Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Xeraphim1

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Xeraphim1 »

John wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:40 am
** 11-Jan-2021 World View: How will this end?

Will the Democrats' use of the genocidal playbook lead to actual
genocide and ethnic cleansing? No. For that they would at least need
backing from the army, which obviously they don't have.

In fact, what the Democrats are doing is so completely bizarre and
outrageous, and so un-American, that it can't possibly last long.

Still, how is this going to end?

First, Donald Trump and his 75 million supporters are not dead and
buried. Trump says that he has some major announcement coming. We'll
see what he says.

Second, parler is not dead and buried. The Democrats have gotten
parler offline for now, but parler has enough support to build its own
datacenter and cloud to replace Amazon's AWS, and it will be online
again.

In fact, if I were a business using Amazon's AWS, then I would look at
this situation in horror, knowing that Amazon could shut me down at
any time for any foolish reason. No one believes that shutting down
parler had anything to do with violence. It had everything to do with
eliminating a competitor to twitter. If they can come after parler,
they can come after anyone.

Furthermore, Twitter, Google and Facebook made huge amounts of money
because of Trump in the last few years because of Trump. With Trump
gone, and with their contemptuous treatment of Trump supporters,
they're going to lose a lot of money.

But, no worry, the execs will be ok. Many of them are taking jobs in
the Biden administration.

It's quite possible that Parler will come back with a vengeance and
become a major business threat to Twitter. If not Parler, then
another service. This is what always happens.

By the way, another conservative social media service, Gab.com, has
signed up millions of new users in the last few days. If you access
the site, the reason that it's slow is because it's being overwhelmed
by new users.

Third, and this is how it will really end.

As I've been saying for years, there will be a global financial crisis
and third world war with China, and this will unify the country, and
end all political divisiveness.
It looks like Parler is going down the same road that Gab has already followed thus asking the question, what's the point of Parler?

I agree that Twitter is likely to see declines since it's a stupid idea anyways. Trump boosted Twitter for years and if the leadership there had any sense they would make exceptions to every rule to keep him on it. But they've finally terminally snowflaked. I have a vengeful hope that Twitter will go bankrupt and every woke a-hole at the company have to get a new career selling each other overpriced, mediocre coffee.

To your list of incipient losers I would add the major news companies. Without a constant drip of Trump Outrage! how will they get eyeballs looking at their sites or watching their shows? I expect to see big viewership drops at CNN and MSNBC as well as ABC/CBS/NBC. The same will likely carry over to Fox since there is a lot of conservative anger at it and Murdoch's idiot sons are more interested in getting invited to the fashionable parties than providing an alternate news provider for conservatives.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:55 am
Here's an outline of how it works:
  • In the early stages, the government or the elites target a hated ethnic group with abusive policies, including violence, jailing without evidence, censorship and punishment of criticism of the government, and other forms of discrimination, with the purpose of infuriating the target group.
  • Frequently there is an analogue to the Nazi Kristallnacht, where police stand aside and allow violent mobs to attack homes and businesses of the target group.
  • Sooner or later there is some kind of violent incident by a few people in the target group. This incident might occur organically, or it might be a setup by the elites.
  • The elites use this incident to justify complete censorship, violence, abuse and control towards the target group and, in the extreme, commits genocide and ethnic cleansing.
I will repeat several times: This playbook is not rare. It is common.
It is the rule.
Much truth in this.

The problem seems to be that in closing down a social media company, they are apt to shut down quite legitimate conversation in the process of shutting down criminal action. Most conservative conversation is quite legitimate. It should not be censored by the company, by the government, by anyone. In the process of shutting down criminal activity, they are shutting down quite legitimate conversations.

This should make social media companies eliminate criminal conversations on their own to avoid being targeted. If they try simply to enable criminal conversations anyway, they do leave themselves and the legitimate conversations they support vulnerable.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:40 am
Third, and this is how it will really end.

As I've been saying for years, there will be a global financial crisis and third world war with China, and this will unify the country, and end all political divisiveness.
There is some hope that the policy of obstruction will be dropped in an attempt to save the Republican Party. This equates to accepting the crisis mood, rejecting the unravelling mood, and governing for the good of the country rather than the perceived good of the party. That is an alternate way the crisis could end.

