Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Tom Mazanec

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Israel was behind drone attacks at military plant in Iran, US media report
By Artemis Moshtaghian and Mohammed Tawfeeq, CNN
Updated 6:53 AM EST, Mon January 30, 2023
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/30/middleea ... index.html

Ukraine: The War That Went Wrong
NATO support for the war in Ukraine, designed to degrade the Russian military and drive Vladimir Putin from power, is not going according to plan. The new sophisticated military hardware won't help.
Chris Hedges
Jan 29
https://chrishedges.substack.com/p/ukra ... went-wrong

US Threatens Missiles, Jets, and now Crimea, US Sees (Seeks) War with China by 2025
The New Atlas
211K subscribers
70K views 15 hours ago
Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for February 1, 2023 + US and its potential war with China by 2025.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XJ_1hTNPhs
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

It looks like the surprise event that might set off WWIII (having started but not accelerated yet) is Iran v. Israel.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:43 am
thomasglee wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:13 am

The simple explanation is that it's part of the LEO culture. They truly believe they are above the law.

There are several good YouTube channels that document constitutional rights violations by officers all across the country against every class of citizen you can imagine. Officers truly believe they can demand ID for any reason and when one doesn't comply, they typically respond with false arrests. The officers are often provided immunity and as such, the cities or counties where they are located pay out sums of cash in settlements, but nobody is hardly ever disciplined. This is an issue across the board. Police misconduct is a serious issue. And their ignorance of the law and of our constitutional rights are astounding.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. We have a SERIOUS problem with the culture in Law Enforcement. It will take major steps to correct this. Unfortunately, I think its too late.
Of course there isn't a solution, since the incentive isn't there for any "leader" of ours. The GD village idiot also keeps talking about how "Republicans" "conservatives" this and that while the country has had nothing but increase in government size and chaos, for literally his whole life. Of course, he can't counter this idea, and blames the people who have consistently lost over the years (conservatives) for the failures of what was once a great "America." Stupid can't be fixed, more evidence of it from the bish.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

UPDATED WED, FEB 1 20233:43 AM EST
Kyiv pushes for fighter jets despite U.S., German refusal; Russia makes ‘concerted assault’ on Donetsk
Holly Ellyatt
Amanda Macias
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/31/ukraine ... raine.html

Your Daily Don Surber
https://donsurber.substack.com/p/why-co ... se-the-war
Why conservatives oppose the war
Jan 31

February 1, 2023
The Real Lessons of the Real History of The United States and post-Glasnost Ukraine
By Jared Peterson
https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... raine.html
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:50 pm
Navigator wrote:
thomasglee wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:13 am

The simple explanation is that it's part of the LEO culture. They truly believe they are above the law.

There are several good YouTube channels that document constitutional rights violations by officers all across the country against every class of citizen you can imagine. Officers truly believe they can demand ID for any reason and when one doesn't comply, they typically respond with false arrests. The officers are often provided immunity and as such, the cities or counties where they are located pay out sums of cash in settlements, but nobody is hardly ever disciplined. This is an issue across the board. Police misconduct is a serious issue. And their ignorance of the law and of our constitutional rights are astounding.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. We have a SERIOUS problem with the culture in Law Enforcement. It will take major steps to correct this. Unfortunately, I think its too late.
Of course there isn't a solution, since the incentive isn't there for any "leader" of ours. The GD village idiot also keeps talking about how "Republicans" "conservatives" this and that while the country has had nothing but increase in government size and chaos, for literally his whole life. Of course, he can't counter this idea, and blames the people who have consistently lost over the years (conservatives) for the failures of what was once a great "America." Stupid can't be fixed, more evidence of it from the bish.
My "too late" is in reference to the upcoming wars and economic turmoil. These will take precedence over law enforcement reform, which, as you point out, is 50 years or more overdue. (and any efforts at that are stymied by the UNIONS).

I think that we will stop being able to actually pay the police their salaries before there is any movement towards police culture reform. So I think that we will go from having "bad actors" in police departments to eventually having none.

Navigator

The War

Post by Navigator »

I haven’t seen much discussion on the Ukraine war lately. So I thought I would throw a few things out there.

Upfront, I would like to state that I support the Ukraine wholeheartedly. They were invaded by a foreign power seeking to take their territory and dismantle their government. Russia is an obvious aggressor.

