Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Navigator

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Navigator »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:53 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:40 pm
I used to check out this message forum now and then to get solid news and analysis on current geopolitical events from John and a few others.

Bob Butler and his insane, ridiculous posts have made the forum unreadable.
Sadly, I must agree. I started frequenting this site about 10 years ago, because, like many visitors, I saw something unique and genuine, primarily in John's daily summations of world news. Other contributors, I'll mention Navigator and Higgie, but there have been many others, have made very substantial contributions to the truly learned dialogue here over the years. FWIW, I have contributed several thousand dollars over the last few years to support this site, because I perceived it as delivering great value. With John's declining vigor, and the aforesaid individual's persistence in trolling and filling the forum with incomprehensible nonsense, I don't think it delivers great value any more. God bless you John and Navi and Higgie (and others, you know who you are), you and we have fought the good fight, but things are deteriorating. Truly, the left destroys everything it touches.
As FullMoon pointed out just before this, the site is increasingly Bob and CoolBreeze posts, and both are off on extremes. Bob seems to live here now. CoolBreeze probably has to work somewhere, so he isn't posting quite as often. I can't post as much as I used to, but I should try and do more.

The point FullMoon was making, I think (don't want to put words in his mouth), is that the extremes are both wrong. I personally am neither a liberal anti-theist, nor an anti-semite Putin lover. As I have posted before, I do not support Trump or Biden. I am with the 70% of the US electorate that wishes neither were on the ballot for President.

I believe that everything is in place for the next great disaster. It is not a matter of IF, but WHEN. And that WHEN is increasingly close. It could happen tomorrow or it could hold off for a year or two, but I seriously doubt it will be that long.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

John wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:51 pm
** 28-Jan-2024 World View: Today

I'm suddenly feeling pretty sick and
will probably have to g back to the
hospital, so I want to make the effort
to try to post a few thoughts.

There are lots of people I need to
thank, but here I can only name a
couple. Spotty and Navigator have
provided both financial and emotional
support, at times when I really needed
it. Navigator's book on preparing for
the coming storms was an amazing piece
of work, and anyone who would like to
try to survive the next ten years should
read it. I also want to thank Higgie
for agreeing to take over moderating the
forum if I can't.

I want to thank DT subscriber for
re-posting my previous analysis of th
Denocrats' attempted coup, which now
appears to have failed. It would also
be useful to dig up my posts on "The
Next Ten Years," and re-post them.
I hope you feel better soon John! You have done a lot to contribute to our understanding of what is going on in the world. I started reading your material regularly on Brietbart and then your excellent books. This forum has provided a way for many of us to contribute, and, most importantly, to help each other prepare for what is coming.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Navigator wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:12 pm
spottybrowncow wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:53 pm
Guest wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:40 pm
I used to check out this message forum now and then to get solid news and analysis on current geopolitical events from John and a few others.

Bob Butler and his insane, ridiculous posts have made the forum unreadable.
Sadly, I must agree. I started frequenting this site about 10 years ago, because, like many visitors, I saw something unique and genuine, primarily in John's daily summations of world news. Other contributors, I'll mention Navigator and Higgie, but there have been many others, have made very substantial contributions to the truly learned dialogue here over the years. FWIW, I have contributed several thousand dollars over the last few years to support this site, because I perceived it as delivering great value. With John's declining vigor, and the aforesaid individual's persistence in trolling and filling the forum with incomprehensible nonsense, I don't think it delivers great value any more. God bless you John and Navi and Higgie (and others, you know who you are), you and we have fought the good fight, but things are deteriorating. Truly, the left destroys everything it touches.
As FullMoon pointed out just before this, the site is increasingly Bob and CoolBreeze posts, and both are off on extremes. Bob seems to live here now. CoolBreeze probably has to work somewhere, so he isn't posting quite as often. I can't post as much as I used to, but I should try and do more.

The point FullMoon was making, I think (don't want to put words in his mouth), is that the extremes are both wrong. I personally am neither a liberal anti-theist, nor an anti-semite Putin lover. As I have posted before, I do not support Trump or Biden. I am with the 70% of the US electorate that wishes neither were on the ballot for President.

I believe that everything is in place for the next great disaster. It is not a matter of IF, but WHEN. And that WHEN is increasingly close. It could happen tomorrow or it could hold off for a year or two, but I seriously doubt it will be that long.
That's why I rarely go onto this forum anymore. There are occasional thoughtful posts, from you and a couple others, but far too much mindless ranting. The sad thing is, we're heading toward the final crisis at full speed, but the best we've got is a couple of corrupt old men, one of whom is showing signs of senility.

