Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
DaKardii

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by DaKardii »

The BLS has finally released its inflation statistics for 2020. The dollar inflated by 1% during the last year.

John

Post by John »

** 11-Feb-2021 World View: Review of my book on Vietnam

I am making a request of all members of this forum to review the
current draft of my book on Vietnam, and post any questions or
comments or corrections you may have.

http://jxenakis.com/pg/ww2010.vnbk.gx113.htm

It's a big job, but I promise you that it will be worthwhile, because
you'll learn a great deal not only about Vietnam and Buddhism, but
also about America and Generational Dynamics.

If you refer to a section of the book, then please provide the section
title as well as the section number, since the section numbers are
subject to change.

The draft is now 98% complete. There are still sections that need
completion and/or revision, so there will be changes.

Most of you know that I do a lot of work to keep this forum
spam-free and available to everyone. This is a chance to give back.

Thanks, John

Post by Guest »

I have made it a point to always buy two copies of your books: one for me and one for my late mother. Now that she has passed, I will be sending them to a close friend in another country.

Thank you for devotion to truth and hardwork.

---A voice from the cheap seats

Post by Guest »

FullMoon wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:50 pm
Zoomer go Brr wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:27 pm
Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:15 am
Critical Theory is not just a higher ed matter anymore. I have a daughter in the Seattle public school system, which is full of examples: (1) The principal signs emails this way: “William Jackson (Black|he, him)”. (2) The superintendent the past few years was a Native American woman who sent parents weekly newsletters awash in Social Justice language. Nevertheless, she was just fired for not going far enough. As a letter from the NAACP Youth Council put it, “Superintendent Juneau wasn’t doing enough to challenge the white supremacy in SPS.”

(3) My daughter’s 9th grade “World History” class spent 2-3 weeks studying the NFL kneeling controversy, 2 weeks studying the Black Panthers’ 10 Point Program and were assigned to write a similar 10-point program for change in their school. (4) They had an assembly meeting where ethnicity-based club members got on stage to express grievances, followed by white teachers groveling apologies to the students.
Clearly this is the fault of the Gen-Z/Zoomers. If only they didn’t have all the power to dictate the curriculum and brainwashing they are subjected to. Those poor boomer/Gen-x administrators being swindled and tricked by Gen-Z. (/sarcasm)

Once again, older generations are actively allowing this type of bullshit to go on, and encouraging it. This is also the generation, along with millennials, who are supposed to band together to save America. I keep wondering who is going to band together, because this insane shit is reinforced and pushed everyday. Zoomers are being taught to hate anything that represents what America once was, and to apologize for ridiculous things like their parents remaining married, having a job or owning a house. The literal only hope is China being insane and opening warfronts on their north/south/east/west.
I mostly agree with this. Voting with your feet is getting much more imperative. Seattle real estate is very expensive, you are paying huge property taxes for this horrific system. They only want revenge for past grievances even if it ruins social fabric and bankrupt the country. Move and save your family. I Sam in the process of doing such a thing and realizing how difficult/time consuming it is. Look at Portland and see that you will be next very soon.
Having gone through public schools my whole life, I can assure you, most of these parents support this. Most of my teachers were Boomers and radical leftist crazies. Most of the Boomer parents were also crazy liberals. Now, after decades of battering the American culture, it has finally collapsed. What the great grandchildren of Boomers are left with is the poisonous fruit they planted.

Lick it up. Lick it all up.

Post by Guest »

The Chinese gave us the plague and covered up the fact that it was accidentally leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Surely it's up to the Chinese to supply vaccines to the world and to pay reparations for all the economic damage caused?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:15 pm
The Chinese gave us the plague and covered up the fact that it was accidentally leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Surely it's up to the Chinese to supply vaccines to the world and to pay reparations for all the economic damage caused?
Biden = appeasement = war inevitable.
China will take and take until they arrive in Hawaii.

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

John wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:38 pm
** 11-Feb-2021 World View: Review of my book on Vietnam

I am making a request of all members of this forum to review the
current draft of my book on Vietnam, and post any questions or
comments or corrections you may have.

http://jxenakis.com/pg/ww2010.vnbk.gx113.htm

It's a big job, but I promise you that it will be worthwhile, because
you'll learn a great deal not only about Vietnam and Buddhism, but
also about America and Generational Dynamics.

