Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Dickie doo

Re: Biased?

Post by Dickie doo »

FullMoon wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:15 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:39 pm
FullMoon wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:30 pm

CNN has a very low viewership and is irrelevant besides being a propped up corporate mouthpiece for those without a care for the general populace. CNN reports creates news instead of reporting it, it's so fake that it's a sign of how low standards have stooped to and what the 'authorities' will do to maintain a narrative.But they do know that the modern attention span is so low that slowly introducing the truth will have few repercussions for the guilty. If you don't know even this, then to quote BB "you are pretty hopeless."
To me, Trump and China were among the worst responders to Covid at its peak. People are still attempting to justify Trump, putting their political views ahead of the science. That's what many reports here are about. You folks are more knowledgeable about medical issues than the CDC? Uh, no. I'm not drinking that bleach, thank you. China's bad policies are at least catching up with them, contributing to their current ongoing difficulties. Trumps? He has enough problems that adding the Covid deaths to them doesn't show up to speak of. I'm still not sure if Trump, Xi, or Putin will collapse sooner or more thoroughly.

At the peak of every American crisis, the conservative causes have collapsed, and the values that caused the collapse are added to American culture. Independence. Freedom. Regulation of the economy. Containment. It looks to me as if it is happening again. I guess I could be accused of being too smug about the collapses, predicting them, anticipating them. If so, conservatives might be biased the other way. Understandable, I suppose. It sure goes against the grain of turning theory. Staying the same just isn't an option. America must move on.
Let me help you a bit. You are trying and that's admirable.
Do not use your personal perspective to attribute liberal and conservative to these issues. EVERYTHING now is fluid and the truth of the matter is getting lost in the fog of war. Trust only your heart and your mind. Then it becomes more clear. The more confused and complicated, the more simple and clear it becomes. The youth are looking towards the future, elderly are mired in the past. Stay youthful to the end
Good quote. The only thing I would add is common sense is king. Use it..

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

FullMoon wrote:
Do not use your personal perspective to attribute liberal and conservative to these issues. EVERYTHING now is fluid and the truth of the matter is getting lost in the fog of war. Trust only your heart and your mind. Then it becomes more clear. The more confused and complicated, the more simple and clear it becomes. The youth are looking towards the future, elderly are mired in the past. Stay youthful to the end
I do feel it is clear. At the peak of the crisis, you go with this time's equivalent of Washington, Lincoln and FDR, rather than George III, Davis and Hitler. The conservative efforts collapse. If you anticipate Putin, Xi and Trump will come out of this well, sigh, I'll mutter my prophecies to the contrary, snicker, and wait a few years. Warping your views of things like medicine, science, war, law and prejudice to fit your political views doesn't allow much clarity. You fit your political views to hard reality, not the other way around.

I think someone here said that predicting a Chinese collapse was no significant achievement. I think that reasonably true of Putin and Trump too. If Trump is overly relying on his delay and distract tactics, are Xi and Putin doing much more? All three have painted themselves into corners by past bad decisions. The failure of old ideas in a crisis period is easy to predict. Turning theory just underlines the historical tendency. American crises have solved the major problems around which the crisis is based. If you want to be the problem, it is best to get off the tracks before the proverbial freight train arrives.

So I'll stand on this and wait few more years.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Bob Butler wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:48 pm
FullMoon wrote:
I do feel it is clear. At the peak of the crisis, you go with this time's equivalent of Washington, Lincoln and FDR, rather than George III, Davis and Hitler. The conservative efforts collapse. If you anticipate Putin, Xi and Trump will come out of this well, sigh, I'll mutter my prophecies to the contrary, snicker, and wait a few years. Warping your views of things like medicine, science, war, law and prejudice to fit your political views doesn't allow much clarity. You fit your political views to hard reality, not the other way around.

I think someone here said that predicting a Chinese collapse was no significant achievement. I think that reasonably true of Putin and Trump too. If Trump is overly relying on his delay and distract tactics, are Xi and Putin doing much more? All three have painted themselves into corners by past bad decisions. The failure of old ideas in a crisis period is easy to predict. Turning theory just underlines the historical tendency. American crises have solved the major problems around which the crisis is based. If you want to be the problem, it is best to get off the tracks before the proverbial freight train arrives.

