Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Are we entering a new dark age? Why are so many finance types pushing gold now? Wouldn't guns be a better investment?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Are we entering a new dark age? Why are so many finance types pushing gold now? Wouldn't guns be a better investment?
Don't buy a house; you will be financially raped by municipal property taxes.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Navigator wrote:John,

Just read your latest article on the main site. Very thoughtful as always. Glad you take the time to research and deeply think about an issue before writing about it.

I agree that this virus and its effects are eerily similar to the Spanish flu. I am sure I posted something to that effect a couple of weeks ago.

I believe that everyone will be exposed to the current WuHu flu, just as everyone at the time was exposed to the Spanish flu. I think that the only thing the lockdowns will do in relation to the WuHu is slow down the infection rate.

If you believe a cure or vaccine is coming, I guess you would not want to get exposed to it until after the cure or vaccine is available. However, I believe this is wishful thinking. I think we will all be exposed by then. ...
People will do what people will do. Those "in power" will do "something dramatic" because that is what the present mindset demands.

The virus will do what it will do. It is "programmed" to do that.

And ingenious people will do what they do. And we'll have to see how that will affect the global situation.

We who look at "the odds", will look at the odds, and the odds and the progression of the pandemic will show us how bad the effects will be, and we will set our expectations accordingly.

Humans are unkillable cockroaches, with fingers and BIG brains. We will survive. Economies are dependent on humans, not the other way around. If there are humans, there will be economies, and they too will do what they do, depending on the circumstances.

Economies have their own particular shapes, just as the surf does. They tend to look similar, but it's foolish to try to surf a wave that isn't there, while wishing the one that is there would "go away" or "get the treatment it needs to transform to that shape from the dead".

Be happy. Be compassionate. Be innovative. Do what needs doing.

..and shut the fuck up about things you "THINK" you know about. Or at least, couch your opinions in ways that don't cause division.

John

Post by John »

** 22-Mar-2020 Public forum
FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > ..and shut the fuck up about things you "THINK" you know about. Or
> at least, couch your opinions in ways that don't cause
> division.
What the hell is going on with you? This is a public discussion
forum. You don't determine what other people are allowed to say.
Treat other people and their opinions with respect.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:** 22-Mar-2020 Public forum
FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > ..and shut the fuck up about things you "THINK" you know about. Or
> division.
He's upset because the Peking Troll Factory has cut his daily rations from 9 noodles to 8...

FishbellykanakaDude

> division.
Yeah yeah yeah,.. I rather figured I'd get my ass kicked for that one. :)

..does seem rather appropriate, doesn't it? Duly noted. Free speech and all. Hoorah for liberty and justice and the American way! Fight on, lads,.. fight on...!

Silly me. I'm quite the one to be going on about THINKING he knows anything about anything, which I don't, although sometimes I do rather SEEM to.

..the remarkable illusions on display these days. So much SEEMING to know things. So very much...

I'll stick to complaining about complaining about things for a while. That and sea shanties... :)

FishbellykanakaDude

Guest wrote:
> division.
He's upset because the Peking Troll Factory has cut his daily rations from 9 noodles to 8...
Not true. We've been a 6 for QUITE some time, and I'm in line for the next available bok choy morsel..!!

Very exciting!

FishbellykanakaDude

Ya' wanna resume the "Stop - Start" game?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Are we entering a new dark age? Why are so many finance types pushing gold now? Wouldn't guns be a better investment?
Does anyone think this will lead to a new dark age?

Post by Guest »

Let’s get real. Do the math.

There are about 65,000,000 people in America who are over 60.

There are about 40,000,000 to 50,000,000 people in America who have underlying conditions or are immunocompromised.

Granted, some of these are intertwined, but just to put this into perspective:

A possible 115,000,000 people in America are at high risk if they contract Covid-19. That is ABOUT ONE THIRD of the population.

Good GOD y’all, enough about the economy! PROTECT THESE PEOPLE!!!