Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by Guest »

Navigator wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:25 am
Guest wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:47 am
I don't know why the US doesn't fly over a few extra squadrons of planes and base them in Eastern Europe till the Russian return they're troops back to camp. Minimal cost compared to a war. I doubt the Russian S400 anti air defence is as good as claimed. The RAF and USAF have been probing it for the past 2 years they must know it's weaknesses by now.
This is actually a quite insightful question, as it lays bare the empty rhetoric of the west right now.

The reason is that the US, and the rest of NATO, have no plans to do anything to substantially help the Ukrainians when the Russians attack. They may send some supplies, but it will be too late at that point.

I most of the wargames about potential conflict (see the lengthy article on this I posted a few days back), the west reinforces Europe and S Korea/Japan BEFORE the start of hostilities. They also get their reserves mobilized while the bad guys are mobilizing theirs, and all of the other sane moves one would take when you see your enemies moving towards war.

In reality, NONE of the western world (I would include not only NATO, but S Korea and Japan as well) are not going to do anything until well after the shooting starts. Even then, they will attempt to do nothing until they are almost forced to do so. On top of that, their readiness state when they join hostilities (if they ever do) will be abysmal.

Once they take over the Ukraine, Russia is going to find that NATO will do almost nothing to increase the defense of the Baltics, or even Poland. Nobody is going to mobilize their reserve forces, nobody will even increase defense spending.

In the case of Taiwan, I have serious doubts the current US Administration would do anything to defend them. I would not be surprised at all that in the case of an actual Chinese attack that Biden would order the American carriers out of the area.

As far as the Germans go, I could even see them going so far as to tell NATO that in the event of a war with Russia in Poland/Baltics, that no-one with "hostile intent" is allowed to transit their country (meaning no land reinforcement of Poland/Baltics). The new German Foreign Minister is from the Green party, and God only knows how far left German foreign and defense policy is moving right now.
The German decision to close their nuclear power plants makes them more dependent on Putin. Their energy strategy is worse than ours, and makes them very poor allies indeed.

If any evidence were needed that the Germans have sold their soul here it is.

Guest Derek

Post by Guest Derek »

Putin must regard the Germans as a real bunch of dopes, first they shut all their modern nuclear power plants and then throw buns at the bear to encourage him into their tent.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Mark D wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:09 pm
Cool Breeze wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:03 pm
Mark D wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:35 pm
Russia is looking a few years down the road. Europe is still in denial, but Russia is facing the fact of imminent implosion in the Chinese economy. When China goes, Germany goes. When Germany goes the Euro and the EU goes. The world free trade order collapses leaving only North America as a viable consumer market. In such a world Russia faces biblical famine, UNLESS it gains control of Ukraine and it's food production. Don't get between the greatest nuclear power on earth and dinner.
Why does Germany go when China goes?

And why can't I say that women shouldn't rule over anybody?
Are you serious? You don't see the connection between the Chinese and German economies?
I'm asking you to delineate why "when China goes, Germay goes" - I don't disagree, but support your bold statement.

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:38 pm
Mark D wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

Are you serious? You don't see the connection between the Chinese and German economies?
I'm asking you to delineate why "when China goes, Germay goes" - I don't disagree, but support your bold statement.
That's no bolder a statement than saying it's cold in Alaska at Christmas.

You know, for someone who prides himself on analysis of everything (which is often wrong, especially in regards to BTC), I find it telling that you can't add 2+2 on what the poster stated.

Post by Guest »

Cool Breeze wrote:
Mark D wrote:
Cool Breeze wrote:

You know, for someone who prides himself on his analysis of everything (which is often wrong, especially in regards to BTC), I find it telling that you can't add 2+2 on what the poster stated.

Der Alte Berlin

Post by Der Alte Berlin »

Interesting how different the the German newspapers are reporting about the tensions. No word about Germany blocking the exclusion of Russia from SWIFT. A little grumbling and lots of strong wording, but the emphasis is on further talks with Russia on many different levels.
I know many people will disagree, but keeping the Russian bear happy is the only option Germany has. Alternativlos - left without options - so to say. The most prominent of the words Merkel uses so often to justify her failing policies. One of them was the transition to the so called green energy. As a result, the moment Russia will close the taps for oil and gas Germany will descend into chaos and the government will survive one or two weeks. This is the good news - the bad news is that the rest of EU would follow shortly. So lots of bark and no bite will be the outcome of this exercise.

Post by Guest »

After Biden's "minor incursion" gaff today, I have come to the conclusion that the whole world is screwed.

Preppers: your very brief moment is approaching...

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:43 am
Cool Breeze wrote:
Mark D wrote:

You know, for someone who prides himself on analysis of everything (which is often wrong, especially in regards to BTC), I find it telling that you can't add 2+2 on what the poster stated.
Another useless comment. If it's so obvious, explain it - seems pretty obvious you can't. Why bother posting? You confirm that "guests" are trolls, worthless.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Der Alte Berlin wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:04 am
Interesting how different the the German newspapers are reporting about the tensions. No word about Germany blocking the exclusion of Russia from SWIFT. A little grumbling and lots of strong wording, but the emphasis is on further talks with Russia on many different levels.
I know many people will disagree, but keeping the Russian bear happy is the only option Germany has. Alternativlos - left without options - so to say. The most prominent of the words Merkel uses so often to justify her failing policies. One of them was the transition to the so called green energy. As a result, the moment Russia will close the taps for oil and gas Germany will descend into chaos and the government will survive one or two weeks. This is the good news - the bad news is that the rest of EU would follow shortly. So lots of bark and no bite will be the outcome of this exercise.
And they have it coming for all of their insanity. The sooner those leaders are swinging from the gallows, as is the case with many of the american gov't swamp creatures, the better.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:38 am
After Biden's "minor incursion" gaff today, I have come to the conclusion that the whole world is screwed.

Preppers: your very brief moment is approaching...
Preppers have been saying that for 10 years or more. What's more interesting to me is supposedly how long you need to "survive" for it to cool down and thus getting killed by the zombies is much less, or not at all, a danger.