Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:06 am
Iran football players decline to sing national anthem at World Cup match - BBC News

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_OezrDvr-k[/youtube]
The Shah will return soon!

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

China strengthening preparations to attack Taiwan: Report
By Keoni Everington, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2022/11/21 10:49
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4725432
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

JCP wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:54 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:07 pm
The left always hates the most competent people. That's the point of the power struggle.
Spot on. Absolute truth.
Thank you. It is reassuring when one is aware that at least a fraction of us are aware. I know many can have blindpsots, but the key is thinking the right way, having the big picture, then filling in the details. This was always the key in wisdom and even in knowledge acquisition when I studied and trained in medicine. Ironically, it is a field of social and algo followers at this point (clearer than ever now that they are captured by the system, by and large, unless close to retirement or with enough $ - but it's still quite rare to buck the trends). I saw the herd aspect of it when most didn't ask questions about stuff that frankly didn't matter - at all, or that much. I confess mostly the root or drive of my questioning was to save time/be more efficient, than any drive for truth seeking. Interesting what one learns over the years about people, systems, and personality or social groups.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

John wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:16 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:06 pm
I find it odd that you believe that the Chinese population at large isn't immune to "covid". Again, "cases" and a government that you don't trust on any public data or claims it makes, but you believe them about "cases" of 'Covid'? More bizzaro world stuff here.
Monday November 21, 2022

I don't make anything up, and indeed, I couldn't possibly write the previous post based on my personal knowledge or imagination, since I have no personal knowledge of what's going on in china.

due to my current situation, I spend 16 hours a day listening to the news - mostly CNBC, Bloomberg news, Fox News, and cnn. my last post was based on statements by people identified as experts on these new shows. and I only quote experts when what they're saying makes sense to me, based on the knowledge I've accumulated writing thousands of articles over the last 20 years.
If we start with the knowledge that everything the Communist Party reports is a partial or absolute fabrication for their own purposes, then their reported case counts should be suspected as mostly false.
They are reconfiguring their economy and society with the terror tactic of the virus as cover. It worked here and they're doing as they always do, which is copy a successful system.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:39 am
JCP wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:07 pm
The left always hates the most competent people. That's the point of the power struggle.
Spot on. Absolute truth.
Thank you. It is reassuring when one is aware that at least a fraction of us are aware. I know many can have blindpsots, but the key is thinking the right way, having the big picture, then filling in the details. This was always the key in wisdom and even in knowledge acquisition when I studied and trained in medicine. Ironically, it is a field of social and algo followers at this point (clearer than ever now that they are captured by the system, by and large, unless close to retirement or with enough $ - but it's still quite rare to buck the trends). I saw the herd aspect of it when most didn't ask questions about stuff that frankly didn't matter - at all, or that much. I confess mostly the root or drive of my questioning was to save time/be more efficient, than any drive for truth seeking. Interesting what one learns over the years about people, systems, and personality or social groups.
A competent person with wisdom would know that this is a repeating pattern in history and that humility and temperance are the virtues most necessary during times of upheaval.

Post by Guest »

Xi has timeline for Taiwan, preparing to use force: US analyst
[youtube]https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4726642[/youtube]

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

FullMoon wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:14 am
John wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:16 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:06 pm
I find it odd that you believe that the Chinese population at large isn't immune to "covid". Again, "cases" and a government that you don't trust on any public data or claims it makes, but you believe them about "cases" of 'Covid'? More bizzaro world stuff here.
Monday November 21, 2022

I don't make anything up, and indeed, I couldn't possibly write the previous post based on my personal knowledge or imagination, since I have no personal knowledge of what's going on in china.

due to my current situation, I spend 16 hours a day listening to the news - mostly CNBC, Bloomberg news, Fox News, and cnn. my last post was based on statements by people identified as experts on these new shows. and I only quote experts when what they're saying makes sense to me, based on the knowledge I've accumulated writing thousands of articles over the last 20 years.
If we start with the knowledge that everything the Communist Party reports is a partial or absolute fabrication for their own purposes, then their reported case counts should be suspected as mostly false.
They are reconfiguring their economy and society with the terror tactic of the virus as cover. It worked here and they're doing as they always do, which is copy a successful system.
We are copying them more in reality, or they are just more advanced in their surveillance state (which I hinted at a couple years ago, an arms race by elites to depopulate and control their own even more) ... but your post is accurate nonetheless. There is an explanation here for everything, but most secular people still can't be open to all of the possible explanations. Most "religious" people aren't either, for many reasons as well (mostly that they are materialists like the secular, deep down).

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

FullMoon wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:25 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:39 am
JCP wrote:

Spot on. Absolute truth.
A competent person with wisdom would know that this is a repeating pattern in history and that humility and temperance are the virtues most necessary during times of upheaval.
That's just generic talk excusing the big blind spots I've exposed on the site. You are aware of most of them, so I'm quite content that your analysis and knowledge is solid.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

WORLD NEWS
NOVEMBER 22, 20227:26 AMUPDATED 11 HOURS AGO
Ukraine grid operator: damage from Russian attacks 'colossal'
https://www.reuters.com/article/ukraine ... FKBN2SC129

US is running low on some weapons and ammunition to transfer to Ukraine
Jim Sciutto Jeremy Herb Katie Bo Lillis Oren Liebermann
By Jim Sciutto, Jeremy Herb, Katie Bo Lillis and Oren Liebermann, CNN
Published 9:03 AM EST, Thu November 17, 2022
https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/politics ... ks-ukraine
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

JDav

Post by JDav »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 pm
JDav wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:06 am

As long as the people in power are profiting (I'm sure there are Republicans in on this, as well), there is absolutely no incentive to end the Ukrainian conflict. So it drags on, causing maximum financial suffering for the American people, and maximum physical suffering for the Ukrainian people. We could have put pressure on either side to end the conflict quickly, but the ugly truth is the American government doesn't WANT it to end.
I'm interested in how you think the US can end the Ukraine war. Huge sanctions have been placed on Russia and have not changed its behavior at all. The only thing I can think of would be to try to force Ukraine to hand over the territory that Russia has seized. Is that what you are proposing? Keeping in mind that Ukrainians don't favor that outcome.
Without reliving our entire back and forth from three months ago - if we stopped supplying cash and weapons to Ukraine the conflict would end relatively quickly. I remember you questioning my "gut feeling" about corruption that wasn't backed up by facts. Well, the facts are trickling out that the Dems, some Republicans (and I don't believe for a minute that Zelensky himself isn't in on it) are using Ukraine as a money-laundering operation. What sayest thou now?

The normally anti-war left ALWAYS chooses money and power over human life. Some people are fine with that; I am not. It was clear to me from the start that our motivation for getting involved was strictly profit. The price for that is more, and worse, suffering and loss of life for the Ukrainian people than they would have experienced without our "aid", and more worldwide suffering in general. American politicians (and others) have much blood on their hands, and will ultimately be held to account for the unnecessary consequences of their fecklessness.

As an aside, if Trump had been president, this conflict would not have started because - 1) the scum in Washington would not have been able to profit like they are now, and 2) he would have brought the full force of American military, economic, and diplomatic might to bear to prevent it.