Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Cool Breeze »

We're moving up in the world from the knuckle dragging commentary of tulip-mania, which is also fake historical news (go see Nic Carter's posts on this). Good. Though I'm not sure why you quote Cathie Wood, of all people - who definitely never generated excitement. Oh yeah, I forgot, the world would be a better place if we let women do even more. LOL, funny how they don't put 2 and 2 together --- the world is falling apart in association with this phenomenon.

By the way, if you are going to bother, why not give credit where it's due - to me, being a poster here and indicating all of this months ago to you all. Oh yeah, that would cease to make me "stupid" or the enemy in some petty ego game.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Interesting article on how the second war in Nagorno-Karabakh may have changed warfare itself.

https://glennrocess.medium.com/the-worl ... 3f0ad3f31d

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

DaKardii wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:05 pm
Interesting article on how the second war in Nagorno-Karabakh may have changed warfare itself.

https://glennrocess.medium.com/the-worl ... 3f0ad3f31d
The comments are even more elucidating, as usual. In reality, it just changed warfare for ... the Armenians and the Azeris ... and remotely, indirectly for the Russians and Turks.

John

Post by John »

** 24-Feb-2021 World View: Giving credit to Cool Breeze
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:39 pm
> We're moving up in the world from the knuckle dragging commentary
> of tulip-mania, which is also fake historical news (go see Nic
> Carter's posts on this). Good. Though I'm not sure why you quote
> Cathie Wood, of all people - who definitely never generated
> excitement. Oh yeah, I forgot, the world would be a better place
> if we let women do even more. LOL, funny how they don't put 2 and
> 2 together --- the world is falling apart in association with this
> phenomenon.

> By the way, if you are going to bother, why not give credit where
> it's due - to me, being a poster here and indicating all of this
> months ago to you all. Oh yeah, that would cease to make me
> "stupid" or the enemy in some petty ego game.
Well, first off just because some idiot says that Tulipomania didn't
happen doesn't mean the idiot is right. Tulipomania is an established
historical fact. Or maybe you think that the 1969 moon landing
actually took place in a Nevada desert.

Second, the article about Cathie Wood was amusing, and was generating
excitement, and I posted it for that reason. If fund managers and
bankers start talking about bitoin as a way to prevent wealth
confiscation, it will present a volatile situation. However, Cathie
Wood's view of bitcoin doesn't mean that bitcoin is more or less
likely to crash.

And third, let me thank you and give you credit for posting all kinds
of nonsense over the last few months. Some of it has been just as
entertaining as Cathie Wood's remarks.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I love the idea that after 10 years and continually increasing market cap, six figure valuation, and increasing adoption by billionaires and businesses all over the world, BTC is suddenly going to ... "go to zero" or is a ponzi scheme.

The internet was a scam. So were credit cards. Amazon was a fraud until ... it wasn't.

The oddity of the totally vacuous criticisms of BTC is really breathtaking, but in reality it's actually yet another proof for bitcoin.

I'm all for good criticisms of bitcoin, because it can only make bitcoin stronger or make others wary of it being dethroned. The problem is that none of the criticisms are beyond an emotional level, most are nonsensical (tulip mania lasted 1 year and it was something that had no value and didn't even bankrupt people, which was my point), and the best part is that the old fuddy duddy's that have used the game and the old rules to enrich themselves all hate it because it threatens their "expertise". We entered clown world long ago, with degrading governments, out of control spending, FED maneuvers and balance sheets which are unheard of and never even dreamed of 30 years ago; this is the whole point of BTC being so valuable right now.

The best question so far has been "what if the internet is shut down" = the whole world is in a world of trouble, including all the elites with all of their "digital" paper and derivatives that they "own." So if that's the best you can do, you might as well tell people to give up entirely on working because their fake dollars and other investments won't matter, either.

Post by Guest »

Neither bitcoin nor gold will be worth anything once the center gives way. After the collapse of Western Civilization, there will only be barbarism.

tim

Post by tim »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:38 am
A while back I followed a youtube link that Aeden posted. It turned out to be a video of a hyena eating a zebra alive. It was as horrible to watch as it sounds. I thought it was an isolated instance, but a little research showed that's the way they always eat their prey. I'm now glad I watched it, as it was a useful reminder that the world is not always a pretty place, for animals or people.
"NOW this is the Law of the Jungle — as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back —
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Nature is cruel. It is easy to observe and understand the nature of animals as they are always acting in accordance of their nature. The predator kills for food and survival and the herbivore survives by evading the predators. It is a brutal life but it can be simply seen as survival of the fittest.

