Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FishbellykanakaDude

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:29-Jan-20 World View -- Trump announces fantasy 'Peace to Prosperity' Mideast peace plan

The Mideast peace process fantasy...
Yet another distracting bone thrown to the idiots who DEMAND "progress", even when so-called progress is necessarily negative.

..some folks just don't ken that ya' don't thrash about when yer sinking in quicksand.

That's why "progressives" are such AMUSING people! :)

mps92

Post by mps92 »

Hello John, hope you are doing well. I'm still studying for the MCAT, and I'm taking it March 14. There are a lot of Chinese students here at Pitt, which concerns me. I haven't seen any of them coughing yet, but we'll see.

I don't believe that an Israel-Palestine peace deal is as improbable as you make it seem. The Sunnis of the Middle East have replaced Israel with Iran as the greatest threat of the region, as evidenced by increasingly strong relations between Israel and countries such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and the other oil states. I expect these countries to exert greater influence in Palestine to suppress Iran's influence, and possibly encourage Palestine to take the deal.

The world establishment media is ridiculous. Their expectations for Israel are completely unreasonable. Here are the facts:

Both Palestine and Israel have legitimate claims to the West Bank. Perhaps you could argue that Palestine has a MORE valid claim, but giving Palestine the entire West Bank would be unfair to Israel.

The 1993 agreement between Israel and the Palestinians did not address the issue of Israeli settlements, instead reserving this issue for future negotiation. These negotiations have not occurred, so the status quo of slow Israeli settlement has been maintained since then. Additionally, it is the Palestinians who refuse to negotiate with Israel - not the other way around. Since 1993, Israel has always had the position of being open to negotiation without preconditions.

It is unreasonable to expect Israel to dismantle West Bank settlements that have tens of thousands of people. Would you expect any other country to do so?

There is no easy way to divide Jerusalem geographically. When the city was divided, its Muslim-controlled areas routinely prevented Christians and Jews from entering.

The idea of the "right of return" for Palestinian refugees is BS. These people left Israel voluntarily many years ago, and Israel has no obligation to take them back. There has been no other time in history when a nation was expected to involuntarily take back people that had voluntarily left the nation decades ago. If Israel received several million refugees, these people would immediately vote for the Joint List of Arab parties, which have every right to sit in the Knesset even though they do not believe that Israel has the right to exist. Israel has no obligation to take back people that will vote for its dissolution.

Both Netanyahu and his rival Benny Gantz have agreed to support the deal. Despite what the American media would make you believe, their primary disagreements are domestic issues, not foreign policy. This deal would be supported by nearly the entire Jewish population, not just the far-right.

Although some anti-Muslim sentiment still exists in Israel, Muslims have equal rights and have the right to work any profession. Actually, you could argue that Muslims have more rights than Jews, since Muslims are exempt from otherwise mandatory military service. Israel has its own version of the US 1964 Civil Rights Act, which prohibits private businesses from discriminating based on race, religion, etc.

On the other hand, Palestine is run by terrorists that are funded by a variety of foreign anti-Israel governments. It has provided its people with no jobs and nothing to do except riling them up against Israel. Both major parties believe that Israel has no right to exist, and blast anti-Semitic propaganda 24/7 on the local news there. Polls done by Pew Research have indicated that the Palestinian Territories is the most extremist Muslim country in the world, with between 95-99% supporting things such as sharia law, death for homosexuality, stoning for adultery, and violence against foreign civilians.

Great! This has given me an opportunity to organize my views on Israel/Palestine. I'll need them ready when someone brings this up in conversation. Most people here hate Israel. Even secular Jews believe that Israel is some imperialist ethnostate. Quite sad, really.

John

Post by John »

** 29-Jan-2020 World View: Peace with the children of Palestinian
mps92 wrote: > I don't believe that an Israel-Palestine peace deal is as
> improbable as you make it seem. The Sunnis of the Middle East have
> replaced Israel with Iran as the greatest threat of the region, as
> evidenced by increasingly strong relations between Israel and
> countries such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and the other oil
> states. I expect these countries to exert greater influence in
> Palestine to suppress Iran's influence, and possibly encourage
> Palestine to take the deal.
You're overlooking the generational issues. Whether the peace deal
can succeed or fail has nothing to do with the details of the
agreement. It will fail because the Oslo Generation of Palestinians
will reject it, no matter what the details are.

I've edited one of the paragraphs in my article to make it clear
just how young the Palestinians are:
> According to the CIA World Factbook, the average age
> of the population in Gaza is 18, and in the West Bank is 21. (In
> America it's 38, in Germany 46, in Japan 47.) Most of the
> population in the Palestinian territories are children -- often
> children with guns. They call themselves the "Oslo Generation,"
> because they were born after the 1993 Oslo peace accords that were
> supposed to bring peace to the Mideast, but have accomplished
> nothing.
I added the median ages for America, Germany and Japan to emphasize
the fact that there's no chance at all of a peace agreement, even if
the ancient geezer leaders agree to it.

