Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
utahbob

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by utahbob »

What about bleach? A friend giving swimming pool "shock" and some gell (I am not sure what it will be) a try. Will come back with more.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Question of the Day:

Do you need to use...

..more toilet paper...

..than you can...

..steal without getting caught?

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Tim wrote:
Anyone think the virus was leaked on purpose by China?

Oh look, the Chinese had a lethal virus leak out of their Level 4 bio lab in Wuhan. Stupid Chinese can't do anything right!

Making it look like an accidental leak in China while knowing it would get to the United States is the perfect first shot in a war.

China being a communist totalitarian country, knew it could contain the virus easy and the United States could not. If I was China I would wait until the virus has spread and taken hold all over in the United States to the point where it is in Italy right now then launch the surprise attack.

If the outbreak was a panic in China why was the PLA not deployed everywhere?
I don't believe the virus was leaked on purpose.

I have worked in Government for decades. People think that governments excel at conspiracy. They don't. What governments and bureaucracies excel at is INCOMPETENCE.

This whole thing was created by a bunch of arrogant incompetents that were fooling around with known bad viruses and DNA. One of them failed at containment protocols (if there even were any), and went to the Wuhan food market on the way home.

No way would any government release something like this on purpose, especially in their own country.

Of course, what we saw from the initial reactions in China was what could be expected from a bureaucratic government, INCOMPETENCE.

FishbellykanakaDude

Guest wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
Trevor wrote:
  • Ingredients
  • 3 TB 190 proof alcohol or at least 120 proof or rubbing alcohol or witch hazel (the original recipe called for witch hazel, however, alcohol is considered the best)
  • 1 TB aloe vera (this is to prevent hands from drying out from the alcohol)
  • 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin or vitamin E oil
  • 20 drops tea tree essential oil
  • 10 drops lavender essential oil
Not only did stores run out of hand sanitizer, they've run out of all of the ingredients that are used to make homemade hand sanitizer.
OK,.. all you REALLY need is the witch hazel/alcohol and the aloe vera gel.

Check Amazon (and here). Have it delivered. We got ours at Safeway, but not everywhere has decent local shops with large inventories.

..and if hand sanitizer is that much of a problem, hand sanitizer is probably not the most important thing on your supply list.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

While everyone is literally freaking out and panicking, I need to point out that this is NOT the end of the world. Not even close. At the most, maybe 5% of the population dies, and those are people that were pretty near death in the first place. People over 80 and people with compromised lungs and immune systems.

This is just the first shock. And it probably is the "Black Swan" event that puts everything into motion.

We have known for DECADES that the world financial system is a sham, a literal "House of Cards". And this will probably bring it near to its collapse.

The world has been fortunate for quite some time that the Central Banks have been able to get the markets to continue to move along on ever upward trends, and no one has really panicked before. But panic is now real.

Soon governments will begin to deploy other measures to keep the financial system from imploding. At first you may see things like "you won't need to make mortgage payments" (but you WILL for sure be accruing extra interest for not doing so). Then changes will start happening like what happened to the poor students years ago. You will soon find you won't be able to discharge debt through bankruptcy. This is because doing so would mean that the banks, the financial system, would then have to take the hit. No, instead you will carry the burden, for life, and maybe on to your heirs.

Far worse than being infected with a virus you will probably beat will be finding yourself in permanent debt.

For as the financial crisis worsens, pay and payments will be cut. During the Great Depression, for example, military pensions were cut in HALF.

But what you owe will not be reduced. And most people will find themselves in the same situation as someone with huge student loans they used to get a graduate degree in Literature. Deeply in debt, unable to ever pay it off or get it discharged. A debt slave forever.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:So what do we do with all the people who have filled up the hospitals everyday before Covid-19? These are the people who have strokes, heart attacks, moms having babies, got burned in a fire, shot, stabbed, in a car wreck or other accident, cancer patients, the people who got the regular flu and are currently on ventilators, etc. etc. etc. Don't forget, these people will also die if they don't get hospitalized. Multiply your death numbers.
In Italy they let a lot of people die that normally would have survived. Doctors talk about this openly. Google...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:So what do we do with all the people who have filled up the hospitals everyday before Covid-19? These are the people who have strokes, heart attacks, moms having babies, got burned in a fire, shot, stabbed, in a car wreck or other accident, cancer patients, the people who got the regular flu and are currently on ventilators, etc. etc. etc. Don't forget, these people will also die if they don't get hospitalized. Multiply your death numbers.
In Italy they let a lot of people die that normally would have survived. Doctors talk about this openly. Google...
You can survive without toilet paper. Soap is cheap...

