Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:43 am
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:43 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:38 pm

I'm asking you to delineate why "when China goes, Germay goes" - I don't disagree, but support your bold statement.
That's no bolder a statement than saying it's cold in Alaska at Christmas.

You know, for someone who prides himself on analysis of everything (which is often wrong, especially in regards to BTC), I find it telling that you can't add 2+2 on what the poster stated.
Another useless comment. If it's so obvious, explain it - seems pretty obvious you can't. Why bother posting? You confirm that "guests" are trolls, worthless.
I think I can answer. China is one of Germany's most important customers. If China goes bust, Germany will lose an important export market. China also invests in Germany. Germany continues to ignore geopolitical realities and continues to look for partnerships in totalitarian hellholes like China and Russia. But so do a lot of countries.

Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme. I will not wish you good luck with that. You are a bad actor if you encourage cryptos.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Russia-Ukraine tension hits a boiling point | Fox News Rundown
31,777 viewsJan 20, 2022

DISLIKE

SAVE

Fox News
8.69M subscribers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxTOcKsciWc
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:56 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:43 am

That's no bolder a statement than saying it's cold in Alaska at Christmas.

You know, for someone who prides himself on analysis of everything (which is often wrong, especially in regards to BTC), I find it telling that you can't add 2+2 on what the poster stated.
Another useless comment. If it's so obvious, explain it - seems pretty obvious you can't. Why bother posting? You confirm that "guests" are trolls, worthless.
I think I can answer. China is one of Germany's most important customers. If China goes bust, Germany will lose an important export market. China also invests in Germany. Germany continues to ignore geopolitical realities and continues to look for partnerships in totalitarian hellholes like China and Russia. But so do a lot of countries.

Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme. I will not wish you good luck with that. You are a bad actor if you encourage cryptos.
Somebody being an important customer is far different than suggesting a country fails entirely due to one connection. Obviously I understood that guest troll or the original poster believe that China is critical to Germany, but I see no evidence of that, in the sense that Germany is "over" if China has hiccups.

Regarding BTC, you are a bad actor if you don't. If you're going to make an assertion at least give me the silly reason why, which of course I can counter, since I've actually done my research and DD. Ponzi schemes require profits to sustain themselves and thus pull "switcheroos". BTC does not require that, doesn't need it, and is useful already. When will it be more useful? When more people enjoy a greater network effect. Which will happen. Who doesn't like a secure, robust, untampered monetary/exchange system? Sick governments who want to control YOU by fiat and tracking.

Choose wisely.

Am Donut

Post by Am Donut »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:17 pm
Guest wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Somebody being an important customer is far different than suggesting a country fails entirely due to one connection. Obviously I understood that guest troll or the original poster believe that China is critical to Germany, but I see no evidence of that, in the sense that Germany is "over" if China has hiccups.

Regarding BTC, you are a bad actor if you don't. If you're going to make an assertion at least give me the silly reason why, which of course I can counter, since I've actually done my research and DD. Ponzi schemes require profits to sustain themselves and thus pull "switcheroos". BTC does not require that, doesn't need it, and is useful already. When will it be more useful? When more people enjoy a greater network effect. Which will happen. Who doesn't like a secure, robust, untampered monetary/exchange system? Sick governments who want to control YOU by fiat and tracking.

Choose wisely.
Last I looked, Bitcoin was taking a bath. The US government was also able to take back most of the Bitcoin paid out to Russians gangsters/government officials last winter when they hacked the oil pipelines in America. I have a feeling that the US government can delete cryptos at will. Then the joke will be on you.

As for Germany and China, the EU is bust, so China is crucial to Germany now. Russia will never be able to replace thr Chinese market( few Russians have any real money). The Chinese look at German products, especially cars, as the ultimate status symbol. The Chinese will forgo vacations for years and eat only Ramen noodles to save up enough money to buy a BMW. The Russians buy used cars stolen from Germany, like the Serbs and Montenegrins. Asians don't like used cars, unless they are 1960s sports cars. The Russians are content to eat table scraps.

