Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FullMoon

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by FullMoon »

John wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:31 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:10 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:34 pm
Maybe we could have a new thread started about the 24' election.
Seconded,

How would you feel about using your Polyticks thread for that purpose?
Just a new thread in Weblog News and Commentary.

Although I think it might overshadow anything of real importance or significance. But who doesn't love gossip and speculation about political figures anyway? With this generation we've got at the helm, it's sad to see they prefer to squabble as the ship sinks. Their priorities have never really been where their parents would have preferred.

John

Post by John »

FullMoon wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:17 pm
John wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:31 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:10 pm

Seconded,

How would you feel about using your Polyticks thread for that purpose?
Just a new thread in Weblog News and Commentary.

Although I think it might overshadow anything of real importance or significance. But who doesn't love gossip and speculation about political figures anyway? With this generation we've got at the helm, it's sad to see they prefer to squabble as the ship sinks. Their priorities have never really been where their parents would have preferred.

The new thread is in the Politics sub-forum.

https://gdxforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6313

Guest 2

Post by Guest 2 »

Cities and towns being overrun with homeless and drug addicts, a southern border being invaded by third world refuse and inflation run wild. Let’s throw in rampant, in-your-face political corruption to seal the deal. All of these things scream collapse.

spottybrowncow

Re: Bias

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:20 pm

In the Carroll case there are New York legal definitions of sexual assault and rape. The judge from the bench proclaimed the either act would be understood as rape in commonly used language.

If you are counting on that degree of weasel wording to make your point, the insult is very much deserved. Fox lied. Trump raped.
To publicly call someone a rapist without at least a criminal conviction (and even that is not an absolute, as few of these cases involve real proof)
destroys the credibility of the accuser.
Looks like someone else lied.
AGAIN.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:36 am
Bob Butler wrote:

In the Carroll case there are New York legal definitions of sexual assault and rape. The judge from the bench proclaimed the either act would be understood as rape in commonly used language.

If you are counting on that degree of weasel wording to make your point, the insult is very much deserved. Fox lied. Trump raped.
To publicly call someone a rapist without at least a criminal conviction (and even that is not an absolute, as few of these cases involve real proof)
AGAIN.
I suppose you think you know better than the judge in the case?

Post by Guest »

different guest wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:31 pm
America is collapsing and now the knives have come out.

Multiculturalism doesn't work. Most of the world is made up of non-white ethno-states, and all of them, except for the Asians, are failed states.

Liberal Jews have been proponents of Multiculturalism for over a hundred years, and now its biting into them. How could Jews not see this coming? Black antisemitism is not new. I remember how strong it was in the early 1980s when I was in school. I also remember how openly racist Jews were towards Arabs. A lot of Jews were also hated black people. The liberal Jew was not the norm by the 1980s. Still, a large segment of the Jews kept pushing open borders and multi-racial insanity. Who dominates the Ivy League? :roll: Whose fault is all of this extreme leftist behavior at Harvard?

I was never the one to bother with endless talking in circles about black, Jewish, liberalism, etc. and avoided the conversation all together. But, i knew it would all come to this one day.

One day is now here.

I can't believe the Jews didn't see this coming. i really can't. What a bunch of dimwits.
It is maddening that donors and alums at Harvard only really woke up when the anti-white, anti-Asian, anti-oppressor animus came for the Jews, but it’s a moment of reckoning nonetheless.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:07 am
different guest wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:31 pm
America is collapsing and now the knives have come out.

Multiculturalism doesn't work. Most of the world is made up of non-white ethno-states, and all of them, except for the Asians, are failed states.

Liberal Jews have been proponents of Multiculturalism for over a hundred years, and now its biting into them. How could Jews not see this coming? Black antisemitism is not new. I remember how strong it was in the early 1980s when I was in school. I also remember how openly racist Jews were towards Arabs. A lot of Jews were also hated black people. The liberal Jew was not the norm by the 1980s. Still, a large segment of the Jews kept pushing open borders and multi-racial insanity. Who dominates the Ivy League? :roll: Whose fault is all of this extreme leftist behavior at Harvard?

I was never the one to bother with endless talking in circles about black, Jewish, liberalism, etc. and avoided the conversation all together. But, i knew it would all come to this one day.

One day is now here.

I can't believe the Jews didn't see this coming. i really can't. What a bunch of dimwits.
It is maddening that donors and alums at Harvard only really woke up when the anti-white, anti-Asian, anti-oppressor animus came for the Jews, but it’s a moment of reckoning nonetheless.
From Andrew Sullivan's substack (of which i am a paying member.)
The Gay Science
Watching Harvard president Claudine Gay twist in the wind has not been an edifying spectacle. You’d be inhuman not to feel for her. But it is now inescapably clear that, in her parsimonious and unremarkable publications, she violated Harvard’s own student standards on what Harvard now (hilariously) calls “duplicative language” and the NYT calls “insufficient citation.” She couldn’t even come up with her own phrases in an acknowledgment! Her sins are not the most egregious type of plagiarism, but they cannot be excused by saying, as the Harvard Corporation does, that they were unintentional. While it’s lovely to see a CRT-based institution recognize intent as a valid category — try that on the pomo left! — the rules forbid plagiarism among students “whether you do it intentionally or not.” For Harvard faculty, however, we have found out that the standard is lower! You can commit the sin students get expelled for, as long as it does not rise to the level of “research misconduct,” and you didn’t mean to rip someone else off. That’s how Gay has escaped accountability.