Post by Guest »

The proposed agreement is also unjust. It's ridiculous. Why should the Palestinians accept it? I know I wouldn't. Besides, time is not on Israel's side.

The world had changed. I'm a white Christian, and where ever I, the general public is hostile to Israel. In the 90s it was a quiet disdain. Now people are vocally and openly hostile to Israelis. It's that simple. I'm apolitical. I'm not friends with anyone from either side, but I do see what is going on, and the Israelis are in real trouble. Europe is rapidly becoming off limits to Jews.

To be honest, I think the Israelis have made own beds on this one. I avoid Arabs and Jews in my daily life. At the very least, I keep a healthy distance from both. I have found both groups to be nothing but trouble.

When I look the 'great deals' being offered to the Palestinians by the Israeli Jews, I have to laugh.

FishbellykanakaDude

Guest wrote:The proposed agreement is also unjust. It's ridiculous. Why should the Palestinians accept it? I know I wouldn't. Besides, time is not on Israel's side.

The world had changed. I'm a white Christian, and where ever I, the general public is hostile to Israel. In the 90s it was a quiet disdain. Now people are vocally and openly hostile to Israelis. It's that simple. I'm apolitical. I'm not friends with anyone from either side, but I do see what is going on, and the Israelis are in real trouble. Europe is rapidly becoming off limits to Jews.

To be honest, I think the Israelis have made own beds on this one. I avoid Arabs and Jews in my daily life. At the very least, I keep a healthy distance from both. I have found both groups to be nothing but trouble.

When I look the 'great deals' being offered to the Palestinians by the Israeli Jews, I have to laugh.
"Avoider of Semites"

..what does that sound like to you non-Guests-who-wrote-the-above-quoted-text out there? :)

FishbellykanakaDude

Doctor's Evil....!!?

..do they have fluffy white pussies hidden in their "Secret Lairs"? Do they.....?

Post by Guest »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: To be honest, I think the Israelis have made own beds on this one. I avoid Arabs and Jews in my daily life. At the very least, I keep a healthy distance from both. I have found both groups to be nothing but trouble.

"Avoider of Semites"

..what does that sound like to you non-Guests-who-wrote-the-above-quoted-text out there? :)[/quote]

Okay, SJW. You've been triggered. I get it.

I think the poster is saying he/ she/ or Trans 'X' doesn't like either group. Sounds like someone is being honest for change . Jews and Arabs hate other each other and a lot of others as well. The most hateful people I've ever encountered are Jews. Neither group is special. Until they plant the chip in your brain to control you, you are still free to hate anyone you want. In America, hate speech is protected speech. I'm glad some people are still able to exercise that right. I really am.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

My late friend Ed Langley was a systems analyst for a bank chain that had its headquarters in the WTC on 9-11. He had 20 hour shifts after the planes and died of a heart attack. I consider him an unsung victim of 9-11.
He told me of a brilliant acquaintance, a Palestinian, who was perfectly rational on any and all subjects except Jews, where his attitude was "Kill all the Jews."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:My late friend Ed Langley was a systems analyst for a bank chain that had its headquarters in the WTC on 9-11. He had 20 hour shifts after the planes and died of a heart attack. I consider him an unsung victim of 9-11.
He told me of a brilliant acquaintance, a Palestinian, who was perfectly rational on any and all subjects except Jews, where his attitude was "Kill all the Jews."
And Jews can have liberal attitudes about blacks, immigration, gun control, etc. but mention Palestinians and the Jews will tell you that no such people exist and should be 'ethnically cleansed' from Israel.

The Jews and Arabs are a lot alike. In all the wrong ways.

I think avoiding both is a good idea.

FishbellykanakaDude

Guest wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:

"Avoider of Semites"

..what does that sound like to you non-Guests-who-wrote-the-above-quoted-text out there? :)
Okay, SJW. You've been triggered. I get it.

I think the poster is saying he/ she/ or Trans 'X' doesn't like either group. Sounds like someone is being honest for change . Jews and Arabs hate other each other and a lot of others as well. The most hateful people I've ever encountered are Jews. Neither group is special. Until they plant the chip in your brain to control you, you are still free to hate anyone you want. In America, hate speech is protected speech. I'm glad some people are still able to exercise that right. I really am.
(( You're quite welcome for my correction of your "quoting" formatting. ))

I simply asked a question. :)

Thanks for the "triggered" emotional response that I would expect from the racist and SJW (you ARE a warrior for your version of social justice) you seem to relish being. <chuckle!>

Now, it COULD be that THIS "Guest" isn't the same person as the "other Guest" that I was responding to.

In which case, congratulations for being BOTH racists and cowards simultaneously!

Well done...!! <chuckle, chuckle, chuckle, chuckle...>
Last edited by FishbellykanakaDude on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.