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:17 pm
Guest wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Choose wisely.
Since Coll Breeze openly admires that little goat called Putin, I disregard everything he says.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm
DaKardii wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:37 pm
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:33 pm
Are we supposed to ignore the fact that Nursultan ran a very tight ship and strongly limited all foreign influences?
It was under Nursultan that Kazakhstan joined the CSTO. A literal military alliance with Russia. It was also under Nursultan that Kazakhstan joined the Eurasian Economic Union, which basically cannot function without Russian membership.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Are we supposed to ignore that fact that Kazakhstan removed price caps on fuel at the same time as the Ukraine standoff?
Color revolutions ALWAYS start off as organic unrest based on existing grievances. They then become color revolutions because outside forces exploit those grievances to their own advantage.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
The US has never had a very strong interest in Central Asia despite what you pet theory says.
You're definitely right that we have no natural interests in the region. But the consensus among so-called "geopolitical experts" is that we need to copy the British Empire and wage our own version of the "Great Game." Why? Because they think if we control Central Asia, we control the world? Why? Because Heartland Theory.
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:13 pm
Russians refuse to ask why all the countries that used to be part of the Russian Empire/USSR/Warsaw Pact want to join NATO. They refuse to accept that the one common feature is Russia. If Russia didn't have such shitty policies and shitty relations with its neighbors, they'd have no interest in NATO.
That may be true, but it isn't in our interests to protect them. Also, our NATO membership is arguably unconstitutional because Article V could be used as a pretext to enter an armed conflict without a Congressional declaration of war.
That’s a modern equivalent of what they said about Poland in 1939. Great stuff!
Russians can remember their history, and how the West cannot trusted. Let's recall that of the deaths in WW2, Russia's was the greatest at nearly 27 million, nearly 50% of the total number of deaths. What price do you pay for defending your country? We in the West congratulate ourselves on the victory, but let's not fool ourselves: without Russia's sacrifice, the war wouldn't have been won without nuclear weapons.
Post-Brexit, we see geopolitics through the lens of American hegemony. We have cut our ties with our closest partner, the EU. So now we have firmly allied our foreign policies with those of Uncle Sam. A caution comes from the DT's adversary, the Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... er-dispute
We, in the UK, are becoming increasingly involved in the dispute, being the slaves of the Americans that we are. Our involvements in the Middle East as the American side-kick, brought about nothing good, yet our bereaved families mourn the deaths of their loved-ones, who were part of the British troops sucked into America's war on the Middle East. Ukraine is not our problem, either. Neither for that matter is it America's. It is the EU's problem.
Our Vlad is playing his chess game masterfully. Full marks to him. What would he do with an invaded Ukraine where most of the population would be hostile to his invasion? Clearly, the troops amassed at the border are there as a bargaining chip. He does not want Ukraine to become part of NATO, because if it did, Western missiles would be stationed there aimed at Moscow.
The Yanks must butt out. It's for the EU to give the necessary assurances and to de-escalate the situation. But there you go: the US and UK love their wars.

Dave

Post by Dave »

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:01 am
Guest wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:40 pm
DaKardii wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:37 pm

It was under Nursultan that Kazakhstan joined the CSTO. A literal military alliance with Russia. It was also under Nursultan that Kazakhstan joined the Eurasian Economic Union, which basically cannot function without Russian membership.

Color revolutions ALWAYS start off as organic unrest based on existing grievances. They then become color revolutions because outside forces exploit those grievances to their own advantage.

You're definitely right that we have no natural interests in the region. But the consensus among so-called "geopolitical experts" is that we need to copy the British Empire and wage our own version of the "Great Game." Why? Because they think if we control Central Asia, we control the world? Why? Because Heartland Theory.

That may be true, but it isn't in our interests to protect them. Also, our NATO membership is arguably unconstitutional because Article V could be used as a pretext to enter an armed conflict without a Congressional declaration of war.
That’s a modern equivalent of what they said about Poland in 1939. Great stuff!
Russians can remember their history, and how the West cannot trusted. Let's recall that of the deaths in WW2, Russia's was the greatest at nearly 27 million, nearly 50% of the total number of deaths. What price do you pay for defending your country? We in the West congratulate ourselves on the victory, but let's not fool ourselves: without Russia's sacrifice, the war wouldn't have been won without nuclear weapons.
Post-Brexit, we see geopolitics through the lens of American hegemony. We have cut our ties with our closest partner, the EU. So now we have firmly allied our foreign policies with those of Uncle Sam. A caution comes from the DT's adversary, the Guardian:
We, in the UK, are becoming increasingly involved in the dispute, being the slaves of the Americans that we are. Our involvements in the Middle East as the American side-kick, brought about nothing good, yet our bereaved families mourn the deaths of their loved-ones, who were part of the British troops sucked into America's war on the Middle East. Ukraine is not our problem, either. Neither for that matter is it America's. It is the EU's problem.
Our Vlad is playing his chess game masterfully. Full marks to him. What would he do with an invaded Ukraine where most of the population would be hostile to his invasion? Clearly, the troops amassed at the border are there as a bargaining chip. He does not want Ukraine to become part of NATO, because if it did, Western missiles would be stationed there aimed at Moscow.
The Yanks must butt out. It's for the EU to give the necessary assurances and to de-escalate the situation. But there you go: the US and UK love their wars.
Which country invaded Georgia in 2010 over something or other, annexed Crimea in 2014, started the war in the Donbass, and shot down the Malaysian airliner the same year? Answers on a postcard please….

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:01 am

NATO could position nuclear missiles in Estonia. They would be just as close, or closer, to Russia than any potential weapons stationed in the Ukraine. This is therefore a false argument.

Russia of old, then the USSR, always had an unloving population in the Ukraine. It will deal with it in the future as it did in the past. Total terror and deportations to Siberia.

Russia has always dominated Ukraine in the past, and wishes to do so again, for prestige, for the resources, and for the industry. Plus the strategic position, which provides a wide front into the southern and weaker border of NATO.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Russia also helped build the military Hitler turned on them. They sold them enormous amounts of raw materials, chiefly oil, that would have crippled Germany had these shipments not been made. One of the reasons Germany was dominant early in the war was Soviet support. Had it just been a non-aggression pact and not Stalin hoping the two sides would exhaust each other, they would not have been in any position to strike.

Would it have been won without the Soviet Union? Probably, but it would have taken longer and been bloodier for the Western Allies. German soldiers were far more willing to surrender to the U.S. and Britain than the Red Army.

Zoomer go Brr

Post by Zoomer go Brr »

West won’t do anything except sanctions, aid, and strong words when Russia annexes parts of Ukraine because the current administration and people have no stomach for a war. This will embolden China and we will likely see their annexation of Taiwan attempted. How the US reacts will be interesting, but don’t be surprised if Taiwan is offered up for appeasement. The US under both parties has watched Russia and China take what they want in small pieces and done nothing (Crimea, Georgia, South China Sea, Hong Kong).