Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
kjhjhf

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by kjhjhf »

If you want to see America's future, look at Brazil or Venezuela, & don't think it's not happening already...

Drug dealing gangs are freaking everywhere, cops just don't have the balls to do their job, & so they pester the working class by writing tickets & locking up people for petty laws.

St Louis, Baltimore, Kansas City, Houston, Atlanta, Miami, Oakland, & many other cities are prime examples of just how bad it's getting.

Obesity is very unbalancing/disorienting - being hungry and standing in line in the cold at soup kitchens is the perfect corrective for it.

mps92

Post by mps92 »

Referencing the new poll that came out stating that Millennials don't want to have kids: it's true.

At university, NO ONE here is interested in having kids. Most of the professors are married, but without children - and if they do have children, they have no more than 2.

Someday, I want to have as many children as possible (that I could financially support), 3 at least. But here in the sciences, the vast majority of my friends, male or female, say they're not interested in ever having kids. And if they are, then 2 kids is the upper limit. Many of these people are extremely intelligent and will become MDs or PhDs.

Of course, pretty much everyone changes their mind about this. By the time people are 45 or 50, the people who had kids are glad they did and the people who didn't regret it. Not wanting to have kids may simply be an inevitable characteristic of any young generation, but they change their minds as they get older.

Everyone eventually realizes that they should try (or should've tried) to have children, but more and more people are realizing it too late after their biological clock has run out. This is not just the case for women, but also for men - as we get older, sperm quality and ability to fertilize greatly diminish. This is why America's fertility rate is so low, and now well below replacement level.

Many of the old fiscal conservatives (my Dad included) have a reductionist mindset and tie fertility rate to tax burden: the reason why my generation isn't having kids is because we're overtaxed. This is certainly a contributing factor but it has more to do with culture than anything else. After all, I thought South Korea had very low taxes but the fertility rate is around 1.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Sorry Boomers but peak petty crime is a 2T/3T development. In America's case crime per capita peaked around 1990 and has been in decline ever since. The 3T has long been over. The 90s Pax Americana is long over, sad given that millennials enjoyed those years of peace up to 9/10/2001. In the real world, The US has been at war since 9/11/2001. Not only that there was a fairly obvious turning shift around 1998 to 2001. First the rash school shootings that culminated in columbine, after which police and security reforms were implemented. The rise of terrorism that could no longer be covered up after Bin laden's war declaration in 1998 and the two embassy bombings later that year. The Rise of A more Assertive Russia and China and the Kosovo war all in 1999. The 2000 nasdaq crash before which we had a genuine boom like the 1920s did. Finally The 9/11 attacks, the start of the war on terror and the end of "vietnam syndrome".

John

Post by John »

** 27-Aug-2019 World View: The Greatest Generation

If America suffered a major military defeat abroad, such
as the sinking of an aircraft carrier, or if someone launched
a missile attack on American soil, these would be examples
of events that cause a "Regeneracy," referring to the
regeneracy of civic unity for the first time since the
end of WW II, and support of the President.

So those who say that America is having a "social meltdown"
of some sort don't understand what's happening. The young
people today will be the new "Greatest Generation."

Here are a few paragraphs from my book:
"America in the 1930s was just as politically divided
as it is today. There was still a north-south divide left over
from the Civil War. There were endless violent left-wing riots by
the unions and the communists. It was the middle of the Great
Depression, and people were living under bridges. And, most
important, FDR was even more divisive than Trump is today. FDR
actually tried a semi-coup by packing the Supreme Court, which
would have given him control of two branches of government if he
had succeeded.

But despite the divisiveness of FDR, the country was quickly
united behind FDR, first by the attack on Pearl Harbor, and then
by the Bataan Death march. In generational theory, this is the
"Regeneracy," which refers to the regeneration of civic unity for
the first time since the end of the previous crisis war.

So, exactly the same thing will happen today. If there's an
attack on American soil, or a major military defeat overseas, then
Americans will put aside their political differences and unite
behind Trump (or the next president) overnight.

I used to say stuff like this during Obama's presidency, saying
that the country would be instantly united behind Obama. I
remember the fury I heard from the conservatives at this
suggestion, with one person saying that if he were "behind Obama,"
then he would shoot. Nonetheless, a Regeneracy event like Pearl
Harbor or the Bataan Death March would immediately unify the
country behind Trump, or whoever is president.

Some people claim that today's younger generations hate America so
much that they would never be willing to fight for America in a
war. That may have been the case during the Vietnam war in the
1960s Awakening era, when young people's hostility was actually
directed at their parents, as described by the commonly used
phrase "generation gap." But today's kids, most of whom are so
poorly educated that they'd have difficulty picking out China on a
map, do not hate America but are simply confused.

Once again, this is no different than the way young people felt in
the 1930s. But once the Regeneracy events occurred, they turned
into "The Greatest Generation" and rushed out, without
complaining, to fight against the Nazis and Imperial Japanese.

So those who are afraid that young people today will refuse to
fight for their country should understand that, quite the
opposite, today's young people will be "The New Greatest
Generation.""

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Sorry Boomers, but popular unwillingness to use military force peaked in the 1990s. Boomers have selective amnesia about what the rules of engagement were before 9/11 (when we actually were at peace): We couldn't use ground troops, ever; and even air forces couldn't be used in most situations, Clinton needed to twist many arms to get the government to approve the use of the air force for Kosovo. All that changed on 9/11, no matter how hard subsequent attempts by government to sweep things under the rug afterwards; "Vietnam syndrome" died that day.