Nathan Redshield

Re: Declining "eye-balls" etc. for the "regular" Media

Post by Nathan Redshield »

--John--

Very quickly. I post at The London Daily Mail and have notices that the total number of responses (their "arrow-count") is going down. There also are more Lefties so-to-speak among the responders--which didn't used to happen. I have read that one-third The DM's web traffic is from America and they go after it even carrying local-tailored adverts for my immediate area. Conclusion: fewer people worldwide are looking at The London Daily Mail, which was the leading English-language newspaper on-line in the world. To think, I used to contribute to National Review on-line before they required us to log in to accounts which I refuse to do--I can't justify the expense and until recently I didn't really have the money.
Perhaps I should come here to contribute thoughtful pieces. Right now I've got St. John's, Newfoundland on the brain. OK, I will post that one separately. In the meantime The London Daily Mail is sinking--and Joe Biden STILL hasn't granted Piers Morgan an exclusive interview after Piers has been shilling so much for Joe.

John

Post by John »

** 11-Jan-2021 World View: Online services reorganization
Nathan Redshield wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:37 pm
> --John-- Very quickly. I post at The London Daily Mail and have
> notices that the total number of responses (their "arrow-count")
> is going down. There also are more Lefties so-to-speak among the
> responders--which didn't used to happen. I have read that
> one-third The DM's web traffic is from America and they go after
> it even carrying local-tailored adverts for my immediate area.
> Conclusion: fewer people worldwide are looking at The London Daily
> Mail, which was the leading English-language newspaper on-line in
> the world. To think, I used to contribute to National Review
> on-line before they required us to log in to accounts which I
> refuse to do--I can't justify the expense and until recently I
> didn't really have the money.

> Perhaps I should come here to contribute thoughtful pieces. Right
> now I've got St. John's, Newfoundland on the brain. OK, I will
> post that one separately. In the meantime The London Daily Mail is
> sinking--and Joe Biden STILL hasn't granted Piers Morgan an
> exclusive interview after Piers has been shilling so much for
> Joe.
That's very interesting. Apparently we're in the midst of a major
reorganization of some of the online services. I think it's absolutely
appalling that Amazon shut down a major online service for political
revenge, and a lot of Amazon's customers are going to wonder if they'll
be next.

I'm not sure what you're asking me. Are you asking me to set up a
thread for you? You can do that yourself, of course, but you'd have
to register first -- which is free.

John

Post by John »

** 11-Jan-2021 World View: Think different

The following is posted on Gab.com:

Nathan Redshield

Jan 6th events vs. St. John's Newfoundland Apr 5 1932 Riot

Post by Nathan Redshield »

We've seen something like the storming of the Capitol before, but not around here--we must go north of our borders. This is NOT something like the relatively small incidents like the several bombings over the years I've been around or the Puerto Ricans who shot five Congressmen in 1951. Rather this is a case where the legislature was driven out of its chambers by a large mob.

THE GOVERNMENT BUILDING RIOT OF APRIL 5th, 1932 IN ST. JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND
--AND THE END OF THE COLONY'S REPRESENTATIVE SELF-GOVERNMENT

