Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FullMoon

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FullMoon »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:26 am
FullMoon wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:00 am
John wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:45 pm
August 8th, 2022, Monday

China's military drills were supposed to end on August 7th, but they're continuing today. in the meantime Taiwan is now running its own military bills. what can possibly go wrong?
It's getting very close to the time when this issue will be resolved. And both sides now realize that peaceful reunification has been abandoned.
China will do as they've promised because it's their mandate to rule the nation. We'll see if these exercises have given them enough confidence, and equally important whether they have the time to wait for a more opportune moment. The longer that they prolong these exercises, the higher the chances of it occuring this season. They're pushing the limits at present and waiting. Unlike Russia, they don't want any dialogue.
The length of the exercises doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to an invasion. You need to look at the other things going on. Are troops being concentrated in ports? Are RO/ROs and amphibious warfare ships moving to ports? Are aircraft and naval ships getting last minute maintenance done? Is China stocking up on imports that come by sea? Those signal actual intentions whereas exercises don't.
It's a naval blockade rehearsal?

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

FullMoon wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:42 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:
FullMoon wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:00 am

It's getting very close to the time when this issue will be resolved. And both sides now realize that peaceful reunification has been abandoned.
China will do as they've promised because it's their mandate to rule the nation. We'll see if these exercises have given them enough confidence, and equally important whether they have the time to wait for a more opportune moment. The longer that they prolong these exercises, the higher the chances of it occuring this season. They're pushing the limits at present and waiting. Unlike Russia, they don't want any dialogue.
The length of the exercises doesn't necessarily mean anything in regards to an invasion. You need to look at the other things going on. Are troops being concentrated in ports? Are RO/ROs and amphibious warfare ships moving to ports? Are aircraft and naval ships getting last minute maintenance done? Is China stocking up on imports that come by sea? Those signal actual intentions whereas exercises don't.
I'm not stating this is what is going on, but I will share my experience in the Gulf War. Our division commander (24th ID) had all of us go up on a ridgeline and watch for hours as our artillery pummeled positions. This was after more than 30 days of air bombardment. All, we were told, to reassure us that our weapons and tactics were superior and to help assuage our fears as young, inexperienced grunts. Perhaps China is taking a similar tact and showing their troops their firepower to help assuage their fears.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

thomasglee wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:21 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:42 am
Xeraphim1 wrote:

I'm not stating this is what is going on, but I will share my experience in the Gulf War. Our division commander (24th ID) had all of us go up on a ridgeline and watch for hours as our artillery pummeled positions. This was after more than 30 days of air bombardment. All, we were told, to reassure us that our weapons and tactics were superior and to help assuage our fears as young, inexperienced grunts. Perhaps China is taking a similar tact and showing their troops their firepower to help assuage their fears.
John has been forecasting this period of time since donkey carts were used in downtown Beijing streets. I remember the peasants bringing produce onto market on them, hardly two decades ago. I think he considers us on the brink. And it's pretty obvious now as opposed to back then.

John

Post by John »

Tuesday August 9th, 2022

invasion or blockade?

general Jack Keane, interviewed on Fox news, says that he considers a an invasion of Taiwan to be less likely than an alternative. the alternative is to do what China is doing now - a total blockade of Taiwan.

with Taiwan completely blockaded, the ideal outcome from China's point of view would be Taiwan surrendering without a shot. more likely, it would be Taiwan or Ally that fires the first shot. either way, China would not be firing the first shot.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

invasion or blockade?

general Jack Keane, interviewed on Fox news, says that he considers a an invasion of Taiwan to be less likely than an alternative. the alternative is to do what China is doing now - a total blockade of Taiwan.

with Taiwan completely blockaded, the ideal outcome from China's point of view would be Taiwan surrendering without a shot. more likely, it would be Taiwan or Ally that fires the first shot. either way, China would not be firing the first shot.
Isn't a blockade an Act of War?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

CBS Censors Own Documentary After Ukraine Outraged
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
MONDAY, AUG 08, 2022 - 04:25 PM
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ne-missing

Ukrainian resistance grows in Russian-occupied areas
By YURAS KARMANAU and HANNA ARHIROVA
today
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... 11154e0cba

China Extends Taiwan Drills, Says It Is Training Under “Real War Conditions”
By ZeroHedge - Aug 08, 2022, 1:00 PM CDT
https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Intern ... tions.html

Russia Halts US Inspections of Its Nuclear Arsenals
Tuesday August 09, 2022
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/russi ... d/1082253/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Keane another neocon type that thinks that the Russians are an enemy, and the US is somehow sane, treating Russia as if it's Rocky IV and America is the good guy - after its deep state steals elections, raids former presidents residences, lets the FBI lie cheat and steal, imprison American patriots who care about human rights, inject americans with bioweapons, etc

how at this point does any american not think its government is an enemy of the people? It's an honest question that exposes most of the forum members here

And no, that doesn't mean others are good guys. It just means they aren't as bad as the shilling people say they are

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:42 pm
Keane another neocon type that thinks that the Russians are an enemy, and the US is somehow sane, treating Russia as if it's Rocky IV and America is the good guy - after its deep state steals elections, raids former presidents residences, lets the FBI lie cheat and steal, imprison American patriots who care about human rights, inject americans with bioweapons, etc

how at this point does any american not think its government is an enemy of the people? It's an honest question that exposes most of the forum members here

And no, that doesn't mean others are good guys. It just means they aren't as bad as the shilling people say they are
Everyone is part of a group, within a nation. If you live long enough to experience other nations within them, then it's something that becomes clearer in your mind. Your writing this like a spoiled millennial with limited experience abroad. The good news is that we're reaching peak corruption and depravity, which we call the crisis period. Now we get blow off top and some period of hardship before people become good again. If you're in this site you might be persuaded to consider it a cycle. A regular and predictable cycle. Perhaps this is a cycle within a larger cycle and it becomes epic.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Cool Breeze wrote:
after its deep state steals elections, raids former presidents residences, lets the FBI lie cheat and steal, imprison American patriots who care about human rights, inject americans with bioweapons, etc

Coolie, I think most people on this board believe in the deep state in some form, and are very unhappy with "domestic government developments."
But we're not (yet) actively killing dissidents (although I'm sure they'd like to), putting people in labor camps, or trying to shell countries into oblivion for the crime of existing and not thinking like we do. Our ONLY hope is to unify as Americans, all races and religions, but we have to rally around TRADITIONAL WESTERN VALUES, because that's what made us the great nation we became. That is the demonstrated recipe for greatness in a nation. We have gotten away from those values, and we are paying the price.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:07 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
after its deep state steals elections, raids former presidents residences, lets the FBI lie cheat and steal, imprison American patriots who care about human rights, inject americans with bioweapons, etc

Coolie, I think most people on this board believe in the deep state in some form, and are very unhappy with "domestic government developments."
But we're not (yet) actively killing dissidents (although I'm sure they'd like to), putting people in labor camps, or trying to shell countries into oblivion for the crime of existing and not thinking like we do. Our ONLY hope is to unify as Americans, all races and religions, but we have to rally around TRADITIONAL WESTERN VALUES, because that's what made us the great nation we became. That is the demonstrated recipe for greatness in a nation. We have gotten away from those values, and we are paying the price.
I agree that after each crisis the best of the old traditional western values are retained. But in each crisis, the environment and technology change. New problems arise. A few values are updated. See my own thread.