Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
thomasglee

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by thomasglee »

Navigator wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:16 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:39 am
What's your range for the start of WW3? Within 3-5 years? Or 5-10 years?
I would say within no more than 1.5 years. I think this October may be more like it, and am preparing for that.

I think the economy will go south very soon, and war will follow shortly thereafter. The Chinese will want to move before the Biden presidency is over, even better for them if the Democrats control congress.
I'm in full agreement (and also preparing).
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

thomasglee wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:23 pm
Navigator wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:
I would say within no more than 1.5 years. I think this October may be more like it, and am preparing for that.

I think the economy will go south very soon, and war will follow shortly thereafter. The Chinese will want to move before the Biden presidency is over, even better for them if the Democrats control congress.
So if WWIII is likely to start October, and the Greater Depression (?) is shortly before, "very soon" is probably within three months!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Ok, thanks for the update.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:14 pm
Navigator wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Ok, thanks for the update.
The problem with this is that the Chinese tend to be risk averse, more so than Russia. Trying to take Taiwan would be very difficult since China does not have the troop lift to move soldiers. Much would have to be done by civilian shipping which is hideously vulnerable to any kind of weapon and Taiwan has a lot of anti-ship missiles. Capturing a port would be necessary to support any sizable invasion and those would be under constant artillery attack if not destroyed deliberately. A failed invasion would be much more damaging to the CCP than not launching one. Destroying the entire island and killing all the people would also not be a win.

While it's important to look at desires and intentions, it's also important to look at capabilities and it seems people here keep skipping that part.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

US Indo–Pacific Chief Sees Largest Military Buildup In Chinese Army's History
BY TYLER DURDEN
MONDAY, JUN 27, 2022 - 03:30 AM
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ys-history

Lithuania Hit By Cyberattack As Russian Hackers Warn More Coming Until Kaliningrad 'Blockade' Lifted
BY TYLER DURDEN
MONDAY, JUN 27, 2022 - 09:53 AM
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... d-blockade

NATO set to increase its high-readiness forces to over 300,000 in massive military buildup
PUBLISHED MON, JUN 27 20227:44 AM EDTUPDATED MON, JUN 27 20228:31 AM EDT
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/27/russia- ... orces.html

Russia strikes Kyiv as Western leaders meet in Europe
By OLEKSANDR STASHEVSKYI
yesterday
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... fc5848054b

The four horsemen of the apocalypse - opinion
We are nearing the death of the old geopolitical system and of the world order that has kept repeating itself from the medieval ages.
By VAS SHENOY Published: JUNE 25, 2022 15:52
Updated: JUNE 26, 2022 05:33
https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-710365
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Post by John »

** 27-Jun-2022 World View: Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:59 pm
> The four horsemen of the apocalypse - opinion
> We are nearing the death of the old geopolitical system and of the
> world order that has kept repeating itself from the medieval ages.
> By VAS SHENOY Published: JUNE 25, 2022 15:52
> Updated: JUNE 26, 2022 05:33
https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-710365
  • Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, an 1887 painting by Viktor Vasnetsov.

From left to right are Death, Famine, War, and Conquest; the Lamb is at the top.

John

Post by John »

** 27-Jun-2022 World View: Rationality
Xeraphim1 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:26 pm
> The problem with this is that the Chinese tend to be risk averse,
> more so than Russia. Trying to take Taiwan would be very difficult
> since China does not have the troop lift to move soldiers. Much
> would have to be done by civilian shipping which is hideously
> vulnerable to any kind of weapon and Taiwan has a lot of anti-ship
> missiles. Capturing a port would be necessary to support any
> sizable invasion and those would be under constant artillery
> attack if not destroyed deliberately. A failed invasion would be
> much more damaging to the CCP than not launching one. Destroying
> the entire island and killing all the people would also not be a
> win.

> While it's important to look at desires and intentions, it's also
> important to look at capabilities and it seems people here keep
> skipping that part.
As I've said in the past, this kind of reasoning is way too logical.
Leaders today are insane, not rational. If leaders in a generational
Crisis era were rational and logical, then the Confederacy would not
have attacked Fort Sumter, and Japan would not have bombed Pearl
Harbor.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

John wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:29 pm

Harbor.
Both the slave South and Japan saw themselves facing existential crises. The South was falling further and further behind in economic terms while the free population and states was growing. It was becoming more and more unlikely that additional slave states would be added so each additional year would see the South's weakness increase. Japan was facing the same situation due to US sanctions with the loss of steel scrap and oil imports. Japan could not continue its war in China without replacements. Even if they were unlikely to succeed, the future looked worse.

I don't see China as being in the same situation. There are no essential resources in Taiwan other than high tech companies who do a lot of their production in China already. Destroying those would not bring any benefit to China while facing the same kind of sanctions now applied to Russia would lead to ruination. Russia can survive, kind of. China is already facing unrest since the CCP is not able to fulfill its part of the social contract by providing increasing living standards. War would not fix that and there is no sign that martial adventures would give the CCP the boost it might need. Especially if it can't guarantee that it would win. Waiting 5-10 years could make a difference though. Maybe.

Yes, the CCP leadership may not be sane, but it also isn't stupid and it tends to engage in incrementalism. But I admit I could be wrong.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Tom Mazanec wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:53 pm
thomasglee wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:23 pm
Navigator wrote:

So if WWIII is likely to start October, and the Greater Depression (?) is shortly before, "very soon" is probably within three months!
Before the end of August is my guess.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:35 pm
John wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:29 pm

Harbor.
Both the slave South and Japan saw themselves facing existential crises. The South was falling further and further behind in economic terms while the free population and states was growing. It was becoming more and more unlikely that additional slave states would be added so each additional year would see the South's weakness increase. Japan was facing the same situation due to US sanctions with the loss of steel scrap and oil imports. Japan could not continue its war in China without replacements. Even if they were unlikely to succeed, the future looked worse.

I don't see China as being in the same situation. There are no essential resources in Taiwan other than high tech companies who do a lot of their production in China already. Destroying those would not bring any benefit to China while facing the same kind of sanctions now applied to Russia would lead to ruination. Russia can survive, kind of. China is already facing unrest since the CCP is not able to fulfill its part of the social contract by providing increasing living standards. War would not fix that and there is no sign that martial adventures would give the CCP the boost it might need. Especially if it can't guarantee that it would win. Waiting 5-10 years could make a difference though. Maybe.

Yes, the CCP leadership may not be sane, but it also isn't stupid and it tends to engage in incrementalism. But I admit I could be wrong.
Why does everyone think China has to invade and bomb Taiwan to take it? All they have to do is blockade Taiwan. Simple.