Willie Brown, all the way to MAGA.

dinosaur

Post by dinosaur »

I just finished reading 'MUNICH 1938 - Appeasement and WWII', where I can't help but draw the conclusion that the world (with some nations more than others) really is in an appeasement mode towards Xi Jinping just as Nevil Chamberlain was with Hitler. However the similarities between Nazi Germany and China didn't just end with both country's rapid militarization, fore both claimed that they needed Lebensraum or "Living space", with German claiming most of eastern Europe, while today China claims the western provinces of Tibet, Kashmir and Arunachal Pradesh ... and of course its so called, ancestral "Blue land" of the South China Sea.

However, what was disturbing to me from this book, was the way how Hitler saw generational forces playing out in Germany that really encouraged him to decide for war against Austria and Czechoslovakia even as early as 1937, with an ageing army and political elite being of particular concern. Plus too was Hitler's worry that the longer he waited, the more time he gave to England and France catch up militarily, thus negating the technical advantages Germany's industrial military complexes had developed.

In China's case, could it be that it has the same generational pressures? Armies, like any human capital, age or at the very least become stale from being overly trained or left in the sun. And in my mind, solders held on a high level of readiness too long, have to be stood down or fired ... like a weird "use them or looses them" thing. Could Xi Jinping be thinking that the longer he waits, his chances of a successful short war war (with whoever) get less with every pass year? I don't know.

But as the we watches China, it seems that still far to many people are hoping it will do the right thing and act responsibly in the world community, yet prayers and well-wishes were not enough in the past to stop WW2 and its a sad thing to say ... but I feel history is going to repeat its self once again, to bring pain and suffering.