John

Post by John »

** 15-Mar-2020 World View: The Real Economy

In analyzing how the crisis will unfold in the next few months, there
are three related issues that everyone is conflating, but which are
really quite separate:
  • The spread of the virus
  • The stock market
  • The real economy
What I'm particularly interested in is the real economy. The spread
of the virus is a potential disaster, and the stock market is a
potential disaster, but I believe that, although it will be hurt, the
real economy will do better than many people expect.

To show what I mean, here's what happened between 1929-33:
  • the stock market fell 90%
  • but the GNP (gross national product) fell only 35%.
The GNP represents what I'm calling the "real economy." These are
ordinary businesses, often private businesses completely unaffected by
the stock market, that are scrambling to do everything possible to
stay in business.

If a restaurant or bar wants to stay open, then the owner will
separate the tables and place screens between them to create
compartments, and then sanitize each compartment after the people
leave.

If a factory wants to stay open, and it depends on supply chains
originating from one country whose factories can't supply them, then
the owner will look for new suppliers in other countries.

Here are some examples of businesses that are likely to do well in the
next few months:
  • Suppliers of bathroom and medical supplies.
  • Beds, furniture, and various "self-isolation" products
  • Online education services
  • Telemedicine / telehealth services
  • Online entertainment and gaming
  • Electric scooter rentals (so you won't have to take the bus)
  • Adaptive clothing of all kinds (protection from virus)
  • Air filtration systems (for boats and planes)
Even in the worst case scenario, we can imagine a world that's as busy
and bustling as it was until recently, but now people are protected by
special clothing or compartmentalization or special safe modes of
transportation. These are all technically within reach -- and in fact
are really quite simple to implement -- but they just haven't been
necessary until now.

I believe that the real economy is going to do a lot better than most
people think, and possibly a lot better than the stock market, as it
did during the Great Depression.

So does anyone have any thoughts about businesses that will do well,
and possible surprises, during the next few months?

FishbellykanakaDude

John wrote:... So does anyone have any thoughts about businesses that will do well,
and possible surprises, during the next few months?
  • Food/Supplies delivery
  • Restaurant-food delivery
  • Personal "shoppers"
  • "Sanitary" personal transport ("taxis")
  • Streaming services (of every and any "digital" product)
  • Thermometer makers/sellers
  • Ventilator makers/sellers
  • "Youth" bars/pubs (quite probably covert ones)
  • "Youth" orgy-parlors (!?)
  • "Very Immersive" Teledildonics (which is NOT a new thing, as I had guest lecturers on the subject in 1993 in "Computerized Multimedia Programming, Design and Hardware" courses in college.)
  • Anti-"Boomer Remover" vigilante squads (roving bands of very healthy "older-ish" Youth-Bashers who break up concentrations of millenials (and other shit-head adolescents) with clubs and "other things" (mace, et al)
  • "The Homeless" resources suppliers
  • "The Homeless" quarantine ("dispersed/dilute concentration" camps [!?]) enabling material suppliers
  • Arms and Ammo makers and sellers
  • The Comedy Industry™
  • Children's Electronic Socializing Enabling companies (Multiplayer real-time components, such as gaming headsets, VR and AR, "virtual playdate" stuff, etc)
  • All things "SURVEILLANCE" oriented
  • The Lung Health Support Industry™
  • The "Oldster Safe Resort/Permanent Residence" Industry
  • The Public Surface Cleaning Industry
  • The "Instant Personal WuHuLert™" device industry, which continuously tests "the air" (and breath) for WuHu and it's variants and sounds an immediate alarm when triggered

Post by Guest »

'Kiss me I'm from Wuhan' t-shirts will be big sellers too...