Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Tim has some good info, but personally, I don't know why anyone would want to survive a full blown nuclear war. It will take a hundred years to rebuild from one, if ever. Third world countries won't ever recover. I think Higge has a better outlook, survive a year and then decide if it is worth staying alive.

John

Post by John »

** 07-Mar-2021 World View: After the war
Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:54 pm
> Tim has some good info, but personally, I don't know why anyone
> would want to survive a full blown nuclear war. It will take a
> hundred years to rebuild from one, if ever. Third world countries
> won't ever recover. I think Higge has a better outlook, survive a
> year and then decide if it is worth staying alive.
That's the wrong way of looking at it. I certainly wouldn't want to
live through a full blown nuclear war, but if you live through the war
and survive and come out the other end relatively unscathed, then in
many cases life could be quite good. There will be lots of work to do
to rebuild the world, and there will be lots of available chicks,
since usually more men than women are killed in war.

And it won't take a hundred years to rebuild. Within ten years,
things will already be looking pretty good, though primitive. After
another ten years the world will be pretty good.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:54 pm
** 07-Mar-2021 World View: Microsoft Exchange Server
Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:54 pm
> How bad is the Microsoft hack?
All that's known now is that the hack is disastrously bad.
The full extent of the damage won't be known for days or weeks.
Any organization using Microsoft Exchange Server is probably
already compromised, and there is no simple fix.

*** Tens of thousands of US organizations hit in ongoing Microsoft Exchange hack

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/03 ... ange-hack/
I expect China Joe's reaction to this to be extremely harsh and swift action against the Chinese government.

Or maybe not.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Too Busy Frontrunning Inflation, Nobody Sees the Deflationary Tsunami
https://www.oftwominds.com/blogmar21/de ... i3-21.html
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

John wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:08 pm
** 07-Mar-2021 World View: After the war
Guest wrote:
> Tim has some good info, but personally, I don't know why anyone
> would want to survive a full blown nuclear war. It will take a
> hundred years to rebuild from one, if ever. Third world countries
> won't ever recover. I think Higge has a better outlook, survive a
> year and then decide if it is worth staying alive.
That's the wrong way of looking at it. I certainly wouldn't want to
live through a full blown nuclear war, but if you live through the war
and survive and come out the other end relatively unscathed, then in
many cases life could be quite good. There will be lots of work to do
to rebuild the world, and there will be lots of available chicks,
since usually more men than women are killed in war.

And it won't take a hundred years to rebuild. Within ten years,
things will already be looking pretty good, though primitive. After
another ten years the world will be pretty good.
We are in agreement again. The broken families, loss of faith, and dysgenic population brought on by medical advances and (supporting it) the debt society/welfare state have led us to all of this insanity. The funniest part is that women will be forced to get in line in that new world, no more lying and deferring to them by the betas.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:25 am
Too Busy Frontrunning Inflation, Nobody Sees the Deflationary Tsunami
https://www.oftwominds.com/blogmar21/de ... i3-21.html
Yes, but the tsunami will be seen and they will try to "fix it" by printing into oblivion. The deflationary phase is a short window that from a trading point of view, is meaningless. Just watch. You are right, and CH Smith is too, but it means little in the end. Inflation is the only way out; with less and less growth it is clearly on tap - the demand for real assets or commodities, or CPI goods, will be tremendous.

tim

Post by tim »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:48 pm
tim wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:50 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:02 am
The quality of what you predict matters. If it is doom and gloom, again, it doesn't matter either. If this is all there is, your kids are going to the dust just like you are, FullMoon. If you don't understand that, there is nothing that can help you. And that's why faith and hope are important for humans, because there is only one who saves, and only one who defeats death. And it ain't you or your mind - or your plans. You are all witnesses against yourselves with this doomsday foolishness. If it is going to happen, and there's nothing we can do, posting here is a complete waste of time.
You are being subjective and not objective. The theory explains what is going to happen and why, it has nothing to do with the view of the individual. Its like trying to say that stating that fall will precede winter is pessimistic and we shouldn't talk about what winter will be like. Its a natural system outside of the control of any individual.

I agree with you on faith, this is the key to breaking the 80 year cycle and might save mankind.

