Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

People like Turchin can say "the 2020s will be bad" or "we'll have war
with China before 2050" or a similar example of expert punditry that
means that if something bad happens then you can claim credit, but if
nothing bad happens you can say it's still coming.
Of course. But so do you. You have been predicting Greater Depression and WWIII since 2003 and only this year is the Greater Depression starting (and that because of a virus).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Burner Prime

Post by Burner Prime »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:49 pm
People like Turchin can say "the 2020s will be bad" or "we'll have war
with China before 2050" or a similar example of expert punditry that
means that if something bad happens then you can claim credit, but if
nothing bad happens you can say it's still coming.
Of course. But so do you. You have been predicting Greater Depression and WWIII since 2003 and only this year is the Greater Depression starting (and that because of a virus).
True for that example but not for others such as ones saying a civil war in certain countries is impossible because they're in an awakening era, or similar. I don't know of anyone else who supports their "ain't gonna happens" with generational reasoning. Usually, it's more like some reason related to how Westerners think things should be, not based upon the cultural mindset of the actor, or thousands of years of history that form the mindset. Here is where GD excels.

I think almost anyone can say a stock market collapse and depression is overdue due to three facts: historically high valuations (P/E) - though John doesn't ever factor the P/E can correct if EARNINGS rise - besides that not being the only indicator of a market's health. Second: Insane debt of $23T and rising, the insane printing of money which hides a super inflation -or- rather the improper valuation of our currency. Third: Index values totally detached from GDP.

The media loves pundits who predict things, especially if they get it right even one time. N.N. Taleb talks about this in "Fooled by Randomness". Even if they get it right 5 times, their predictions may amount more to luck than genius.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

I've been following many, but mostly macro econ guys, for the better part of the last 20 years. I've noticed that what the "famous" guys had in common was that they were right (big) once. And mostly wrong a whole multitude of times since their "call." Usually it was the 2008 call. Examples are Peter Schiff, Nouriel Roubini, Kyle Bass to a certain extent. Michael Burry is really smart and his next prediction, which I also think will be correct, is only recent and is based on passive investment (index investing) blowing the markets up - basically brainless buying by algorithm instead of a real market - among other things.

For the most part, that's why I look at what is said and why. The only guy I don't like of the above is Roubini, because he is acerbic, but mostly because he is a globalist shill (funny given our previous day's comments that he's also a "jew"). Schiff I like a lot (also a "jew") but he's completely opposite on the political spectrum and is fundamentally correct, just pounds a drum on things he is generationally out of - something boomers and older need to be very careful about. For example, both of those guys are morons regarding bitcoin; they don't understand it and don't want to, and call it a bubble or ponzi. Bass is a guy who has been wrong about many predictions but does good analysis and is anti-China for all the right reasons; I have no reason to believe he has a bad bone in his body about being American, generally. I think Burry is the best and smartest on every issue, political and otherwise, by far.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

This is the most blatant cheating in the history of the United States. I didn't believe there was actually a "democracy" before this for various reasons (Democratic Republic of course), but this supports full blown clown world. If you don't stop this, no matter what the cost, you lose anyway. I wonder if anything will be done, or anyone has any sense of duty to the country or Constitution who isn't bought off. I guess we'll know for sure within 2 weeks or so.

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:44 pm
This is the most blatant cheating in the history of the United States. I didn't believe there was actually a "democracy" before this for various reasons (Democratic Republic of course), but this supports full blown clown world. If you don't stop this, no matter what the cost, you lose anyway. I wonder if anything will be done, or anyone has any sense of duty to the country or Constitution who isn't bought off. I guess we'll know for sure within 2 weeks or so.
America is finished. Leave if you can. Suffer if you can't.

China Joe

Post by China Joe »

The chinese only have to run out the clock on orangeman. Biden is bought and paid for.

Post by Guest »

ATTENTION: All persons ignorant of the truth through no fault of their own, aka believing the government propaganda pushed by the US.

Taiwan is part of China. Just as American Samoa is part of the USA. Period. Case closed. No factual basis for any argument on the subject.

Shut up!

Burner Prime

Post by Burner Prime »

Guest wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:01 pm
ATTENTION: All persons ignorant of the truth through no fault of their own, aka believing the government propaganda pushed by the US.

Taiwan is part of China. Just as American Samoa is part of the USA. Period. Case closed. No factual basis for any argument on the subject.

Shut up!
This was just too good to pass up.
* American Samoa buys weapon systems from foreign governments to protect its territory against invasion by the USA. :|
* US soldiers regularly station and train in American Samoa, just like PLA solders regularly stati.... uh....oh, wait....
* Taiwan has non-voting delegates that serve in the National People's Congress, just like American Samoa has delegates in the US House of Reps. oH WAiT, they don't

I can keep going, this is really fun....

Post by Guest »

To be honest I'd rather risk nukes than wait around for these soulless bastards to unleash covid 2.0

Post by Guest »

Here is an idea.

If they attack Taiwan cancel the Treasuries in their possession.

And then put a full ban on trade with Communist China. In fact cancel the Treasuries now for the Wuhan Flu and then raise the tariffs to 75%.

And better reporting would inform everyone of the fact that the Communist Chinese spend $150 billion building islands in the South China Seas but and this is a fact:

They are sinking and none of the landing strips can take heavy aircraft because if they land they will not be able to take off. The concrete they are made of is crumbling.

Many parts of them will be underwater in 2-3 years and if there is a major storm there will be nothing left of many of them.

LOLOLOLOL