Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by guest »

Americans are fat. Need to eat less.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:04 am
Americans are fat. Need to eat less.
And indebted.

Need to spend less.

And dumb as hell.

No fix for that.

Jeepdinger

Post by Jeepdinger »

@John and Navigator

Another option to consider on your book idea:
I follow an author on Patreon who writes one chapter a month and bills subscribers for the work. contributions may be as low as $1/chapter and can go up from there with different levels. For this system, one chapter is equal to one month. Multiple chapters in a month will be billed once per month as sum of charges.

Pretty simple format where you just post a pdf of the chapter, and patreon bills subscribers for the payment each month. Something to consider as this works out to a "pay as you go" format. I've noticed that author targets about 30k words per chapter which is a decent amount of information/story each month.

I'd be down for a $20 book, or to contribute in another way as you go forward.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Jeepdigger,

It's not a bad idea, but I have heard that Patreon can kill your account if they don't agree with your politics. The excellent "OfTwoMinds" website had this problem.

John's account is already set up on GoFundMe.com. So people could contribute to that to get this done.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/john-xenakis-needs-your-help

So I would say, if you want to see what the details are for helping yourself and your family endure what is coming (and its not just war with China), then contribute. Otherwise, support is just a lot of hot air.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

US flag lowered as consulate in Chengdu forced to close
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/07/ ... 26093.html
Tit for tat?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Post by John »

** 27-Jul-2020 World View: Tit for tat consulate closings
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:35 pm
> US flag lowered as consulate in Chengdu forced to close
> https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/07/ ... 26093.html
> Tit for tat?
Here's the interesting thing about this whole tit for tat:
  • When the Chinese vacated their consulate building in Houston,
    they locked the doors. American security forces had to break down the
    doors to get into the building. Chinese social media went nuts
    blaming the Americans for entering the vacated building, in violation
    of some unnamed international law.
  • When the Americans vacated their consulate building in Chengdu,
    the left the doors open and unlocked. Chinese forces could simply
    walk in.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I always was amused by the boomer and older generation disdain for the younger generations --- ones that by and large never had anywhere near the opportunity they had, who they closed the door on, let in non European immigrants, destroyed religion, ran universities into bureaucratic nightmares, and made only DC the really rich income area while enriching their globalist buddies and hollowing out the manufacturing base for cheaper crap and "growth" at all costs.

Yes, they created the generation they now claim to dislike. Reinvigorated marxism. Sold out the masses with neoliberal economics regardless of party. Conservatives, so-called, conserved nothing ... except maybe gun rights. Christianity gone, thrown out the window by lack of men who are real leaders and undercut all family men in law, jobs, and cut wages in half by "empowering" slutty women.

Now, strong men will come back on the scene, but the most hated, proficient, competent and hated men of all are european men. Thanks a lot.

And you wonder why the country went to the dung heap.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Just saw that someone put $1k into John's GoFundMe page. I will accelerate work on the outline. My wife just had surgery today, but I think I can knock it out later this week.

I may be able to work out some kind of arrangement with John to put the time into the book at $40 an hour (capping at $4k until done).

Whoever put up the money, Thanks for helping John.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

At the start of any hostilities between CommChina and the USA, they will go after critical infrastructure targets inside the USA.

They have had decades to move agents and teams into the USA. They would have been complete idiots not to have done this.

A couple of years ago there was an incident at a power substation in California that was shot up by a number of people using assault rifles. At the time I though this was a probe, to see what the effect would be, and what, if any response, the attackers could expect.

Today I am reading that there have been a number of drone swarms over nuclear power plants AND over strategic missile silo sites.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ffled.html

The CCP are not just going to let the conflict occur in Asia. They will attempt to do significant damage to us here inside the USA. And that is a powerful reason why people here need to prepare, and quickly, for what is coming.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

There has been a lot of speculation over the past couple of days that the Three Rivers Gorge Dam on the Yangtze River is in danger of structural failure.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/07/three-gor ... operators/

Of course CCP officials state that it is completely safe and that there are no worries.

On a side note, should it fail, the first big city it would take out would be Wuhan. How's that for a coincidence?

In any case, should it fail, I have no doubt that the CCP would somehow blame the US for some kind of subversive attack. It would be a disaster of such a huge magnitude that the misled Chinese population would demand a war of revenge (based on the CCP blaming the US).