Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by John »

** 19-Apr-2021 World View: Russia and China
DaKardii wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:53 am
> That being said, at this point I wouldn't rule out the possibility
> of Russia allying with China against the USA either.
The Russians have hated the Chinese ever since the Mongols defeated
the Chinese in 1206, and then went on to attack and conquer almost all
the Russian principalities, and made them bitter vassals of the Mongol
Empire, in a relationship called the "Mongol Yoke" that went on for
two centuries. The Russians hate the Chinese.

The Chinese claim parts of Russia's Far East, including Vladivostok,
the home of Russia's Pacific Fleet, and demand that it be returned to
them, like Hong Kong. The Chinese are deeply contemptuous of the
Russian barbarians, and are planning to conquer parts of Russia's Far
East.

Russians love West Europeans and Americans. Chinese are deeply
contemptuous of West European and American barbarians.

Russians and Indians are long-time allies. Chinese and Indians hate
each other.

Russia depends on the South China Sea for commerce. China is
illegally annexing the South China Sea.

Basically, the Russians and the Chinese hate each other, and the
hatred goes very deep. Under no circumstances will Russia and China
EVER be allied in a generational crisis war.

John

Post by John »

** 19-Apr-2021 World View: The Dollar
guest wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:49 pm
> Would deflation strengthen or destroy the US dollar? I'm not an
> economist and the answers online are all over the place. What do
> you say, John? Is gold better to have in a deflationary
> period?
Inflation would destroy the dollar.

Deflation strengthens the dollar.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

John wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:05 pm
The Russians have hated the Chinese ever since the Mongols defeated
the Chinese in 1206, and then went on to attack and conquer almost all
the Russian principalities, and made them bitter vassals of the Mongol
Empire, in a relationship called the "Mongol Yoke" that went on for
two centuries. The Russians hate the Chinese.

The Chinese claim parts of Russia's Far East, including Vladivostok,
the home of Russia's Pacific Fleet, and demand that it be returned to
them, like Hong Kong. The Chinese are deeply contemptuous of the
Russian barbarians, and are planning to conquer parts of Russia's Far
East.

Russians love West Europeans and Americans. Chinese are deeply
contemptuous of West European and American barbarians.

Russians and Indians are long-time allies. Chinese and Indians hate
each other.

Russia depends on the South China Sea for commerce. China is
illegally annexing the South China Sea.

Basically, the Russians and the Chinese hate each other, and the
hatred goes very deep. Under no circumstances will Russia and China
EVER be allied in a generational crisis war.
What you say may be true about the Russian people, but not so much about the Russian government.

Over the past 20 years, Russia's foreign policy has been taking an increasingly "Eurasianist" turn. Proponents of "Eurasianism," such as Aleksandr Dugin (who is widely seen as being the chief ideologue of the modern "Eurasianist" movement), argue that the "Mongol Yoke" is something to be embraced, not vilified. They see the "Mongol Yoke" as what makes Russia "Russian." By combining Eastern civilization with Western Civilization, the "Mongol Yoke" created an entirely new civilization, the "Eurasian Civilization." Russia is the center of that civilization, and it is thus Russia's holy mission to keep that civilization alive.

That being said, "Eurasianists" are generally skeptical of both the East and the West. But they see the West as by far the greater evil. This is because much of modern "Eurasianist" thought is borrowed from (1) Central Asian tribal culture; and (2) radical Orthodox Christianity. The former has hated the West since before the fall of Rome; the latter sees the West as being Satan incarnate because it is the epicenter of Roman Catholicism, the other party in the Great Schism of 1054.

This mentality is exactly why Dugin labels the US, the UK, and Saudi Arabia (the last which he sees as being a Western puppet) as being greater enemies than China, and has been advocating a Russian-led anti-American alliance which includes China as far back as 1997. This in turn is one of the reasons why the American foreign policy establishment sees Russia as a greater enemy than China; because of Dugin and his growing influence they see Russia, not China, as the leader of the anti-American world. And thus they would prefer a Sino-American alliance against Russia over a Russo-American alliance against China. That in turn is the central reason why they hated Trump so much, and why they constantly accused him of being a Putin puppet. Trump disagreed with their consensus on how to approach Russia and China, and advocated the opposite approach.

John

Post by John »

Well, you know, this is what Generational Dynamics is all about.
Non-crisis wars come from the government, but generational crisis wars
come from the people.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

DaKardii wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:54 pm
What you say may be true about the Russian people, but not so much about the Russian government.

Over the past 20 years, Russia's foreign policy has been taking an increasingly "Eurasianist" turn. Proponents of "Eurasianism," such as Aleksandr Dugin (who is widely seen as being the chief ideologue of the modern "Eurasianist" movement), argue that the "Mongol Yoke" is something to be embraced, not vilified. They see the "Mongol Yoke" as what makes Russia "Russian." By combining Eastern civilization with Western Civilization, the "Mongol Yoke" created an entirely new civilization, the "Eurasian Civilization." Russia is the center of that civilization, and it is thus Russia's holy mission to keep that civilization alive.

