Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Rapist

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:54 pm
Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:48 pm
Curious, what has Trump said that indicates he's a rapist?
It isn't what he said. (Did I forget to include liar?) It is what the court case resolved.
Which exact court case?

FullMoon

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FullMoon »

Maybe we could have a new thread started about the 24' election. It's already starting to bog down this Forum. And we know that nobody is going to change their mind or start thinking rationally about a purely emotional subject.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Chinese Maritime Militia Swarms Second Thomas Shoal as Manila Mulls Contingency Plans
As a result of these concerns, as well as incidents over the last week that saw damage to Philippine vessels, Powell told USNI News that Washington and Manila need to define what constitutes an attack as well as how to properly respond to these escalating Chinese actions.

“The Philippines and the U.S. are going to have to start having some very direct conversations about what constitutes an “armed attack” on a public vessel, and make sure they communicate clearly to Beijing how close China is coming to triggering far more serious consequences,” said Powell.

Powell emphasized that without an adequate response, China will think that “it has more room to escalate than it does.”

“The lack of tangible consequences for its recent aggression is an invitation to more aggression.”Chinese Maritime Militia Swarms Second Thomas Shoal as Manilla Mulls Contingency Plans

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

https://www.newsweek.com/china-warns-ph ... ea-1853787
China Warns US Ally About Its 'Red Line'

"For this, the US should weigh up carefully and not get burnt by playing with fire," said Chinese nationalistic tabloid the Global Times in an editorial this month, adding that the Philippines should be cautious about not becoming "a victim to be exploited."

The Times cited a Chinese professor who said that Philippine policymakers had "seriously misjudged the situation" in their efforts to pressure China and that Washington and Tokyo will throw the Philippines under the bus "when necessary."
The Red Menace is trying to make the US appear to be an untrustworthy ally for the Taiwanese. They've got an election coming up which is probably more important than the shitshow circus in the US. They've gotten lots of missiles into strategic waterways in the ME to tie up the USN.

Bob Butler

Trump Rape Case

Post by Bob Butler »

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:34 pm
Maybe we could have a new thread started about the 24' election.
Seconded,

John

Post by John »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:10 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Seconded,

How would you feel about using your Polyticks thread for that purpose?

Bob Butler

Enough threads = cloth?

Post by Bob Butler »

John wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:31 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:10 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Seconded,
How would you feel about using your Polyticks thread for that purpose?
Ambiguous. This thread and Polyticks are supposed to be for our own two perspectives. This thread has expanded into general purpose, but I don't know what can be done about that. Perhaps a 2024 elections thread belongs in the Weblog News Comments and Discussions section.

I also believe we are touching on the Fox News - Dominion lawsuit. Fox deliberately made more money by knowingly lying to their audience. They deliberately broadcast what their audience wanted to hear. (As Murdoch said in the Fox - Dominion discovery, it is not about red and blue, it is about the green.) As a result, a large part of the country has a perspective based on lies. The Fox hosts hated the Trump front people like Guliani, but pretended to be friends to get audience share. Convincing someone focused on these lies as truth is nigh on impossible. That I believe is one the centers of the liberal - conservative clash. Trump's status as a rapist / not rapist is only a single element among many. Too many are locked into a false perspective.

Another center is the instinct to hate, oppress, and kill the different, and how it merges with the territorial instinct and fascist philosophy of war and race hated. Still, that is me, and perhaps does belong in Polyticks.

Not sure. Perhaps the 2024 election and worldview clash discussion each deserve their own threads. One problem is that the worldview clash discussion usually turns rapidly into personal attacks on people you disagree with. It is easier to attack the guy with a different way of looking at things than consider how much you are being lied to.

jjjk

Post by jjjk »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:09 pm
The best medicine Bish will ever get is Trump becoming president again. Stop talking to him. He's a communist. That's what DEI is, advancing the incompetent and degenerates to control society and have "equity".

It doesn't even matter at this point, the US is done and we're just waving our hands in the final days - whether that's 10 more or 30 more years.
Sad but true. I am only middle-aged, but I wish I were much older, then I could have enjoyed life to the fullest. The only thing I can see lying ahead of me is Mexifornian violent crime, corruption, disease, failed western states, and misery.

jjjk

Post by jjjk »

FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:37 pm
Chinese Maritime Militia Swarms Second Thomas Shoal as Manila Mulls Contingency Plans
As a result of these concerns, as well as incidents over the last week that saw damage to Philippine vessels, Powell told USNI News that Washington and Manila need to define what constitutes an attack as well as how to properly respond to these escalating Chinese actions.

“The Philippines and the U.S. are going to have to start having some very direct conversations about what constitutes an “armed attack” on a public vessel, and make sure they communicate clearly to Beijing how close China is coming to triggering far more serious consequences,” said Powell.

Powell emphasized that without an adequate response, China will think that “it has more room to escalate than it does.”

“The lack of tangible consequences for its recent aggression is an invitation to more aggression.”Chinese Maritime Militia Swarms Second Thomas Shoal as Manilla Mulls Contingency Plans
Gordon Chang was interviewed by Forbes YT and said its not Taiwan, but the Philippines where the war will probably breakout. A 1951 treaty obliges the US to defend the Philippines.