Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FullMoon

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FullMoon »

Willfully obtuse is a good description. And yes, letting him babble on without comment is probably a good idea. Some people just can't let go of erroneous viewpoints and instead accuse others of the faults they clearly embody.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:58 am
Willfully obtuse is a good description. And yes, letting him babble on without comment is probably a good idea. Some people just can't let go of erroneous viewpoints and instead accuse others of the faults they clearly embody.
Exactly.

Re: Oppression

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:09 am
Guest wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:54 am
Uh, Bob, America has changed beyond all recognition. I graduated from a military college; I have always managed to land good jobs. What I have noticed is how much America has degraded around me. Open borders and wokery has failed completely. I had to buy a beach house with own money, unlike the house your parents gave you. You have had it easy. When you get to hell, they will explain it to you. Until then, continue to wallow in your brain fog.
The way I see the Red mind set, the white protestants have always been dominant. Other races can always be oppressed, black people lynched, native lands stolen, asian women denied visas, jobs denied to Irishmen, etc. Protestant values can always be forced on other cultures. All some people want is to be able to continue the traditional oppression. Crisis by crisis, this keeps getting harder to do, resulting in much wailing, complaint and lawlessness.

I agree that immigration is a problem. Well before I inherited the beach house, I bought the place I rent now with my own money. The complaints I have are not about my problems, which I can generally take care of myself (excepting the brain tumor). Get a good education and a good job, you are OK. My parents, siblings, nephew and niece have repeated the process, so it is not about what generation you are in. The problems grow from my old Christian morality, that one is supposed to love one’s neighbor, to speak up and fight oppression. Many do not do that. They would rather oppress and control.

But if you want to continue to oppress people, they will push back. If hell were more than a myth, I could see these people there.
Enjoy Hell, Bob. You've earned it.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Kremlin: British Participation In Nord Stream Attack Will Not Go Unretaliated
By Charles Kennedy - Nov 01, 2022, 11:00 AM CDT
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Gene ... iated.html

Russia’s Leadership Is In Trouble As Inevitable Economic Mobilization Looms
By The Jamestown Foundation - Nov 01, 2022, 12:00 PM CDT
https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Intern ... Looms.html

North Korea Launches 23 Missiles, Triggering Air-Raid Alarm in South
November 2, 2022in News
https://dnyuz.com/2022/11/02/north-kore ... -in-south/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Bob Butler

Re: Two Worldviews in Conflict

Post by Bob Butler »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:44 am
I'm not going to try to convert you to any particular world view nor am I going to detail the specific differences between the two ends of the spectrum.

What I will say is that you have a childish view of the differences of right/left and don't seem the see any of the flaws or excesses of the left.

So be it. I won't bother you any more because I don't have time for the willfully obtuse.
Likely wise not to try to convert me. Values change only when they have totally failed the holder. Hiroshima changing Japan is one example. However, I do not consider equality, freedom and rule of law childish. I consider them American. They are the core of the West.

But I find the inability of conservatives to defend their worldview interesting. They either fall back into personal attacks or walk away silent. If equality, freedom and rule of law are childish, can anyone pretend to present anything that isn’t?

Higgenbotham

Re: Oppression

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Get a good education and a good job, you are OK. My parents, siblings, nephew and niece have repeated the process, so it is not about what generation you are in.
What is your point?

Are you saying that if everyone gets a good education and a good job, everyone will be OK? Or does that advice just apply to some people?

The reason I ask is not everyone can get a good education, if by good education you mean a college education. Also, the economy would not function if everyone got a college education and got a job that required a college education, as most jobs do not require one.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

utahbob

Post by utahbob »

If you want to see how the PLA plans to take Taiwan, just look at their own video. Here are stills from the video with commentary. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1574 ... 49857.html

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

utahbob wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:57 pm
If you want to see how the PLA plans to take Taiwan, just look at their own video. Here are stills from the video with commentary. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1574 ... 49857.html
Thanks for the link! They will be massing and boarding ship to the North and potentially covering it as a training mission is what I learned from the video. And they won't be going to the beaches but right into port. So the advanced notice for when they embark on attack won't be clear until it's basically already underway.

Bob Butler

Planning a life path

Post by Bob Butler »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:56 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Get a good education and a good job, you are OK. My parents, siblings, nephew and niece have repeated the process, so it is not about what generation you are in.
What is your point?

Are you saying that if everyone gets a good education and a good job, everyone will be OK? Or does that advice just apply to some people?

The reason I ask is not everyone can get a good education, if by good education you mean a college education. Also, the economy would not function if everyone got a college education and got a job that required a college education, as most jobs do not require one.
A valid point. There are degrees (liberal arts, philosophy) which do not lead directly to a good job. The major result of getting such a degree is student debt. There are jobs that do not require degrees. There are even a few degrees that would get you a good job, but there are more people with such degrees than there are jobs. My niece got an oceanic degree, and had years of struggle in jobs unrelated to her major before she made the right connections. Yet my cousin made it as a philosophy professor.

A student who does not select an education that leads to required skills openly sought in employment is asking for it. This is not really a political flaw, but a problem in setting your life goals. The problem is more colleges seeking to expand and increase profit, not really focused on the needs of the students.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

And the central, expanding government that caused the increase in school loans/debt, the bish never talks about. Amazing, he can't discern cause and effect. How novel!