So I'll stand on this and wait few more years.
You've offered nothing new here. I would suggest that when you repetitively mutter, snicker, and warp in slightly different ways than you have done in the past that you carry it to your own Polyticks thread.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Bob Butler

Points made

Post by Bob Butler »

Higgenbotham wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:48 am
You've offered nothing new here. I would suggest that when you repetitively mutter, snicker, and warp in slightly different ways than you have done in the past that you carry it to your own Polyticks thread.
Yes. I debated doing that with the above. Then again, I am in the habit of responding to points on the thread where they are made.

John has compared stating his views to Cassandra making her prophecies. She is fated never to be believed. I almost sympathize.

spottybrowncow

Re: Points made

Post by spottybrowncow »

Bob Butler wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:08 am
She is fated never to be believed. I almost sympathize.
If you want to be believed, start by saying something believable.

Navigator

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Navigator »

John wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:18 pm
Friday, January 6th, 2023

...Your only real objective is to destroy this forum by flooding it with word salad nonsense, which so far you have failed to do.

... I don't even know why you're in this forum since everyone thinks you're an idiot.
The above explains Bob. There is no reasoning with him. His objective is to destroy what for most of us is a discourse based on reason.

At this point I think it is best to just ignore him and cease to interact with him. It just enables him.

[side note - whoever is handling admin of the board should move Bob's rants over to his "Polyticks" thread]

Personal note - I had surgery in late November and was unable to post for a while. No sooner had I partially recovered than my wife had major problems. A serious issue we thought had been handled has returned and she will need a lot of care. I am hopeful that I can return to posting regularly, but obviously taking care of her is my priority.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Sorry to hear that, Navigator. :(
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Post by John »

Monday, January 16th, 2023.
Navigator wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:54 pm

Personal note - I had surgery in late November and was unable to post for a while. No sooner had I partially recovered than my wife had major problems. A serious issue we thought had been handled has returned and she will need a lot of care. I am hopeful that I can return to posting regularly, but obviously taking care of her is my priority.
Glad to see you posting, Navi, even if only occasionally. your posts are extremely valuable, and everybody appreciates them. however, as you know, I'm in a situation not too dissimilar to yours . and so, for the most part, we'll have to leave it to the kids to keep the discussion going.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

I think Butler's recent posts have served a purpose. They show that the liberal narrative is falling apart, as any issue you can name - covid/vax, economy, war, China - is worse than it was when Trump left office 2 years ago. In the liberal narrative, getting rid of Trump was supposed to fix everything, but it did not. The liberals are at a complete loss as to how to explain this and the desperation shows in Butler's posts. However, now that their purpose has been served, I agree it would be better to move on with serious discussion.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

5 minute readJanuary 14, 20234:33 PM ESTLast Updated 2 days ago
Five killed as Russian missile hits apartment block in Ukraine's Dnipro
By Olena Harmash and Tom Balmforth
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 023-01-14/

Happening Now: Large Barrage of Russian Missiles Hitting Ukraine
WORLD
HAL TURNER
14 JANUARY 2023
https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.ph ... ng-ukraine

15 Jan, 2023 20:48
HomeWorld News
NATO promises more heavy weapons for Ukraine
https://www.rt.com/news/569919-stoltenb ... s-ukraine/

Russia says British tanks sent to Ukraine 'will burn'
Britain announced on Saturday that it will send 14 of its main tanks to Ukraine as well as advanced artillery support.
By REUTERS Published: JANUARY 16, 2023 11:56
Updated: JANUARY 16, 2023 12:52
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-728666

Ukraine Gets 5 Types Of Artillery Guns To Strike Russia; British AS90 Ready To Join M777, Caesar, KRAB & PzH 2000 SPGs
EUROPEEXPERT REVIEWS
By
Parth Satam
January 16, 2023
https://eurasiantimes.com/ukraine-gets- ... a-british/
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain