Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Navigator

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:53 pm
Trevor wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:04 pm
As for recruitment, they're able to sustain their losses, since you've got plenty of Russians in miserable poverty that see the hiring bonuses as sufficient incentive despite the risk, around 150,000 prisoners that have taken the offer of a pardon, and conscripts who see no way out of their predicament. Terrible as their manpower losses sound, it is nevertheless sustainable. A total mobilization where millions are drafted would change this dynamic and lead people with much less to lose rising up.
The true number of Russian losses is secret, perhaps even unknown to the shambolic Russian army. Russia has, at best, 7-8 million military age males. Of that number, many are drug addled, have AIDS, are alcoholic, and mentally unbalanced, not that that would keep them out of the Russian army. A huge number of Wagner PMC prisoners are HIV positive. Drug use and alcohol abuse are rampant on the front line. Russia is a country with more grandparents than teenagers; more abortions than live births! The ethnic minorities that make up a huge percentage of Russian dead have meant ethnic unrest across the country. The working class is being decimated. Who will work in Russia's factories, farms, and maintain the already poor infrastructure? Are they going to bring in poorly skilled North Koreans?

The Russian army is still handing out substandard body armor, much of it useless.

Medical care in Russian army is terrible. Many Russian soldiers have endured entirely unnecessary amputations because of poor medical treatment.

Russia is throwing tons of substandard munitions at the Ukrainians, but it has sacrificed its economy to do that much.

I have serious doubts about Russia being able to sustain any of this. Ukraine has been devastated, but so has Russia. And worse, Russia is now an isolated pariah nation. Putin is gambling that Western oil demand will bring acceptance of Ukrainian losses and normalization. I don't see that happening.

And a bullet between Putin's eyes is the quickiest way out of all of this. And the people around Putin know this. Everyone knows this.
Can't argue with any of this. Russia is in similar situation to Austria-Hungary in late 1914. And like in that situation, their "up and coming" ally (China) will support them.

On the other side, Ukraine does have problems too.

The average Ukrainian soldier is in his 40s. They are great at defending, but not good at attacking as they have families, want to live, and understand the risks inherent in attacking. So they don't press attacks (which are usually costly in terms of casualties).

Then there is the west getting tired of supporting Ukraine (which, IMHO, is certainly self-defeating), and the personnel drama in the Ukrainian high command (Zelensky about to fire his widely respected Army chief).

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:27 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:34 am
Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:59 am

Too bad there isn't any. Not even war with China would you unite us. The Latinos are a 5th column already. Don't believe me? Go on Telegram and read it for yourself.
Recent events in the news regarding conscription and the debate about it got me thinking and I started to reread what I consider to be one of the most important books on my bookshelf. Nicholas Pringle’s ‘The Unknown Warriors’.

In 2005, Pringle wrote to local papers across Britain and appealed to WW2 veterans, as well as people that lived through the war as civilians, to share their thoughts on modern Britain.

He receives hundreds of replies. And honestly, you’d be hard pressed to find a more sobering and upsetting book. The overall consensus is:
• A feeling of regret at having even bothered to fight at all
• A deep worry about what kind of country their grandchildren will inherit
• Despair at the collapse of morals and community
• Feeling like strangers in their own towns and cities
• Fear of going out at night

This was 2005.
What would they think now?

A must read. Buy this book.
I do encourage you to read this yourself. But I’ll give one example. This is part of a response submitted by an elderly woman from Sheffield. A war widow named Elsie. Sadly she’ll have passed on now, but her words and feelings remain.

Dear Mr Pringle,
Thank goodness someone wants to find out what people think of Britain today. I am a widow of Harry Formess, Royal Engineer killed in Burma. I hope you can read my writing. I’m partially blind now. My town is like foreign country to me. My feeling is that men that offered their lives have been betrayed and the dead gave their lives in vain. Most of the older people, me too, say thank goodness we are at the end of our lives. It is no longer the Britain that was fought for.
In 1945, the British Veterans of WW2 voted out Winston Churchill and voted in Clement Attlee. PM Attlee proceeded to implement the Welfare State, and effectively set Great Britain on the course it has been on ever since. BTW, Attlee is considered the one of the greatest British PMs by British academics.

shoshin

Post by shoshin »

You’re forgetting that annoying “speed bump,” Margaret Thatcher.

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Here are the details on the immigration costs. Just in case you have difficulty finding this on the FAIR site.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publicatio ... ayers-2023

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

shoshin wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:05 am
You’re forgetting that annoying “speed bump,” Margaret Thatcher.
Margaret thatcher saved Britain.

Tony Blair destroyed it.

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

Navigator wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:57 am
In 1945, the British Veterans of WW2 voted out Winston Churchill and voted in Clement Attlee. PM Attlee proceeded to implement the Welfare State, and effectively set Great Britain on the course it has been on ever since. BTW, Attlee is considered the one of the greatest British PMs by British academics.
You mean the woke crowd running Oxford right now?

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

Navigator wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Recent events in the news regarding conscription and the debate about it got me thinking and I started to reread what I consider to be one of the most important books on my bookshelf. Nicholas Pringle’s ‘The Unknown Warriors’.

In 2005, Pringle wrote to local papers across Britain and appealed to WW2 veterans, as well as people that lived through the war as civilians, to share their thoughts on modern Britain.

He receives hundreds of replies. And honestly, you’d be hard pressed to find a more sobering and upsetting book. The overall consensus is:

This was 2005.

I do encourage you to read this yourself. But I’ll give one example. This is part of a response submitted by an elderly woman from Sheffield. A war widow named Elsie. Sadly she’ll have passed on now, but her words and feelings remain.

Dear Mr Pringle,
Thank goodness someone wants to find out what people think of Britain today. I am a widow of Harry Formess, Royal Engineer killed in Burma. I hope you can read my writing. I’m partially blind now. My town is like foreign country to me. My feeling is that men that offered their lives have been betrayed and the dead gave their lives in vain. Most of the older people, me too, say thank goodness we are at the end of our lives. It is no longer the Britain that was fought for.
The masses wanted change for the better, not the betrayal of the country and oblivion. Windrush has been a disaster.
Had they known what Attlee was unleash on them, they would have kept Churchill.

Another guest

Post by Another guest »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp6ZfoHqkCo

Darién Gap difficulty | Mass migration through one of 'the most IMPENETRABLE jungles in the world'

Chinese migrants--John is right about them.

Guest on phone

Post by Guest on phone »

Another guest wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:22 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp6ZfoHqkCo

Darién Gap difficulty | Mass migration through one of 'the most IMPENETRABLE jungles in the world'

Chinese migrants--John is right about them.
If there are isolated groups of thousands of Chinese men walking into America through migrant trails, why is the American government allowing it?

Maybe Alex Jones is right?

Wouldn't that be weird... O_O

Guest on phone

Post by Guest on phone »

Navigator wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This was 2005.

Dear Mr Pringle,
Attlee won promising a welfare state. He said nothing about allowing for 3rd world migration. The British voters were duped.