Human nature being cyclical and seasonal, is more difficult to observe. As the 80 year cycle can never personally be observed by every single generation, humans are doomed to not understand the cycle or their true nature. We do not live like animals where we live in a state of nature everyday and survival alone is the goal. We have long periods of peace broken up by total war that once again are cyclical and occur so far apart they do not coincide with the lifespan of every generation of human.

If you were an observer of humans and you had a long enough lifespan you would look at human life no different then the hyena eating its prey alive.

Just as the hyena eats for its survival the time comes for humans to observe the law of the jungle.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Post by guest »

When the world collapses, can I be the guy playing the flamethrower guitar?

tim

Post by tim »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:35 pm
The best question so far has been "what if the internet is shut down" = the whole world is in a world of trouble, including all the elites with all of their "digital" paper and derivatives that they "own." So if that's the best you can do, you might as well tell people to give up entirely on working because their fake dollars and other investments won't matter, either.
I don't understand the value of bitcoin unless you are in the top 1% of the rich or already have many years of supplies and food.

Why would somebody want to keep wealth in bitcoin, which doesn't exist outside of the digital world, instead of investing in 5+ years of food that will store for over 30 years? What was the value of bitcoin to those people who literally froze to death in Texas? What will bitcoin matter when you go to the grocery store and there is no food and nobody knows when more food will be coming?

Show me how you will use bitcoin as a currency when the grid goes down. Do you think you will be trading bitcoins for canned food with your neighbors?

In the long run I think all currencies will fail, but I like Kyle Bass and his nickel investment idea the most. The nickel has had more value in the metal it is created from then the 5 cent face value. While you can't legally melt down the nickel for its metal value, it is an investment for the future.

Now if you already are fully stocked and could survive on your own without resupplying from civilization for 5+ years, dabble in all the bitcoin you want.

https://lfb.org/urgent-sell-everything-buy-nickels/
Fiat money, you see, does well in deflation. Unlike gold, nickels have government-mandated deflation protection. They’re still going to be worth five cents no matter what.

But at the same time, due to their metal makeup, they are protected should inflation kick in too.

Each nickel is made up of 75% copper and 25% nickel.

[Excluding some 1942-1945 nickels. Some of those dates were made with 35% silver when nickel was sorely needed for industrial war use. But those have all been but scooped up by collectors.]

The same factors that could driving the U.S. dollar to the floor are the same forces that will drive these metals up.

But what if the dollar remains strong? Let’s say, in some weird twist of fate, the economy becomes robust as ever.

Either way, it’s a win.

If the economy becomes weak, investors will migrate toward commodities to hedge against inflation. If the economy improves, demand of the metals will rise, boosting the prices.

But here’s the most interesting part…

Even with copper and nickel as cheap as they currently are, the metal value is still high enough to produce losses for the Mint.

It costs the Mint about $1.62 for every 20 nickels, or 8.09 cents for each nickel it currently produces.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

tim wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:56 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:38 am
A while back I followed a youtube link that Aeden posted. It turned out to be a video of a hyena eating a zebra alive. It was as horrible to watch as it sounds. I thought it was an isolated instance, but a little research showed that's the way they always eat their prey. I'm now glad I watched it, as it was a useful reminder that the world is not always a pretty place, for animals or people.
"NOW this is the Law of the Jungle — as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back —
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Nature is cruel. It is easy to observe and understand the nature of animals as they are always acting in accordance of their nature. The predator kills for food and survival and the herbivore survives by evading the predators. It is a brutal life but it can be simply seen as survival of the fittest.

Human nature being cyclical and seasonal, is more difficult to observe. As the 80 year cycle can never personally be observed by every single generation, humans are doomed to not understand the cycle or their true nature. We do not live like animals where we live in a state of nature everyday and survival alone is the goal. We have long periods of peace broken up by total war that once again are cyclical and occur so far apart they do not coincide with the lifespan of every generation of human.

If you were an observer of humans and you had a long enough lifespan you would look at human life no different then the hyena eating its prey alive.

Just as the hyena eats for its survival the time comes for humans to observe the law of the jungle.
But all of this matters not one iota, unless you have your eyes set on the ONLY thing new under the sun. He is the Alpha and Omega, and he will return after the war that you guys predict, but first much suffering will take place and the desolation of abomination will convince others that he is the one deserving worship for "saving the world."

If I am wrong, we still all turn to dust. But we will not, because we wil live eternally, it is foreordained. Make choices that pursue then the truth, as you and your progeny will go back to dust and nothing in this world will matter. There are greater things in store for us; let us live then in hope that He will put the enemies under his feet (and He has already). There are a few more events to take place, and we shall see them, sadly ... let's hope that the little faith on Earth can continue. Things will get worse as you all know.