Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Bob Butler

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:33 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:28 pm
The comparison is still 91 felonies to nothing. A truly smart person looks at every potential angle and draws conclusions based on ALL evidence...
Where do you get "91 felonies?" Trump has exactly 0 criminal convictions. What planet are you on?
I believe some call it 'Earth 1'.
Last edited by Bob Butler on Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Butler

Trump 91 Felonies

Post by Bob Butler »

spottybrowncow wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:33 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:28 pm
The comparison is still 91 felonies to nothing. A truly smart person looks at every potential angle and draws conclusions based on ALL evidence...
Where do you get "91 felonies?" Trump has exactly 0 criminal convictions. What planet are you on?
Business Insider wrote:Donald Trump is now facing 91 criminal charges across five indictments — a whopping total for the first ex-president to face criminal prosecution.

The massive number of charges stems from four criminal indictments filed against Trump this year by both state and federal authorities.
Or try Google with 'Trump 91 felonies'.

Re: Authoritarian Expansionism

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:45 pm
Guest wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:24 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:57 pm
I do have problems with people like Putin and Xi, attempting or talking about picking up territory in Ukraine, Formosa and the South China Sea.
It is interesting that they have picked up/attempted to pick up territory under Obama and Biden (and GWB), but not Trump. What is a reasonable explanation for this?
At a wild guess they see Trump 's authoritarian side. They might want to make Trump look good? It's a guess though. I won't pretend to understand XI's decisions.
This contradicts another statement in your post:
“The recent attempts by the Republicans to quash containment are a manifestation of Trump’s authoritarianism.”

If the republicans are manifesting Trump’s authoritarianism by quashing containment (allowing Russia to take territory), then Trump would have done the same but that did not happen during his term. It did, however, happen under Biden and Obama. They either allowed it or are not as savvy as Trump to have prevented it.

Also, I can appreciate your point about not being able to understand Xi’s decisions. Would it be safe to say you can’t read his mind? Are you able to read anyone’s mind?

Post by Guest »

The Structure—Or Lack Thereof—of India
By Jayant Bhandari
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2023/12/jay ... -of-india/
Civilization does not exist in nature. You have to fight and work towards it. And the process is messy, as Europe experienced over three millennia. The necessary ingredients—honor, work ethic, integrity, fairness, respect for the individual, gratitude, empathy, and rationality—are conspicuous by their absence in India, even in the middle class, which is supposed to be the moral spine of any society. Alas, without civilizational values, one is left with the base, animalistic values, and might-is-right paradigm of resource acquisition and sensual pleasures. All you can have in this milieu is unbridled envy, hate, and covetousness.

This “underpins” an Indian’s behavior, social relationships, and India’s economy, and understanding this is the key to connecting what would otherwise be disparate, confusing, bewildering experiences of India.
I have been to a hundred countries and lived in several. What I say about India is primarily true for today’s Third World, all regressing to their pre-European savagery and barbarism. They represent the vast majority of the human population. Thus far, if they haven’t descended into the kind of chaos witnessed in Rwanda, it isn’t due to their democracies but because of the institutional inertia left by the colonizers and the apprehension of the USA—Pax Americana. Unfortunately, the USA is becoming weaker, and the Third World is poised to become extremely dangerous and chaotic.
And these 3rd world migrants have been flooding into the west for decades and inflicting hell on everyone.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:09 am
“The recent attempts by the Republicans to quash containment are a manifestation of Trump’s authoritarianism.”

If the republicans are manifesting Trump’s authoritarianism by quashing containment (allowing Russia to take territory), then Trump would have done the same but that did not happen during his term. It did, however, happen under Biden and Obama. They either allowed it or are not as savvy as Trump to have prevented it.
You just go easy on other authoritarians.
Guest wrote:
Also, I can appreciate your point about not being able to understand Xi’s decisions. Would it be safe to say you can’t read his mind? Are you able to read anyone’s mind?
My own. Also, to a great extent many people can be described by words with well understood meanings. For example you could call Trump criminal, insurrectionist, authorization or rapist and it would be well understood what you were referring to. Xi? Authoritarian, sure, but his economic tangents are weird.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

The best medicine Bish will ever get is Trump becoming president again. Stop talking to him. He's a communist. That's what DEI is, advancing the incompetent and degenerates to control society and have "equity".

It doesn't even matter at this point, the US is done and we're just waving our hands in the final days - whether that's 10 more or 30 more years.

Bob Butler

Post by Bob Butler »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:09 pm
The best medicine Bish will ever get is Trump becoming president again. Stop talking to him. He's a communist. That's what DEI is, advancing the incompetent and degenerates to control society and have "equity".

It doesn't even matter at this point, the US is done and we're just waving our hands in the final days - whether that's 10 more or 30 more years.
It isn't the United States that is collapsing. It is the prejudiced, superstitious, criminal conservatives. While there is definitely much of the United States that is worth preserving, there are also flaws that are clung to and new problems the culture has not had to handle in the past. These are what crises are about, fixing what has to be fixed. If we have a culture superior to others, it is because we have dealt with problems in the past. We're just confronting a few more.

I'm just happy that two crises ago they banned insurrectionists from office.

Post by Guest »

Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:39 am
Guest wrote:

I have no influence on authoritarians, but it's a fact that authoritarians have moved aggressively in Obama's and Biden's terms and did not while Trump was president. In fact, Putin tried when Trump was commander in chief, and in retaliation they suffered their largest casualty event ever between Russia and the US (Deir al-Zor, Syria Feb 2018). That's not going easy on authoritarians.
Guest wrote:
My own. Also, to a great extent many people can be described by words with well understood meanings. For example you could call Trump criminal, insurrectionist, authorization or rapist and it would be well understood what you were referring to. Xi? Authoritarian, sure, but his economic tangents are weird.
Thanks for the response. I can appreciate that you form opinions on what you've read about Trump, rather than trying to read his mind. Unfortunately, most of what can be read is the result of deceptive editing by the media trying to portray him as a dictator, rapist, racist. Either that or mind reading on the part of the media. Curious, what has Trump said that indicates he's a rapist?

Apologies if my responses are in strange places, I rarely comment.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:48 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:39 am
Guest wrote:

My response should have been separated:

I have no influence on authoritarians, but it's a fact that authoritarians have moved aggressively in Obama's and Biden's terms and did not while Trump was president. In fact, Putin tried when Trump was commander in chief, and in retaliation they suffered their largest casualty event ever between Russia and the US (Deir al-Zor, Syria Feb 2018). That's not going easy on authoritarians.

Bob Butler

Rapist

Post by Bob Butler »

Guest wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:48 pm
Curious, what has Trump said that indicates he's a rapist?
It isn't what he said. (Did I forget to include liar?) It is what the court case resolved.