Deep background. Newfoundland did NOT join Confederation/Canada until 1949. The colony subsisted on fishing (big) and mediocre farming; Newfoundland became a self-governing colony with a legislature and a royal governor. But late in the 19th century there was a great flood of investment into the island with the Newfoundland Railway completed in 1898 from end to end and other big investment in mining and timber by the Reid-Newfoundland Company. But by the end of the 1920's all this investment had gone sour and failed and the colony was in dire straits and virtually bankrupt.
A man named Squires was Prime Minister--his party controlled an absolute majority in the 40-member legislature but he was deeply unpopular in St. John's, the colony's capital. He laid a harsh economic policy on the colony resulting in steep increases in food costs from import taxes at a time of increasing mass unemployment. Worse there were rumors of bribes and other corruption going on and the governor had been asked to have an investigation made. This report was due about April 5th in 1932--when it was released it would total cleared Squires.
At this point people assembled at the grounds of the government building in St. John's while the Assembly (the legislature) was meeting, estimated to number upward of 10,000 people, perhaps around 20-25% of the city's then population (1951 population was 51,000). The people were not happy at the report's clearing Squires and in mid-afternoon the government decided to clear the crowd so the police unsheathed their batons--and at that point the crowd became a mob, overwhelmed the police, and stormed the building! What went on was quite a melee with the Assembly driven out of its chamber and the government offices ransacked. Squires eventually escaped from the building pursued by the mob to a nearby house where he soon escaped out the rear into a waiting cab which spirited him to safety.
The various parties blames each other for what had happened; some claimed businesses had given their employees the afternoon off to go to the Government Building. The governor dissolved the Assembly and Squires' party overwhelmingly lost the new election, supposedly by a score of 2 to 38. But within months the new Assembly was to ask the royal governor to take over governing the colony--the Assembly had asked for the end of representational self-government, and after consultations with the Colonial Office in London--their request was granted. Until 1949 Newfoundland would be under direct rule by the Colonial Office in London under what was called the Commission of Government. Eventually London tired of this burden and told the Newfoundlanders they could no longer be a ward of the Colonial Office: they could join Canada, the United States, or become independent.
In 1949 after an overwhelming referendum Newfoundland was to Canada. While many British colonies struggled against the British Empire Newfoundland remains the only colony to be kicked out of the British Empire. To this day the rest of Canada often uses Newfoundland as the butt of jokes--especially Quebec! And this is not just that Newfoundland Time is 30 minutes off (popular CBC joke: "FLASH!! World ends at Midnight tonight--12:30 AM in Newfoundland!). The Newfoundlanders themselves keep quite about the events of April 5, 1932--but not all of them. Plus there were photos done at the time and if you do diligent search on the "Interwebs" you can find out about this incident that I read of about five years ago when I was looking up a diasaster that had happened in 1915 or so in the sealing industry.
So you see, this HAS happened before. In St. John's, Newfoundland. No one was killed--but a lot of dignity was hurt. "Newfie" survived--we will survive too--if we keep our heads!

Bob Butler

Re: Jan 6th events vs. St. John's Newfoundland Apr 5 1932 Riot

Post by Bob Butler »

Nathan Redshield wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:51 pm
We've seen something like the storming of the Capitol before, but not around here--we must go north of our borders. This is NOT something like the relatively small incidents like the several bombings over the years I've been around or the Puerto Ricans who shot five Congressmen in 1951. Rather this is a case where the legislature was driven out of its chambers by a large mob...
Interesting. I vaguely thought something like the Capitol Riots should have occurred among the minor powers. It seems the Newfoundland incident is a bit more justified. The only colony kicked out of the British Empire. :D

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I saw that John earlier linked Bernard Goldberg, a once liberal, now very conservative journalist. His book "Bias" is great insight into the liberal media.

Here is what Goldberg has to say about Trump and what happened at the capitol. I agree with him. (I will put the link to this at the end):

If Donald Trump isn’t the worst president in the entire history of the United States, he’s certainly a serious contender for the title.

There is not enough room in all of cyberspace to tick off his many offenses. But he is good at a few things. No one in recent political history has been better at bamboozling those gullible MAGA supporters who practically worship at his feet.

Back in 2016 he told them he’d not only build a wall to keep illegal immigrants out of this country, but that Mexico would pay for it. That lie, which was one of many, helped him get elected.

Ever since he lost the election in November, he told his most loyal supporters, again playing on their gullibility, that he really won the election – and it wasn’t just any old victory; it was a landslide win. And his trusting fans bought that lie too.

And, as was expected, the story was amplified by the president’s sycophant friends in right-wing media.

It didn’t matter to his fans or his media toadies that the president’s legal team made their case to some 60 judges, some of whom Donald Trump himself had appointed – and that he lost every time out. It didn’t matter to the president’s most loyal, gullible, fan base because it didn’t matter to the president.

That’s also why it didn’t matter to the so-called analysts on conservative cable TV and radio. They’re cowards too — fearful that if they don’t pander to Donald Trump’s loyal base – if they don’t cover for his many lies they’ll lose their audience … and their ratings … and maybe their jobs.

And when he whipped up the crowd in Washington with more lies and conspiracy theories about how he really won the election, about how the Democrats stole it away from him, about how he would never concede and how he should rightfully remain in office for four more years, too many in the crowd responded by storming the Capitol — at the same time Congress was counting the Electoral College votes that would officially declare Donald Trump’s opponent the next president of the United States.

Which brings us to something else the president excels at: scaring the cowards in his party.

When they went on television – Fox News, mostly – they condemned the rioting, which was the easy part. But one politician after another – with very few exceptions — refused to state the obvious: that Donald Trump was the instigator, the one who whipped up the passions of his supporters, the one who said, “We’re going to the Capitol” to “try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”

The “we” in “We’re going to the Capitol,” of course, didn’t include the leader of the pack, the president. He went back to the safe confines of the White House.

But Donald Trump isn’t the only one who bears blame for what happened. The cowards in his party, the ones who never told him to stop the chaos that he caused almost on a daily basis – they also bear responsibility for the wretched end of his presidency.

They were afraid to stand up to him when he mocked the heroism of John McCain. They were afraid to stand up to him when he suggested a female opponent wasn’t attractive enough to be in the White House. They were afraid to stand up to him when he made fun of a journalist with a serious physical disability.

A friend of mine emailed me saying: “Ted Cruz is pandering to Trump’s insane ego when Trump mocked his wife’s looks, mocked the looks of the woman Cruz said he’d pick for VP, and accused his father of being involved with Lee Harvey Oswald. Hell, in Texas this would get you off on grounds of justifiable homicide!”

Time after time after time over more than four long years they refused to draw a bright red line; they refused to tell him to stop acting like a schoolyard bully and start acting like the President of the United States of America.

And what exactly was it that his Republican enablers were afraid of? They were afraid of Donald Trump’s rabid base, the voters who would never abandon him – no matter what.

They were afraid that if they stood up to Donald Trump, the MAGA crowd would make them pay for their disloyalty. They would either find a primary opponent to run against them or if that failed they’d sit home on Election Day and let the Democrat win.

Yes, the GOP has a problem, one brought on by Donald Trump and his party’s cowardly refusal to stand up to him and confront the loyalists who blindly trust and support him. So what to do?

Here’s an idea for Republicans: Stop being cowards. Stop fearing the wrath of those rabid Trump supporters – the ones who will demand loyalty to their leader long after he’s out of office, the ones who won’t support you if you ever say a bad word about Donald Trump. Let them go and start their third party as they’re already threatening to do.

The Republican Party will be better off without them. Like Donald Trump, they alienate more voters than they attract.

At the same time, mainstream Republicans should focus their efforts on a bloc that has voted for GOP candidates in the past, but abandoned the party when Donald Trump came along.

They should make their case to those educated, moderate, suburban voters – mostly women – who voted for Joe Biden because they couldn’t stomach four more years of Donald Trump.

If the GOP wins them back, they can win elections. But it takes courage to stand up to a bully. Profiles in courage are always hard to come by, but cowards in the age of Donald Trump, unfortunately, have been plentiful.

https://https://bernardgoldberg.com/cow ... -of-trump/

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Navigator wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:41 pm
I saw that John earlier linked Bernard Goldberg, a once liberal, now very conservative journalist. His book "Bias" is great insight into the liberal media.

Here is what Goldberg has to say about Trump and what happened at the capitol. I agree with him. (I will put the link to this at the end):
<snip>

At the same time, mainstream Republicans should focus their efforts on a bloc that has voted for GOP candidates in the past, but abandoned the party when Donald Trump came along.

They should make their case to those educated, moderate, suburban voters – mostly women – who voted for Joe Biden because they couldn’t stomach four more years of Donald Trump.

https://https://bernardgoldberg.com/cow ... -of-trump/
One problem with this advice is that just two months ago Trump got 74 million votes, the second most of any candidate in history. Unfortunately for him his opponent won the most votes of any candidate. I don't think nominating a Mitt Romney is going to win elections. It sure didn't in the past.