While it is going to happen I do not think posting here is a waste of time. I enjoy reading the opinion of others and we are all in this together.
Please explain to me what "what will happen", then. That something you generally state will happen, again, means little to nothing. Without the details, I know I'm gonna die - but who cares? You have yet to answer that objection.
As I asked you before which you answered with a question - Have you read The Fourth Turning and John's book Generational Dynamics?
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

tim

Post by tim »

Guest wrote:
Tim has some good info, but personally, I don't know why anyone would want to survive a full blown nuclear war. It will take a hundred years to rebuild from one, if ever. Third world countries won't ever recover. I think Higge has a better outlook, survive a year and then decide if it is worth staying alive.
About 70,000 years ago, a massive volcanic eruption caused a human population bottleneck. Our species dropped to 3,000 - 10,000 living humans.

https://www.businessinsider.com/genetic ... ans-2016-3

We are all descended from these humans. Imagine if they had said "I'm not going to bother surviving this volcanic winter".

We have become soft as a species especially in Western countries.

I find the parallels to Calhoun's Mouse Utopia interesting.

https://fee.org/articles/john-b-calhoun ... WVjpnwH3FA
Calhoun enclosed four pairs of mice in a 9 x 4.5-foot metal pen complete with water dispensers, tunnels, food bins and nesting boxes. He provided all the food and water they needed and ensured that no predator could gain access. It was a mouse utopia.

Calhoun’s intent was to observe the effects on the mice of population density, but the experiment produced results that went beyond that. “I shall largely speak of mice, but my thoughts are on man,” he would later write in a comprehensive report.

At first, the mice did well. Their numbers doubled every 55 days. But after 600 days, with enough space to accommodate as many as another 1,600 rodents, the population peaked at 2,200 and began to decline precipitously—straight down to the extinction of the entire colony—in spite of their material needs being met with no effort required on the part of any mouse.

The turning point in this mouse utopia, Calhoun observed, occurred on Day 315 when the first signs appeared of a breakdown in social norms and structure. Aberrations included the following: females abandoning their young; males no longer defending their territory; and both sexes becoming more violent and aggressive. Deviant behavior, sexual and social, mounted with each passing day. The last thousand mice to be born tended to avoid stressful activity and focused their attention increasingly on themselves.

Jan Kubań, a personal friend of mine from Warsaw and a Polish biocybernetician, considers Calhoun’s experiment “one of the most important in human history.” He created The Physics of Life website where he elaborates on the meaning and significance of the ethologist’s work. About the final stages of the mouse utopia, Kubań writes,

Other young mice growing into adulthood exhibited an even different type of behavior. Dr. Calhoun called these individuals “the beautiful ones.” Their time was devoted solely to grooming, eating and sleeping. They never involved themselves with others, engaged in sex, nor would they fight. All appeared [outwardly] as a beautiful exhibit of the species with keen, alert eyes and a healthy, well-kept body. These mice, however, could not cope with unusual stimuli. Though they looked inquisitive, they were in fact, very stupid.

Because of the externally provided abundance of water and food, combined with zero threats from any predators, the mice never had to acquire resources on their own. The young mice never observed such actions and never learned them.
“Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; - Exodus 20:5

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:52 pm
The program argues that “white supremacy culture shows up in the classroom when the focus is on getting the ‘right’ answer” or when students are required to show their work, while stipulating that the very “concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false”. The main goal of the program is “to dismantle racism in mathematics instruction” with the expressly political aim of engaging “the sociopolitical turn in all aspects of education, including mathematics.”
How can math be racist? Math is a construct of "white supremacy"?
The program is backed financially by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
I hope Microsoft goes bankrupt.
Gates hasn't had a management role at MS for 13 years. While I can understand the MS hate, Gates isn't responsible for it anymore. And MS is arguably quite a bit less evil than Alphabet or Apple.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

tim wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:53 pm
Jan Kubań, a personal friend of mine from Warsaw and a Polish biocybernetician, considers Calhoun’s experiment “one of the most important in human history.” He created The Physics of Life website where he elaborates on the meaning and significance of the ethologist’s work. About the final stages of the mouse utopia, Kubań writes,
Are the "beautiful ones" the millenials? Haha, I don't see very many beautiful ones. Most are fat except for a small window of their lives.