Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Xeraphim1

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Xeraphim1 »

guest wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:02 am
China now claims that Russian city of Vladivostok falls under China and was annexed by Russia. Wonder when will they claim for Covid-19.
Maybe India should try and build state of the art planes like Pakistan does? Wait India doesn't know how 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
You mean the Chinese designed and manufactured planes that Pakistan assembles? The updated MiG-21 called JF-17?

John

Post by John »

** 06-Jul-2020 World View: God Bless America - Kate Smith

Listening to Independence Day celebrations and patriotic songs this
weekend, I was reminded of Kate Smith's wonderful rendition of Irving
Berlin's God Bless America, which cheered Americans during the depths
of World War II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AOAH2lv3H0

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:09 am
Eric wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:39 am
Over the past decade or so, the trend was away from the suburbs and rural areas and into the cities. Millennials have few kids and wanted to be able to walk to their yoga classes and blogging jobs we were told

Now you will see that trend reverse. Work from home will be more broadly accepted. Personal space is more important than being able to get a soy latte 1 within a block of your apartment. Cities will become more dangerous and companies leave, police budgets get slashed and cops increasingly choose to look the other way on crime, because they don’t want to be fired and prosecuted if they have to use force.
There had been a gradual shift out of the mega-cities even before the virus. The taxes, the filth, the homeless. (And now, "defunded" police - that will be fun).

I suspect that gradual shift will be greatly amplified as more people realize they can work from wherever their home is. People are getting that there are a lot of options in America. Small and medium size towns with no shrieking protesters, or rioting or looting. Just peaceful daily life.

Will everyone leave large cities permanently? Of course not. Will a not insignificant number leave? I suspect there is a good chance.

I talk to friends all over the country. A lot of people are quietly re-examining their lives right now. Asking what is really important.

The lawlessness in New York and other large cities. That is a trend that is not likely to reverse itself any time soon.

Big cities are an adrenaline rush. But are they really worth it?
Don’t like gentrification.... okay white flight.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

The Looming Bank Collapse
The U.S. financial system could be on the cusp of calamity. This time, we might not be able to save it.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... se/612247/

Economists Think Congress Could Create An Economic Disaster This Summer
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ec ... is-summer/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Post by John »

8-Jul-20 World View -- Learning to live with Wuhan Coronavirus

The Chinese Communist Party and Wuhan Coronavirus

** 8-Jul-20 World View -- Learning to live with Wuhan Coronavirus
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e200708

Contents:
Learning to live with Wuhan Coronavirus
Should you wear a face mask?

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Wuhan Coronavirus, China,
California, Arizona, Texas, Florida,
Israel, South Africa, Africa, South America,
Dr. Anthony Fauci, face masks,
Chinese Communist Party, CCP, Japan, Taiwan,
Hong Kong, FBI, Christopher Wray

Post by Guest »

Thank you for the "God Bless America" video. My mother, long gone now, loved Kate Smith and the song. It brought tears to my eyes and heart with all the bluff and bluster in the streets of America today.

All the protesters in America should be praising this great nation. If they were in Hong Kong, they would get locked up, tortured and never heard from again, as is happening already. Of course, little attention is given to the rights we have because of the blood that was spilled for them to do what they are doing. Just a bunch of selfish brats who think they are entitled to it all to do with at will. AOC is a communist at heart who would turn the tables on them in an instant. Beware of Biden's running mate. He looks too frail to endure even a year of office. His VP will be the one who takes over, if he wins.

shoshin

Post by shoshin »

Here’s John Grey on surveillance, capitalism, the West, and China.

https://www.noemamag.com/surveillance-c ... nce-state/

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:07 am
Thank you for the "God Bless America" video. My mother, long gone now, loved Kate Smith and the song. It brought tears to my eyes and heart with all the bluff and bluster in the streets of America today.