If you refer to a section of the book, then please provide the section
title as well as the section number, since the section numbers are
subject to change.

The draft is now 98% complete. There are still sections that need
completion and/or revision, so there will be changes.

Most of you know that I do a lot of work to keep this forum
spam-free and available to everyone. This is a chance to give back.

Thanks, John
Will do when I get the chance. Thanks, John!

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Guest wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:42 pm
I have made it a point to always buy two copies of your books: one for me and one for my late mother. Now that she has passed, I will be sending them to a close friend in another country.

Thank you for devotion to truth and hardwork.

---A voice from the cheap seats
Condolences for your family.

Burner Prime

Post by Burner Prime »

The inflation/deflation debate is fun. The simplest way to look at it is by the very definitions. Inflation is the expansion of the money supply, deflation is the opposite. How it manifests is not obvious and people here are looking at markers that give false impressions.

Gold bugs point to Weimar Republic and Zimbabwe, Deflation bugs point to recent markers like increased savings and continuing falling electronics prices and the CPI. But the CPI masks the fact we're exporting our inflation.

Grocery prices have exploded, we just don't see it because we're importing more and more of our food. If you want to get a real impression, price food sourced and processed entirely in the US. In fact price anything manufactured entirely in the US.

Price a vacuum cleaner built entirely in the US. It's around $400-500. Imagine if everyone had to buy those here.

Maybe the easiest and best measure is a loaf of bread. From a local baker, it costs $4-5. Mass-produced grocery chain bread prices mask the true cost because they discount it to get customers to come in. Same goes for eggs and milk.

Eggs cost $5-8 a dozen from your local farmers market, not 99 cents at Kroger.

Milk costs $5-6 gal from your local dairy, not $1.99 from Safeway.

100% American caught and canned tuna costs $7/can, not 75 cents. The 75 cent tuna comes from Taiwan. We're exporting our inflation.

Try to buy American grown apricots from California. Good luck and you're going to pay. Most apricots come from Turkey. We're exporting our inflation.

Everyday groceries come from other countries, even strawberry jam. So we aren't seeing the real cost of exploding grocery prices because we ship those printed dollars overseas in exchange for their goods. It goes on and on. More and more beef comes from Mexico.

How about transportation? Same thing, more and more is imported. More and more cars come from Mexico, and even if they're assembled in the US, critical parts like engines come from Mexico, or elsewhere.. We're exporting our inflation. Any high-speed rail or light rail cars made in the US?

We all know a huge amount of our consumption comes from overseas products and the act of sending those mountains of US dollars overseas reduces the dollars here. As a result, wages have no pressure here but they certainly do in those overseas countries and inflation there is very high. The expanding trade deficits and more proof we're exporting our inflation. Since there's no need to pay for American made products that we can get overseas, there's no demand to build factories and hire people which would cause wage pressures. So we're masking the inflation that would have that classic signature.

In the event of WWIII, we won't be able to import much, and we'll get nothing from China. In that case we gonna have hyperinflation. The US is not capable of supplying all the goods and services to 320M people, so demand will outstrip supply. That's inflationary. Nobody will be able to save money in banks because prices will skyrocket for everything. Savings is a recent phenomenon triggered by Covid economic uncertainty, and free unneeded money from Fed printing.

John

Post by John »

** 12-Feb-2021 World View: Inflation and Deflation
Burner Prime wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:06 pm
> The inflation/deflation debate is fun. The simplest way to look at
> it is by the very definitions. Inflation is the expansion of the
> money supply, deflation is the opposite. How it manifests is not
> obvious and people here are looking at markers that give false
> impressions.
Are you having fun making up stuff? The definition of inflation has
no relation whatsoever to the expansion of the money supply. You
don't even know what "expansion of the money supply" means.

From Investopedia:

What Is Inflation?

Inflation is the decline of purchasing power of a given currency over
time. A quantitative estimate of the rate at which the decline in
purchasing power occurs can be reflected in the increase of an average
price level of a basket of selected goods and services in an economy
over some period of time. The rise in the general level of prices,
often expressed a a percentage means that a unit of currency
effectively buys less than it did in prior periods.

Inflation can be contrasted with deflation, which occurs when the
purchasing power of money increases and prices decline.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/inflation.asp