Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Bob Butler

Containment

Post by Bob Butler »

Trevor wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:22 am
I haven't forgotten how we felt after September 11th, with even bleeding-heart liberals ready to turn Afghanistan into a graveyard...
I remember on September 12th predicting trouble when Bush said he was not going to include the causes of the conflict in his response. I couldn’t foresee the exact nature of the trouble, but that a problem would eventually develop seemed clear. You can’t expect to solve a problem if you are unwilling to address the base causes.

I do not see that in the Information Age we will still accept that invading one’s neighbor is a good idea. That Japan or Germany in 1941 could not keep up with the US in production was no excuse. Containment of autocratic expansionist aggression has become the new normal, the reason NATO and the asian alliance exist. If you are championing the end of containment, I would expect opposition.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by guest »

Navigator wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:41 pm
The coming war with China/Russia will be a tough slog, and we will get through it in roughly the same shape as Britain/France post WW1.

After that, the decline we are experiencing will only accelerate. Countries/Governments as now known will not survive.

As a religious person, I believe this is what is prophesied in the Bible. And in the end it turns out very well for those with faith who are committed to that faith and its teachings.
Erik Prince, CEO of Blackwater, says China will invade Taiwan this year in April or May.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

guest wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:19 am
Navigator wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:41 pm
The coming war with China/Russia will be a tough slog, and we will get through it in roughly the same shape as Britain/France post WW1.

After that, the decline we are experiencing will only accelerate. Countries/Governments as now known will not survive.

As a religious person, I believe this is what is prophesied in the Bible. And in the end it turns out very well for those with faith who are committed to that faith and its teachings.
Erik Prince, CEO of Blackwater, says China will invade Taiwan this year in April or May.
Prince has done some good interviews on podcasts recently. His logic for a Taiwan invasion is strong. There's been news of US military advisors in Kinmen Island. Most people don't know that Taiwan is composed of lots of little islands and rocky outcroppings. Kinmen is literally within sight of the mainland China and has been a battleground between the two sides on the past. Navigator has promoted the island hopping strategy and I've seen other evidence to suggest this as their probable course. A rapid raid to envelope some area and islands this spring together with a ratcheting up of rhetoric and tension. Then waiting for the US to be distracted by our election craziness that everyone sees coming. Maybe they could even take it and claim ownership without anyone noticing because they're so distracted by the shitshow. Or maybe they'll do their Pearl Harbor attack if necessary. Calling some kind of conflict in the S China Sea is a pretty safe call right now. Just look at the Philippines, it could happen there first and then spread.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

https://foreignpolicy.com/2023/01/16/ta ... -war-risk/

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/united-s ... -china-sea

The US has finally started to figure out the trouble we've been sleepwalking into. We're at the point of maximum danger, the short period of time when it's clear that everything will change soon but it doesn't feel like it for most people. The Chinese must be looking at this opportunity very seriously.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Trevor wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:22 am
More and more, hopes to keep the war between Israel and Hamas "contained" are disappearing. I doubt Israel's going to care about international pressure for a cease-fire at this point. I didn't know exactly when or how, but I knew at some point Hamas was going to do something big enough to where Israel decided to squash them, world opinion be damned.

I haven't forgotten how we felt after September 11th, with even bleeding-heart liberals ready to turn Afghanistan into a graveyard. Given the October 7th attacks were more brutal, with hundreds raped, tortured, and murdered, many of whom had been sympathetic to the Palestinians. Netanyahu might not be popular, but any repercussions will wait until after the conflict. If we weren't in the region, Israel would likely hit them even harder. The Middle East is a powder keg at the best of times, but once the war includes Hezbollah en masse, I'd expect that to be the point of no return.

One thing to keep in mind about China: we won't be fighting them alone. At a minimum, they've got South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and the Philippines, the last of which is crucial to our strategy. Given their hysterical response to their congratulations to the winner of Taiwan's election, common diplomatic protocol, they've managed to alienate almost everyone. North Korea and Pakistan can offer little but cannon fodder. Russia might sell them oil and gas, but if there's no other source thanks to an Allied blockade, I can guarantee Putin will take full advantage.

Cyberattacks are a greater worry for me in the early stages than China's military. They haven't fought a conflict since the Sino-Vietnamese War, in which their performance was poor. Actually being able to invade Taiwan, a mountainous island, is a daunting task, and they've been prepared for decades. While I don't think China will be able to shut everything down, they'll still manage to inflict a great deal of damage.

And China's moment is fading. 15-20 years ago, it was common thought that they'd replace us as the world superpower, and we should just accept it. However, given that their population is shrinking, to the point where they recovered a decrease in 2022. (If the CCP is publicly admitting their population's shrunk, it's likely been doing so for several years) Their economy is slowing, and world investment into their nation has already disappeared, thanks to Covid. Japan had a similar difficulty, but they became rich before they became old. For all their growth, China is still a middle-income country, with 1/4th the income per capita that the U.S. possesses, assuming the CCP numbers are accurate.

In 1941, Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor was motivated by more than mere fanaticism. Japan's Navy at the time were stronger than their American counterparts, but they couldn't hope to keep up with American production, with was starting to move to a war footing. That gap would grow with time, and Japan couldn't hope to keep up. Hitler attacked the Soviet Union for a similar reason in June 1941: he was as strong as he was going to be in comparison to his real enemy, and was already suffering from shortages in food and fuel. It was now or never.
It was now or never

It IS now or never for the Pacific War 2.0.
That's an excellent analysis, Trevor.

Bob Butler

Crisis peak?

Post by Bob Butler »

guest wrote:
I have seen a renewal of the 'China is economically collapsing' reporting as well. Among other things, this would make Xi desperate, if not entirely being good news indicating time for an attack. The tension is certainly there, and in Ukraine, the Middle East and the US as well. If anyone thinks recent times have been climatic...

FullMoon

Re: Crisis peak?

Post by FullMoon »

Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:02 pm
guest wrote:
I have seen a renewal of the 'China is economically collapsing' reporting as well. Among other things, this would make Xi desperate, if not entirely being good news indicating time for an attack. The tension is certainly there, and in Ukraine, the Middle East and the US as well. If anyone thinks recent times have been climatic...
I gotta agree with you. I can't imagine what's in store for us, but I don't think we've anything yet. A crisis peak an indelible memory for at least a generation.

DT Subscriber

Re: Crisis peak?

Post by DT Subscriber »

FullMoon wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:10 pm
Bob Butler wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:02 pm
guest wrote:
I gotta agree with you. I can't imagine what's in store for us, but I don't think we've anything yet. A crisis peak an indelible memory for at least a generation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMs8lPFSHdI&t=279s

Watch: ‘Time is ticking’ if Democrats want to replace blundering Biden
As president's forgetful moments continue, Democrats may need to act now to have a different candidate in place for the November election

Guest HHH

Post by Guest HHH »

At least we will have Biden and Kamala to lead us into war.

Nevermind.

FullMoon

Post by FullMoon »

Guest HHH wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:05 am
At least we will have Biden and Kamala to lead us into war.

Nevermind.
We've had them for 3 years and NOBODY could consider the absolute disaster we're witnessing on many fronts to be anything short of deliberate. Treason is an apt term