That being said, "Eurasianists" are generally skeptical of both the East and the West. But they see the West as by far the greater evil. This is because much of modern "Eurasianist" thought is borrowed from (1) Central Asian tribal culture; and (2) radical Orthodox Christianity. The former has hated the West since before the fall of Rome; the latter sees the West as being Satan incarnate because it is the epicenter of Roman Catholicism, the other party in the Great Schism of 1054.

This mentality is exactly why Dugin labels the US, the UK, and Saudi Arabia (the last which he sees as being a Western puppet) as being greater enemies than China, and has been advocating a Russian-led anti-American alliance which includes China as far back as 1997. This in turn is one of the reasons why the American foreign policy establishment sees Russia as a greater enemy than China; because of Dugin and his growing influence they see Russia, not China, as the leader of the anti-American world. And thus they would prefer a Sino-American alliance against Russia over a Russo-American alliance against China. That in turn is the central reason why they hated Trump so much, and why they constantly accused him of being a Putin puppet. Trump disagreed with their consensus on how to approach Russia and China, and advocated the opposite approach.
That also being said, when war finally breaks out the Russian government will be under enormous pressure from the "Eurasianist" lobby to side with China for purely ideological reasons. And if Russia refuses to do so, it is very likely that the "Eurasianist" movement will serve as a pro-China fifth column seeking to overthrow the government and turn Russia into a Chinese vassal state.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

John wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:57 pm
Well, you know, this is what Generational Dynamics is all about.
Non-crisis wars come from the government, but generational crisis wars
come from the people.
Yes. And that is exactly why I still have hope for a Russo-American alliance even now, despite the greatest efforts of the foreign policy establishments in both countries to prevent it from happening.

Post by Guest »

How is America going to protect Asia or defend NATO countries when there is a complete breakdown of law and order in America? There is no law and order. Businesses are looted and people are being murdered in their own homes. The criminals no longer fear the police. When Biden takes away the guns, decent Americans will be slaughtered. END OF STORY.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Guest wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm
How is America going to protect Asia or defend NATO countries when there is a complete breakdown of law and order in America? There is no law and order. Businesses are looted and people are being murdered in their own homes. The criminals no longer fear the police. When Biden takes away the guns, decent Americans will be slaughtered. END OF STORY.
He hasn't taken away the guns yet. Before he will try to do that, he will first try to "stack" the Supreme Court, and be as sure as he can that it will back him up. Trying to take control of the courts is THE pivotal step which would mark our earnest beginning step to totalitarianism, and everybody knows it. I'm no lawyer, much less a constitutional scholar (of course they said Obama was, FWIW), but I can't imagine a law to expand the court, passed by congress and signed by the president, NOT being challenged by a lawsuit, which would end up in the Supreme Court. So the Supreme Court would be in the position of ruling whether or not it would allow itself to be "stacked." I predict that the present composition of the court would not allow this, for the good of the nation. The Democrats would be sorely pissed, but what could they do? Pretty much civil war, or nothing. On the other side, suppose the Supreme Court did allow its makeup to be fundamentally altered - for whatever misguided reason - 75,000,000 really pissed, heavily armed conservatives who know exactly what's at stake. Again, civil war.

Maybe we would be better off if the Chinese attacked first, and spared us the internal dissension.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

I think that the "studies" on the supreme court are just a way to placate the radical left. At least I hope so. I have read that Pelosi will not bring any such bills to the floor, and, even if she did, there are a few Dem senators who would not vote for it when it got to the Senate anyway. So it is, again, I strongly hope, a moot point.

In any case, I believe that the internal dissention/infighting will get bad enough in the USA that the current "axis of evil" (China, Russia, N Korea, Iran) will feel that they can attack USA and/or its interests and have a very good chance of getting away with it.

The Chauvin trial could go either way, or be hung jury. Or they just convict on manslaughter. In almost any case, it will probably result in massive riots in cities across the country.

In the end the "woke" culture warriors are going to see things backfire. No one likes to be told that they are wrong and the problem. Especially not the vast majority of the population. This current wave of "correctness" could actually spawn the very racism they say they are fighting against.

But that will all play out AFTER the big war. I think we have very little time left to prepare.

Game over

Post by Game over »

Navigator wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:19 pm
I think that the "studies" on the supreme court are just a way to placate the radical left. At least I hope so. I have read that Pelosi will not bring any such bills to the floor, and, even if she did, there are a few Dem senators who would not vote for it when it got to the Senate anyway. So it is, again, I strongly hope, a moot point.

In any case, I believe that the internal dissention/infighting will get bad enough in the USA that the current "axis of evil" (China, Russia, N Korea, Iran) will feel that they can attack USA and/or its interests and have a very good chance of getting away with it.

The Chauvin trial could go either way, or be hung jury. Or they just convict on manslaughter. In almost any case, it will probably result in massive riots in cities across the country.

In the end the "woke" culture warriors are going to see things backfire. No one likes to be told that they are wrong and the problem. Especially not the vast majority of the population. This current wave of "correctness" could actually spawn the very racism they say they are fighting against.

But that will all play out AFTER the big war. I think we have very little time left to prepare.
If you are right, then we will lose. Maybe that's what has to happen. Maybe the survivors can start a new country somewhere else...