Regarding societal crime trends, most of the crime we have nowadays is committed by illegals and other Hispanic immigrants, NOT by Americans.

mps92

Post by mps92 »

John,

What Trump's doing with China might set them back a bit. Obviously we can't predict when war occurs between the US and China... who knows, it might not be for another 10 years before they finally invade HK and Taiwan.

What if the US has a civil conflict before China decides to invade HK and Taiwan? War with China might be the only thing that could hold this country together. In the absence of a major conflict, I think this country faces partition.

I agree with your point that the US would unite under Trump (for the most part) if China invaded someone. But I also think that a civil conflict in the US could happen first, especially if Trump gets reelected or if Warren gets elected.

John

Post by John »

** 27-Aug-2019 American Civil War
mps92 wrote: > John, What Trump's doing with China might set them back a
> bit. Obviously we can't predict when war occurs between the US and
> China... who knows, it might not be for another 10 years before
> they finally invade HK and Taiwan.

> What if the US has a civil conflict before China decides to invade
> HK and Taiwan? War with China might be the only thing that could
> hold this country together. In the absence of a major conflict, I
> think this country faces partition.

> I agree with your point that the US would unite under Trump (for
> the most part) if China invaded someone. But I also think that a
> civil conflict in the US could happen first, especially if Trump
> gets reelected or if Warren gets elected.
I've answered this question about an American civil war
many, many, many times over the last 15 years.

Here's what I wrote three weeks ago:

http://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 147#p47147

There are ZERO chances of an American civil war.

Post by Guest »

mps92 wrote:Referencing the new poll that came out stating that Millennials don't want to have kids: it's true.

At university, NO ONE here is interested in having kids. Most of the professors are married, but without children - and if they do have children, they have no more than 2.

Someday, I want to have as many children as possible (that I could financially support), 3 at least. But here in the sciences, the vast majority of my friends, male or female, say they're not interested in ever having kids. And if they are, then 2 kids is the upper limit. Many of these people are extremely intelligent and will become MDs or PhDs.

Of course, pretty much everyone changes their mind about this. By the time people are 45 or 50, the people who had kids are glad they did and the people who didn't regret it. Not wanting to have kids may simply be an inevitable characteristic of any young generation, but they change their minds as they get older.

Everyone eventually realizes that they should try (or should've tried) to have children, but more and more people are realizing it too late after their biological clock has run out. This is not just the case for women, but also for men - as we get older, sperm quality and ability to fertilize greatly diminish. This is why America's fertility rate is so low, and now well below replacement level.

Many of the old fiscal conservatives (my Dad included) have a reductionist mindset and tie fertility rate to tax burden: the reason why my generation isn't having kids is because we're overtaxed. This is certainly a contributing factor but it has more to do with culture than anything else. After all, I thought South Korea had very low taxes but the fertility rate is around 1.
Gender relations are screwed up in the West.
The old societal model was: A young woman would trade her youth and fertility exclusively to only one man, and he in turn would be the workhorse and take care of her when she gets past her prime. This was great incentive for men to work and "become men," you got a great prize, a young beautiful loyal wife. In theory, as we know life isn't perfect. She does him a favor early on, by being a virgin/exclusive, and later on, he does her a favor, by staying and supporting her instead of leaving her for a younger woman.

The new societal model is this: women whore around and waste their youth and fertility on Chad/Tyrone, get walled out, get STDs, lose their ability to pair bond, and rapidly accelerate their aging process with excessive alcohol and fast food, and have no loyalty to any man. What good man wants to pay an arm and a leg for something 30 other men got for free? The incentive for men is gone. You don't get a prize anymore. You're expected to pay a premium price for a used up, beaten up, soulless woman from the bargain bin (who has kids from Chad/Tyrone as well of course.) And you're supposed to be happy about this opportunity to lick up the scraps from the floor.

Men are waking up and realizing this system is fucked. Women's sexual liberation, feminism and the female birth control pill, has ironically dis-empowered women. They are throwaway sexual objects now more than ever.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

John wrote:** 27-Aug-2019 American Civil War
mps92 wrote: > John, What Trump's doing with China might set them back a
> bit. Obviously we can't predict when war occurs between the US and
> China... who knows, it might not be for another 10 years before
> they finally invade HK and Taiwan.

> What if the US has a civil conflict before China decides to invade
> HK and Taiwan? War with China might be the only thing that could
> hold this country together. In the absence of a major conflict, I
> think this country faces partition.

> I agree with your point that the US would unite under Trump (for
> the most part) if China invaded someone. But I also think that a
> civil conflict in the US could happen first, especially if Trump
> gets reelected or if Warren gets elected.
I've answered this question about an American civil war
many, many, many times over the last 15 years.

Here's what I wrote three weeks ago:

http://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 147#p47147

There are ZERO chances of an American civil war.
OK then, you stated your conception regarding US stability. Regarding an international ww3. Would would happen IF the war begins someplace unexpected. Example if world War III begins but it begins in some place like kashmir, eastern europe/balkans or in central Asia? What would happen then?

mps92

Post by mps92 »

That was about the possibility of a race war. That will never happen. There are too many Trump supporters that are nonwhite (including me).

I doubt a civil war would happen, but I think this country could still be headed towards partition. Perhaps this country splits into two states. Democrats get to kill babies, have universal basic income, and institute the Green New Deal in their own country. Republicans get to take control of the education and media in their country.

I wouldn't be opposed to partition at all. It's one of two options that the right has to win the culture war; the other is war with China (because wars turn people conservative). Everyone at university wants the Green New Deal, they want to impeach Trump, and they hate Israel. Even if we had to split up this great country, I think it'd be worth it to get away from these idiots.