Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
BOH

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by BOH »

America will become a free for all like Syria soon. Then turn into South Africa or The Congo followed by Mexico
Won't that be fun? Oh, and the Mexicans don't think Black lives matter. Problem solved. The real fireworks will be between Latinos and Blacks. And whites won't come to the aid of either side.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

BOH wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:49 pm
America will become a free for all like Syria soon. Then turn into South Africa or The Congo followed by Mexico
Won't that be fun? Oh, and the Mexicans don't think Black lives matter. Problem solved. The real fireworks will be between Latinos and Blacks. And whites won't come to the aid of either side.
We're seeing all too many proclamations like this recently and it just isn't true.

The US will never become Syria, or South Africa or the Congo or Mexico. Those states have long-standing problems and have always been social and economic underperformers. The US is still the #1 economy in the world and the destination of choice of most emigrants. That should tell you something. Are there problems in the US right now? Sure there are, but compare to them to the 1960's. I don't think things are worse than they were then. You had protests and riots continuously. In contrast, despite what Big News wants you to believe, race relations in the US are actually pretty good now.

There is a tendency for many people to eulogize a past golden age that never existed and fear a corresponding imminent catastrophe that will also never exist.

Cool Breeze

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:21 pm
My guess is that Maxine Waters said what she said knowing that a guilty verdict could in fact put a lot of this to rest. Because of what she said, all that has to happen now is for a juror to say that they "knew we had to find him guilty or rioting would have broken out". On that basis, the convictions probably get tossed out and the uproar really begins. Which is what Waters and similarly minded people actually want.

The problem is that confrontation/violence are not going to work in a society where the oppressed are in fact a small minority. If they go down this road, it is NOT going to work out well for anyone. In the end, they will be crushed.

As far as this being the "end of America" it is nowhere near that point. There have been massive social upheavals before. It will take war/economic collapse to bring America to its knees. This will happen, and then you can add a race war to it to make it even worse. But it will take the expenditure of the wealth and strength of the country first to get to that point.

As an American, where are you going to flee to? Wherever you go, you will be a hated foreigner. Plus, for the US to go down the tubes, it will be as bad anywhere else, and probably much worse.
This is largely accurate, well done Navi. I don't know where these guys get the doomsday stuff from. Yes, America is not the same. Yes, it has many problems. But think of it (I don't think they consider how propaganda works, btw guys, it reinforces those who see reality well and makes them dig in deeper during the same stupid 24 hour news cycle with smartphones, internet, bloviators, bravado, etc)

America is also HUGE in size. Localism and regionalism are ways out of bad areas of the country (mainly big cities) that is a huge difference between the USA and some other small country. Having and carrying guns also is, another huge difference (that I hope we don't have to employ, but deterrence is there, that's for sure).

Cool Breeze

Re: Police Reform

Post by Cool Breeze »

Navigator wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:25 pm
Read some good stories today about Chauvin being an outcast and seen as a bully by fellow officers. As I pointed out before, the police departments know who their bad apples are. In a non-union environment, Chauvin would have been shown the door years ago as he got complaints far in excess of his peers. But the unions protect the bad apples.

The only way to reform the police is to DE-UNIONIZE the police forces. Of course, this is a complete non-starter for a liberal administration, or for liberal city governments, who have the biggest problems.
Nailed it again. Good work.

Cool Breeze

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News - Will vaccine passports be ubiquitous?

Post by Cool Breeze »

Open question:

Do you believe "vaccine passports" will be ubiquitous? If so, how would this not be a world in which civil liberties clearly are gone? Will all countries require it? Is it just another corporate program lording over the people until said time? Will there be competition?

Will there be black markets?

Why would you want to travel if you are worried about this "disease"?

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Israel has bombed targets in Syria after a missile fired from there nearly hit a nuclear reactor.

https://apnews.com/article/ap-top-news- ... 77adc5978c

Post by Guest »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:36 pm
BOH wrote:
We're seeing all too many proclamations like this recently and it just isn't true.

The US will never become Syria, or South Africa or the Congo or Mexico. Those states have long-standing problems and have always been social and economic underperformers. The US is still the #1 economy in the world and the destination of choice of most emigrants. That should tell you something. Are there problems in the US right now? Sure there are, but compare to them to the 1960's. I don't think things are worse than they were then. You had protests and riots continuously. In contrast, despite what Big News wants you to believe, race relations in the US are actually pretty good now.

There is a tendency for many people to eulogize a past golden age that never existed and fear a corresponding imminent catastrophe that will also never exist.
There is also a tendency towards wishful thinking in times of crisis. I wonder if any ancient Romans like you existed in 476 AD?

JCP

Post by JCP »

Guest wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:59 pm
Xeraphim1 wrote:
BOH wrote:

There is also a tendency towards wishful thinking in times of crisis. I wonder if any ancient Romans like you existed in 476 AD?
I doubt it. The ancient Romans were far too logical, and they didn't have CNN and the BBC to distract them.

tangent

Post by tangent »

NY is quite a distance from me, but I see quite a lot of NY license plates in my state. I live in a state unruined by Democrats, but now I feel like maybe there is no place left and all we have is a neverending Democrat hellscape. They are a parasite class so they destroy one place and move to the next to destroy that place too until everyone is dead.

Post by Guest »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
BOH wrote:

"They had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes."

-George Orwell - Animal Farm