We've got two of the dominoes falling, in Ukraine and Yemen, and at this point, I agree that the final one isn't going to be long. From our enemies' perspective, it's the perfect opportunity to attack. China's both desperate and extremely arrogant; that's a dangerous combination. If you want to know how our ancestors could be so blind to Hitler's intentions in the 1930s, well, we're getting our answer right now.

i hope you recover soon, John, and thank you for all the work you've done here.

Post by Guest »

The liberals promised us a liberal Star Trek woke future; instead, they have given us technological and societal regression.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Prayer for you, John.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Post by John »

** 29-Jan-2024 World View: John visits Higgie's Dark Age Hovel

So, on Sunday I was pretty sick and they
sent me to MGH. There, they stuck me
with multiple very painful needles and
IVs that failed repeatedly, and left me
screaming. Finally, they got the blood
sample they needed, and diagnosed a UTI.
By evening, they decided to give me an
antibiotic and send me back to the
nursing home (Courtyard Nursing Care
Center in Medford). I was lying on a
bed in the hallway of the emergency
room, and I fell asleep. I woke up at
midnight, and the nurse told me that
they had been trying for hours to phone
the nursing home, but no one had been
answering the phone, so I would have to
spend the night on the bed in the
hallway of the emergency room.

That's when I realized that I was in
Higgie's Dark Age Hovel. The nursing
home finally answered the phone a 2 am,
and I was sent back in an ambulance with
an antibiotic prescription.

So, this morning I actually felt much
better, with most of the symptoms
alleviated. But there was one that
remained: When I turn my head from side
to side, I become very dizzy and
nauseous, and the room starts spinning.

The nurse practitioner here told he that
she believes that I have "physical
vertigo," and that she would have a
physical therapist come to visit me and
teach me some exercises that will fix
the problem. I did some online
research, and apparently this is the
Epley Maneuver, which moves various
molecules around in your head.

Whenever I have to go to the hospital, I
never know whether I'll ever be back,
but apparently this time wasn't too
serious, at least so far. Thanks to
everyone for the well wishes, and thank
you for indulging me for posting this
personal message.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

John, Glad that they were able to treat you and that you are doing much better! Here's to a full recovery!

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Iran's success in the drone attack against an American base in Jordan makes conflict with Iran ever more likely. This of course is rather stupid on the part of Iran. If they held back, the Biden admin would probably have started to cut off Israel. Now they are making themselves a common foe of Israel and US.

Of course, it is NOT stupid if the idea is to dissipate US force so that there is less to deal with China when they make their move.

And that is what I think is going on.

Right now the "Axis of Evil" is Russia/China/Iran/North Korea. Allies include Belarus, Pakistan, Hamas/Hezbollah/Houtis. [Note that recent friction between Iran and Pakistan is similar to the friction between Nazi allies Hungary and Romania - the two would frequently shoot at each other while on the same "side"]

The Russians have shown themselves to be modern day equivalent of Austria-Hungary, the once great power that couldn't defeat Serbia in the early part of WW1, and whose army basically fell apart in the first three months of that war.

I am convinced that the Russians are not "pulling out the stops" (as in going to a full war economy and raising/training European Russian units) in accordance with agreements with China (China doesn't want western military mobilization until they make their move). I think that the European intelligence agencies have figured this out and that is why they are starting to try and prepare their populations for what is coming. Though that is a loosing battle in Europe, with the exceptions of Poland, Finland and possibly Sweden.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

I'm glad you're better, John. Best of health 🙏
I am convinced that the Russians are not "pulling out the stops" (as in going to a full war economy and raising/training European Russian units) in accordance with agreements with China (China doesn't want western military mobilization until they make their move). I think that the European intelligence agencies have figured this out and that is why they are starting to try and prepare their populations for what is coming. Though that is a loosing battle in Europe, with the exceptions of Poland, Finland and possibly Sweden.
I have been thinking that the Russians got 'tricked' into their current predicament. Because you and Xeraphim said at that time that it wasn't logical and foolish. As if they could have just rolled a column of tanks down and made Kiev give in. That's what it looked like as if they didn't understand modern warfare. I was thinking they were going quickly to full mobilization of the country from what I've seen.
I'm still looking at Sino-Sunni Axis vs basically everyone else. It seems crazy because it is. But they might think they've got a chance to take the table or go down in glory. Seems crazy. But we gotta understand that they're not reasoning like we do. They've got everything to win and nothing to lose to some degree

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John, Good to see you back and to know that you got out of the Dark Age Hovel.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.