Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

More on a second ACW:
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... l_war.html

https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation ... r-picture/
The Covid-19 virus itself didn’t run the United States into a ditch but it exposed the weakness and rot in the nation’s drive-train, and now all of us passengers on that disabled bus must decide whether to stay helplessly inside the smoldering wreckage arguing over who’s to blame, or begin a long, uncertain march down the road on our own two feet to a place of new arrangements.
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/507 ... ng-america
The United States is experiencing its worst crisis since World War II. No, it is not the coronavirus pandemic. New York and other states are demonstrating how to bend the coronavirus infection rate down, and other states will soon follow. The crisis that is destroying America is debt fatigue.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

U.S. lawmaker to introduce bill to deter China attack on Taiwan
https://focustaiwan.tw/politics/202007200007
Republican House Representative Ted Yoho said over the weekend that he plans to put forth a bill that would authorize the president of the United States to respond with military force if China decides to attack Taiwan.
This is really going to piss off China.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

shoshin

Post by shoshin »

Anybody know why silver has gone up so much more than gold in the last few weeks? I thought there was a “usual” 16:1 ratio.

Post by Guest »

Silver typically outperforms and "blows off" in the latter stages of an upwardly moving market before a crash/correction. It's going up too fast. It's probably correlated with the general stock market and catching some uphoria buying and /or doomsday buying

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Even if silver had the historical 20:1 average (for a century, when the US had hard currency, a 1oz gold piece was $20 and a 1oz silver piece was $1), silver would be at about $90 per oz. Right now it is about $23.

I think we are in the initial stages of a financial meltdown and more people are starting to figure that out. And gold/silver is where you go when there is a panic. Especially when there are no "hard" currencies, only fiat.

But right now, the things to buy aren't gold and silver. They are basic commodities and getting your household ready for what happens when a real war starts. You won't be able to go to the hardware or appliance stores for years. And forget about Amazon, they won't be able to deliver anything.

In a lot of ways, what is going on right now is just a "warning shot". The "years of plenty" are just about over.

Post by Guest »

It occurred to me that maybe the riots aren't being controlled because "they" want us to be used to them when the real rioting starts. Because there is no food. Because there is a total financial crash and no one has any money. Because there is a war/pandemic going on.

My son tells me that zombies and then an alien invasion are next. I'm beginning to believe it. :)

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:58 pm
But right now, the things to buy aren't gold and silver. They are basic commodities and getting your household ready for what happens when a real war starts. You won't be able to go to the hardware or appliance stores for years. And forget about Amazon, they won't be able to deliver anything.

In a lot of ways, what is going on right now is just a "warning shot". The "years of plenty" are just about over.
How are you getting your family ready? Are you moving to another state? Do you have a bug out location? A bug out vehicle?

People keep telling me to forget gold and silver and buy brass...

John

Post by John »

** 23-Jul-2020 World View: CNBC vs Bloomberg TV
ihatecnbc2000 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:23 pm
> Some strong memories I have of the end of the dotcom bubble was
> how the relationship between the Dow/S&P versus NASDAQ went kind
> of schizo, with various days having one up big with the other down
> and vice versa. Then you had blowout seemingly good news earnings
> (beating "whisper numbers") that resulted in those stocks getting
> sold hard. We've definitely had the schizo indices, lets see if
> the big tech "beats" in earnings get sold into.
John wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:48 pm
> Do you think that CNBC is worse than anyone else?
ihatecnbc2000 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:06 pm
> Haha. No, but I really hated them back then.
There is a difference between CNBC and Bloomberg tv. They
both have deep left-wing orientations, but Bloomberg is much
worse.

Back when Michael Bloomberg was running for president, Bloomberg
tv announced that they would continue to attack the Trump administration,
but that they wouldn't even investigate Democratic candidates.

When Bloomberg dropped out, he announced that he would still be
contributing billions to the Democrats, and Bloomberg tv didn't end
its policy of attacking Trump but leaving Democrats alone. CNBC is
better than Bloomberg tv because it's backed by a historically
legimate news organization, NBC news, which is still far left, but not
loony left all the time.

A similar comparison can be made between MSNBC and CNN. CNN has
become a total sewer, but MSNBC is a tiny bit more balanced for the
same reason as for CNBC -- it's backed by NBC news.

Fox News continues to have ratings far higher than all the others,
since the news shows are balanced, even if some of the commentators
are far to the right.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I was thinking of offering to partner with John to quickly come out with an ebook that he could sell that outlines what people should do right now to prepare for what is coming. People are here because of John, he needs more income, and selling information is probably the best way for him to get that.

John knows how to contact me personally. If he is interested, we could quickly get this done. I would basically dictate into the computer the steps to take in terms of financial, medical, community, security, foodstuff, equipment, house preparation, and so on.