Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
JCP

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by JCP »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:13 am
John wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:54 pm
** 06-Mar-2021 Some advice
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:33 pm
> What if there is just slow degradation and we all lament the
> shitty, anti-Consitution state of US affairs, but at least we have
> an out from monetary repression? If you are a GD guy and
> doomsayer, God is your only way out. He's the only way out
> anyway. If you all are wrong on the quality of the collapse (just
> bad decline, on and on) your future without BTC is much, much
> worse.

> This is so obvious I would have let it go if you all weren't so
> insolent, but now I'll be dunking in your face when it gets to
> 100k and beyond.
Are you OK? Your posts make you seem not OK.

The last person in this forum who seemed to become erratic and melt
down was FishbellykanakaDude, who then simply disappeared, and I don't
believe in a good way.

Didn't your parents tell you to respect your elders? I think there's
also something about that in the Bible. It's good advice. You ought
to take it.

At least take a day off and think about it.
I respect the posts of yours that earn it. If you are honest, you will see I have congratulated many of your posts. You have cursed and said worse from time to time. When elders say foolish things and promote despair, they are not doing anything virtuous, nor are their statements worthy of respect.

If you met me in person, you'd like me. But we are exchanging ideas on the internet. As such, the ideas are all that matters. You are on year 20 of doom. What's worse is that you don't know the way out - and when I give all of my well founded and researched supports of positions that can help others, you emotionally trash them for no reason.

I always stick around to see if people can show humility or mature. It could be me in this case. But notice, that's what makes me different. I will own it if my takes don't turn out and I'll be around to admit it. Why? I care about the truth.
I would like you to stick around and continue to post. I don't agee with you on Bitcoin, but the rest of what you say is reasonable, even occasionally insightful. We are gladiators here.

Post by Guest »

Unregistered wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:12 pm
There will be a massive push back from middle America when they realise what's been let loose, perhaps the illegal immigrants numbers will explode the issue.
Opposing Open Borders is racist. Not Really, but the time to be logical and honest about it has already passed. America's coffin has been nailed shut.

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:33 am
Unregistered wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:12 pm
There will be a massive push back from middle America when they realise what's been let loose, perhaps the illegal immigrants numbers will explode the issue.
Opposing Open Borders is racist. Not Really, but the time to be logical and honest about it has already passed. America's coffin has been nailed shut.
True dat!

Post by Guest »

I have been unable to gain access to my outlook.com email account for 10 days. Microsoft have said nothing.

The 'cloud' fad is one data breach away from falling out of fashion. Maybe this was it.

UK calling

Post by UK calling »

Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:37 am
I have been unable to gain access to my outlook.com email account for 10 days. Microsoft have said nothing.

The 'cloud' fad is one data breach away from falling out of fashion. Maybe this was it.
Much of the problem lies in organizations' unwillingness to patch their servers.

The security guys can usually convince IT management of the need for a robust patching program but patching in some organizations can mean an interruption of service and that's something the business managers won't sanction.

As someone who made a career out of privacy and security I know a number of globals and multi-nationals whose Microsoft servers in particular are years behind current patch levels, making them very easy targets for anyone who wants to take a shot at them.

Post by Guest »

There Is No Such Thing as "White" Math

The woke ideology, on the other hand, treats both science and mathematics as social constructs and condemns the way they are practiced, in research and teaching, as manifestations of white supremacy, euro-centrism, and post-colonialism.

Take for example the recent educational program called “a pathway to equitable math instruction.” The program is backed financially by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; it counts among its partners the Lawrence Hall of Science at UC Berkeley, the California Math project, the Association of California School Administrators, and the Los Angeles County Office of Education, among others; and it was recently sent to Oregon teachers by the state’s Department of Education.

The program argues that “white supremacy culture shows up in the classroom when the focus is on getting the ‘right’ answer” or when students are required to show their work, while stipulating that the very “concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false”. The main goal of the program is “to dismantle racism in mathematics instruction” with the expressly political aim of engaging “the sociopolitical turn in all aspects of education, including mathematics.”

In the past, I would have said that such statements should be ignored as too radical and absurd to merit refutation. But recent trends across the country suggest that we no longer have that luxury.
https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/there- ... white-math

America is done. Bitcoin won't save you or your family from this trainwreck, but a beach in Uruguay sounds good to me.

What are teachers unions for again?

Read this piece of throught crime before it is deleted by the tech lords or the Biden-Harris Admin...

Post by Guest »

The program is backed financially by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
I thought Kill Bill was supposed to be a good guy.

How much more proof do you need that he is not?

Post by Guest »

UK calling wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:44 am
Guest wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:37 am

Much of the problem lies in organizations' unwillingness to patch their servers.

The security guys can usually convince IT management of the need for a robust patching program but patching in some organizations can mean an interruption of service and that's something the business managers won't sanction.

As someone who made a career out of privacy and security I know a number of globals and multi-nationals whose Microsoft servers in particular are years behind current patch levels, making them very easy targets for anyone who wants to take a shot at them.
I agree, however this is an exploit for on-premise Exhange servers, not those hosted in the cloud (or rather Office 365). It will be used as leverage by IT managers to migrate to the cloud to take away these 'headaches'. It is also in Microsoft's interest to get more customers to move to the cloud.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Inflation Or Deflation? Market Expert Reveals How It Will All End | Luke Gromen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXukPO-EnwI
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

JCP wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:27 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:13 am
John wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:54 pm
** 06-Mar-2021 Some advice

Are you OK? Your posts make you seem not OK.

The last person in this forum who seemed to become erratic and melt
down was FishbellykanakaDude, who then simply disappeared, and I don't
believe in a good way.

Didn't your parents tell you to respect your elders? I think there's
also something about that in the Bible. It's good advice. You ought
to take it.

At least take a day off and think about it.
I respect the posts of yours that earn it. If you are honest, you will see I have congratulated many of your posts. You have cursed and said worse from time to time. When elders say foolish things and promote despair, they are not doing anything virtuous, nor are their statements worthy of respect.

If you met me in person, you'd like me. But we are exchanging ideas on the internet. As such, the ideas are all that matters. You are on year 20 of doom. What's worse is that you don't know the way out - and when I give all of my well founded and researched supports of positions that can help others, you emotionally trash them for no reason.

I always stick around to see if people can show humility or mature. It could be me in this case. But notice, that's what makes me different. I will own it if my takes don't turn out and I'll be around to admit it. Why? I care about the truth.
I would like you to stick around and continue to post. I don't agee with you on Bitcoin, but the rest of what you say is reasonable, even occasionally insightful. We are gladiators here.
To show John I'm really not an adversary, I'll take a break for the lenten season (coming up), as it's good to get away from the modern life/internet world for a while. In that he is correct. But rest assured I'm doing just fine and will continue to try to help everyone here by stressing things that maybe they aren't seeing.

Thanks JCP. I think the good thing about right leaning people is that they are OK with debates, criticism and don't get overly emotional about particular disputes. Much of the email, text, internet posting media is sadly so one dimensional, it is true, that we lose out on other ways of expressing ourselves. And we are fairly anonymous, so that makes us lash out a bit here and there. That's why I never hold anything against anyone. I hope others feel the same way. It's only guys like the polytick moron that are annoying because there is nothing in their words but chaos and foolishness. Their premises are so bankrupt the ideas that flow from them are just breathtakingly stupid and dangerous.