All the protesters in America should be praising this great nation. If they were in Hong Kong, they would get locked up, tortured and never heard from again, as is happening already. Of course, little attention is given to the rights we have because of the blood that was spilled for them to do what they are doing. Just a bunch of selfish brats who think they are entitled to it all to do with at will. AOC is a communist at heart who would turn the tables on them in an instant. Beware of Biden's running mate. He looks too frail to endure even a year of office. His VP will be the one who takes over, if he wins.
Amen.

tim

Post by tim »

John wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:56 pm
8-Jul-20 World View -- Learning to live with Wuhan Coronavirus

Contents:
Learning to live with Wuhan Coronavirus
Should you wear a face mask?
John,

After doing more research about SARS-COV-2 and COVID-19 I can't help but see how the generational incompetence is built into the treatment and prevention of COVID-19.

The same way you wrote about the incompetent bankers who caused the financial bubbles and how none of them went to jail or lost their jobs are the same people in big Pharma today.

Look at the political tensions between Fauci and Trump.

I have started watching videos and reading books from virologist Judy Mikovits who seems to be the only one talking any sense regarding the coronavirus.

Start watching at 15:50:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EojxkVN ... eY_ErT-Vh0

Antiviral medications that have been in use for over 50 years and have high safety profiles are being kept from people as being labeled "dangerous and unsafe" from politicians and people with no medical background. It has become a political debate and not science based. Look at what Donald Trump's political opponents and enemies said when it was released he was taking Hydroxychloroquine as a preventative.

Look at the controversy over Hydroxychloroquine - an antiviral medication in use since 1955 that is used by people with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and malaria. Not exactly the healthiest of people have been using this medication for a long time and now all of a sudden there can be "deadly side effects".
Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.[8] In 2017, it was the 128th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.[9][10] The speculative use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID‑19 threatens its availability for people with established indications.
Treatment for COVID-19 is Ivermectin which is another common, safe, and inexpensive drug originally used for its anti-parasitic properties. It turns out it is a potent anti-viral. The problem is that it is cheap, safe, and effective. There is no money to be made from Ivermectin. Big Pharma is pushing Remdesivir which is expected to cost $3100 a person!

Ivermectin is distributed for free in Africa as it is effective against parasites that cause blindness. It is such a safe drug Africans who cannot read or write are able to administer the drug.
"Hundreds of millions of people take ivermectin every year, so it is unlikely to cause frequent, heavy side effects," Hanaki said. He will continue his research into ivermectin's effectiveness against the coronavirus under Omura's guidance.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coron ... rus-trials

https://www.trialsitenews.com/broward-c ... -approval/

https://www.newsmax.com/us/ivermectin-d ... id/968688/

https://www.trialsitenews.com/ivermecti ... er-6-days/
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

mooreupp

Post by mooreupp »

On the 3%, I think that will prove to be a underestimation. When they did random antibody tests in different places in the US and elsewhere in April and May, we were getting at least 10x as many people infected as official totals everywhere, sometimes far more. I suspect that has probably decreased some with additional testing, but is also probably far higher in areas of the world where testing is rare. The CDC did come on board with saying 10x as many (although it didn't exactly make big news). https://usa.greekreporter.com/2020/06/2 ... idis-says/

The US is a bit shy of 3 million confirmed cases. That 10x number if it holds would put us close to 30 million already infected in America which is almost a 1/10 the population. That's mostly good news as it means the mortality rate on this is also a fraction of advertised and we are further along on this than most suspect (although we will probably never actually get rid of this).

Further, there is actually a bit more good news in the numbers. We've had evidence people have cross-immunity from other diseases in this (other coronaviruses or something that helps out). I've seen suggestions from people I trust with numbers that it seems to be holding up near half the population (whether that is permanent protection or short term I do not know though). Given the R0 is estimated around a 3.0 in a completely vulnerable population, we need around 2/3 the population to be immune for herd immunity. Well if 1/2 the population already is (at least short term), then we only need around 17% of the population to get it (plus or minus depending on location) to get herd immunity.

That makes sense with other numbers we've seen. The hard hit areas seem to be topping out at 20% and then the spread slows. My personal guess is New York City is already at herd immunity. Decreased social distancing there would create a spike in cases, but it would be impossible to get the runaway one like before.