You might imagine that the actual president of Harvard should have an unimpeachable scholarly record. She is the public face of the entire place, after all. You might imagine that a person with these red flags in her own work would have been selected only after a thorough review of alternatives. But nah. She was appointed in record speed, and is now being defended by Harvard, even if it costs billions of dollars of donor money.

Why? We all know why. Her real qualifications are her sex and race and ideology. None of that has changed, so Harvard sees no reason to discipline her. (A plagiarizing president in South Carolina resigned over much less.) Marinated in privilege, this Exeter alum’s primary focus as dean and now president has been finding ways to marginalize and discriminate against “oppressor” groups at Harvard. Her entire academic career, such as it is, has been rooted in this successor ideology. Last year she led an effort to “dename” any “space, program, or other entity” deemed racist. Even after Harvard was busted for anti-Asian discrimination this year, she insisted that DEI would remain. What matters at Harvard, we are now being emphatically told, is not intellectual inquiry, nor free thought, nor academic excellence, let alone “Veritas” — but the making of a new racialized and radicalized elite.

It is maddening that donors and alums only really woke up when the anti-white, anti-Asian, anti-oppressor animus came for the Jews, but it’s a moment of reckoning nonetheless. And it isn’t that new — this preference for religious orthodoxy over intellectual inquiry. Harvard was founded by Puritans to inculcate religion in the first place, and for centuries, focused on training an elite in theology, even as it protected the liberal arts. From 1810 until 1933, for example, every Harvard president was a Unitarian, and several of them were ministers. Gay’s adherence to the religion of critical theory is in some ways a reboot of this illiberal past.

But it is a more draconian and intolerant religion. Heretics are on notice. It’s telling that, as dean, Gay actually tried to revoke tenure for one of the most brilliant black professors at Harvard, Roland Fryer, in part because his research violated the religion’s tenets. When another black professor, Ronald Sullivan, joined the legal team for Harvey Weinstein, Gay orchestrated his removal as dean and lied about it. She also publicly scolded him for not taking a “pastoral role” with the students upset over a loathsome client getting legal counsel.

Harvard’s transformation is best illustrated by comparing a previous president, Larry Summers, with Gay. She has published eleven articles, half of which contained plagiarized material. Summers had published six books and well over 100 articles when he become president. But he was forced to resign, in part, because he railed against grade inflation and because he told the truth about minor sex differences in math aptitude among the extremely smart and extremely dumb. Harvard pushed him out, in other words, for upholding Harvard’s own motto, Veritas. “I would like nothing better than to be proved wrong,” Summers said. But proving something right or wrong is no longer Harvard’s defining principle. Social Justice is their guide, even if it means outright lying, suppression of facts, and the shutting down of debate.

When you contemplate how Harvard condescended to Gay, you can begin to imagine how even more condescending they are to members of other “oppressed” groups when they’re just regular students? Almost everyone gets an A or A-, so we’ll never know. But what the Gay episode proves beyond doubt is that a Harvard degree is no longer a reliable mark of excellence. It’s now simply a marker for ideological conformity, and being the correct race and sex. That’s why Claudine Gay is a near-perfect pick as president; and why Harvard will lie, euphemize and prevaricate further to avoid the ugly truth of what they have become.

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:01 am
spottybrowncow wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:36 am
Bob Butler wrote:

AGAIN.
For always offended Butler...

“Those who are determined to be ‘offended’ will discover a provocation somewhere. We cannot possibly adjust enough to please the fanatics, and it is degrading to make the attempt,” - Christopher Hitchens.

spottybrowncow

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:01 am

Without question I know better than the judge in this particular case.

Have you ever tried actually THINKING for yourself? Ever heard of a thing called the "Socratic ideal?" Or are you content to believe what your carefully-siloed echo chambers all say is true?

From time to time, I read the trash that you probably consume exclusively (most recently 2 days ago about 20 pieces in MSNBC and CNN), just to make sure they haven't changed. They never do. It's still garbage. I'm left wondering how intelligent people could believe that crap. Huge volumes of opinions masquerading as news. And of course, most of it's written at the 6th grade level.

True conservatives expose themselves to all viewpoints, apply their critical thinking skills, then apply a "likelihood of being true" rating to everything.
That's why we're more grounded in reality than liberals.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ngerous-we

SF Guest

Post by SF Guest »

I realize that inside the Beltway it may be harder to make an intellectual case, rather than the visceral emotional case, for Trump as the lesser of two evils. However, from a distance, it seems clearer each week that we citizens face the choice between the petty tyranny of Trump and the totalitarian tyranny of an ever-more insular elite. (I can’t really say Biden, because it’s clear he isn’t directing this amorphous force.)

Trump is a deeply flawed narcissist who demands servile loyalty from those in power close to him, but the perception from here in SF is that he doesn’t care what the rest of us do. However, his opponents demand obedience from the rest of us, and appear willing to discard the First Amendment and all limits on government power in the effort to compel conformity from even the powerless and apolitical. Also, the elites will so viscerally resist Trump that it seems impossible he could co-opt and wield the power of the new censorship regime the elite has created.

Furthermore, SF’s recent clean-up for Xi’s APEC visit demonstrated that our elites prioritize other elites — even the dictator of a strategic competitor — and they really don’t care about ordinary citizens. This was emphatically not lost on us, including lifelong Democrats who are re-thinking their loyalties. Trump at least professes to care about ordinary citizens, while his competitors ignore and insult us.