I do believe that we have the right and the obligation to support the Ukrainians. The obligation comes from guaranteeing their security in return for their giving up nuclear weapons. This happened under Clinton’s watch. It would have been far better to have extended NATO protection at that time (not membership, but protection guarantees, which is how the Baltics should also have been handled), but this is now “good hindsight”.

However, our support should be limited to predominantly defensive conventional weapons. We also should be somewhat “quiet” about our support.

We shouldn’t be having Zelinski address congress nor should we be making statements about how we are “actually at war with Russia” (ala what the German foreign minister recently said) or doing other things that may intimate that we want Russia to collapse as a result of the war.

At this point the best result we can hope for is to “contain” the war, or get the two sides to negotiate. Which, at this point, is not going to go well for the Ukrainians.

I believe Putin and the powers of Russia are not going to give this up. They will continue to mobilize more manpower and more of their economy until they can break the stalemate in Ukraine. I hope that is not the case, but I don’t think the picture is that rosy for the Ukrainians at the moment.

They have also lost a lot of people, primarily their best personnel, in the attritional fighting that is going on in the Donbas. Yes, the Russians have lost even more, but attrition comes down to which side collapses first.

This is a WW1 type war, with modern technology. This is primarily an infantry based conflict. The Russians did poorly at the beginning because they had almost no infantry. They have now fed their “undesirables” through the meatgrinder, but are causing the Ukrainians significant casualties as well. Ukrainian defense is now more vehicle/artillery based than it ever has been, meaning they are running out of infantry reserves as well.

The masses that Russia mobilized months ago are actually being trained. Belorussia is probably going to join the fight, and the Russians/Belarusians will probably open another front aimed at the Ukrainian supply lines which go from Poland towards Lviv. Hopefully the Ukrainians can stop this, and the war will continue in a stalemate.

If the Russians break through and cause a Ukrainian collapse, they are not going to demobilize their Army. We have already made them feel as though it is them versus all of NATO. If the Ukraine ceases major resistance, they will go for Moldova (which could trigger a Romanian non-NATO involvement) and then the Baltic States.

If it gets that far, NATO is going to completely fracture. Germans have already shown they have no desire to fight the Russians. Neither do the Turks (who want to fight the Greeks), the Hungarians, the Croatians, the Slovaks, the Italians, the Spanish, the Dutch & Belgians, the Portuguese.

This is all going to get complicated by developing situations in Asia and the World Economy.

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:21 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Navigator wrote:

My "too late" is in reference to the upcoming wars and economic turmoil. These will take precedence over law enforcement reform, which, as you point out, is 50 years or more overdue. (and any efforts at that are stymied by the UNIONS).

I think that we will stop being able to actually pay the police their salaries before there is any movement towards police culture reform. So I think that we will go from having "bad actors" in police departments to eventually having none.
So will the police stopped getting paid before or after WW3 breaks out?

thinker

Post by thinker »

What John said about the police killing of that gentleman in Memphis is spot on but not in the way he thinks. When I first saw the video I thought it reminded me a lot about gang violence and a few other commenters on twitter also noticed the similarities. Well, I was reading a social media post from and independent journalist who said that her sources were telling her that at least 3 of the cops involved were being investigated for being involved with a local gang. Apparently because of BLM the Memphis police dept. has had to lower their hiring standards so much in order to be able to have enough officers , that they have been hiring some very questionable candidates. These guys don't have their old tribes from Africa , they have their new tribes here in America, it's their gangs .

Navigator

Post by Navigator »

Guest wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:06 pm
Navigator wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:21 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:

So will the police stopped getting paid before or after WW3 breaks out?
After WW3 ends, and when it becomes apparent that the dollar is worthless (which can be postponed by wartime measures).

NOVA

Post by NOVA »

thinker wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:22 pm
What John said about the police killing of that gentleman in Memphis is spot on but not in the way he thinks. When I first saw the video I thought it reminded me a lot about gang violence and a few other commenters on twitter also noticed the similarities. Well, I was reading a social media post from and independent journalist who said that her sources were telling her that at least 3 of the cops involved were being investigated for being involved with a local gang. Apparently because of BLM the Memphis police dept. has had to lower their hiring standards so much in order to be able to have enough officers , that they have been hiring some very questionable candidates. These guys don't have their old tribes from Africa , they have their new tribes here in America, it's their gangs .
I used to live in Northern Virginia in the 1980s. The DC police had hundreds of diversity hires involved in every imaginable type of crime, even rape and murder. this is not new. However, the trend has now accelerated across the country.