Generational Dynamics World View News

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
mooreupp

Re: Generational Dynamics World View News

Post by mooreupp »

I do think China's military will adapt quick, but agree a military occuption of The Phillipeans in unlikely. Maybe as part of a wider war they are attacked and maybe bombs dropped and mass casualties. It's unlikely they directly stay there long though (although I suppose setting up a pupet government possible).

Long and short if it is there is no good place to be, only less risky ones. Im still in a medium large size American city and am having trouble deciding to leave due to family concerns. I know dragging my feet here is probably a mistake though.

Post by Guest »

America is surrendering to mob rule. if Trump fails to be re-elected, America will fall. The dollar will be gone by the end of the year. The racist hypocrisy of the mob is beyond belief.

My mother's passing was the most traumatic experience of my trauma filled life, but watching my country collapse now, I thank God that she did not live long enough to experience this.

Xeraphim1

Post by Xeraphim1 »

Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:10 pm

No, a couple of submarines would not be enough to neutralize the Chinese navy. The war might start in The Philippines, which means America could help.
I few submarines would prevent movement of transports. Men and materiel are expensive and barring a grave emergency no one is going to risk them going to the bottom of the ocean. It takes too long to replace these days.
But what if this was going on when the Chinese were attacking Taiwan and Japan? I don't know how much of a priority the mouth of Manila would be.
As if China has the ability to fight a three front war. Make that four because I doubt South Korea could sit out something like that. They'd know they were next. Or five since the US would certainly get involved. Maybe six because India might decide to poke the dragon while it's preoccupied.

And you know what the first step would be? Stopping all trade with China, especially oil. China's reserves aren't enough to last more than a couple of months and only Chinese owned vessels would consider delivering in such a state. Oops. And all the other ships delivering raw materials and food will stop. Oops.
What if they decided to drop a small nuclear bomb on Manila? I think the current admin would surrender.
What if alien space bats come flying out of my butt? What if the moon turns to blood? What if King Arthur flies by on a winged unicorn swinging Excalibur? If you're going to posit fiction you might as well go for the gold.

No country is going to use nuclear weapons unless there is an existential threat. Going first lays you open to nuclear retaliation from other states as well as worldwide opprobrium. The Philippines could never be an existential threat because it has no way to project force beyond it's own borders.
The way you talk, China is the biggest paper tiger on the face of the earth. While the current Chinese military does lack combat experience, they are fast learners. You are grossly underestimating the Chinese. I think you keep failing to see that sheer numbers and a willingness to lose tens of millions of soldiers is what China does best.
China is the #2 military in the world right now with a desire to move to #1. It's capabilities are increasing year by year and it's a much bigger threat than Russia. However, it's weapons are mostly untested in use so it's still be seen how well they may function in combat. The largest problem is experience which for the most part China doesn't have. Training is good, but it's not a substitute for actually doing the job. And China is out of the throwing millions of barely armed peasants into the grinder business. It moved to a professional Western style military years ago.
Enjoy your retirement...
I certainly intend to though it can't come fast enough. I will raise my glass in toast to you as I watch the sun go down over the ocean. While I eat sizzling sissig and crispy pata.

Post by Guest »

Xeraphim1 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:36 am
Guest wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:10 pm

No, a couple of submarines would not be enough to neutralize the Chinese navy. The war might start in The Philippines, which means America could help.
I few submarines would prevent movement of transports. Men and materiel are expensive and barring a grave emergency no one is going to risk them going to the bottom of the ocean. It takes too long to replace these days.
But what if this was going on when the Chinese were attacking Taiwan and Japan? I don't know how much of a priority the mouth of Manila would be.
As if China has the ability to fight a three front war. Make that four because I doubt South Korea could sit out something like that. They'd know they were next. Or five since the US would certainly get involved. Maybe six because India might decide to poke the dragon while it's preoccupied.

And you know what the first step would be? Stopping all trade with China, especially oil. China's reserves aren't enough to last more than a couple of months and only Chinese owned vessels would consider delivering in such a state. Oops. And all the other ships delivering raw materials and food will stop. Oops.
What if they decided to drop a small nuclear bomb on Manila? I think the current admin would surrender.
What if alien space bats come flying out of my butt? What if the moon turns to blood? What if King Arthur flies by on a winged unicorn swinging Excalibur? If you're going to posit fiction you might as well go for the gold.

No country is going to use nuclear weapons unless there is an existential threat. Going first lays you open to nuclear retaliation from other states as well as worldwide opprobrium. The Philippines could never be an existential threat because it has no way to project force beyond it's own borders.
The way you talk, China is the biggest paper tiger on the face of the earth. While the current Chinese military does lack combat experience, they are fast learners. You are grossly underestimating the Chinese. I think you keep failing to see that sheer numbers and a willingness to lose tens of millions of soldiers is what China does best.
China is the #2 military in the world right now with a desire to move to #1. It's capabilities are increasing year by year and it's a much bigger threat than Russia. However, it's weapons are mostly untested in use so it's still be seen how well they may function in combat. The largest problem is experience which for the most part China doesn't have. Training is good, but it's not a substitute for actually doing the job. And China is out of the throwing millions of barely armed peasants into the grinder business. It moved to a professional Western style military years ago.
Enjoy your retirement...
I certainly intend to though it can't come fast enough. I will raise my glass in toast to you as I watch the sun go down over the ocean. While I eat sizzling sissig and crispy pata.
That is the most childish response I have ever read on this site. The quality of posts on this site has really declined from it was a few years ago.

John

Post by John »

** 05-Jun-2020 World View: Quality
Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:12 pm
> That is the most childish response I have ever read on this
> site. The quality of posts on this site has really declined from
> it was a few years ago.
Actually, the quality of the posts in the last few weeks has been very
high, with a number of very sophisticated analyses of what's going on
with China and the world.

And Xeraphim1's response looks pretty reasonable to me.

Post by Guest »

The Philippines will just be a battlefield, nothing more. It's people will be mere statistics, if anyone bothers to keep them. I doubt the Chinese are losing sleep over the Philippines' combat capabilities. The rest of Asia views the Filipino government with contempt. They are cowards and they sold out their own territorial integrity at the worst possible moment, when the World Court ruled in their favor. They are inept, corrupt, and cowardly. That's what Asia thinks of them. Read the Chinese message boards. They are filled with contempt for Filipinos. They are compared to Africans. The Philippines had their opportunity, and they squandered it. While the rest of Asia re-armed for the last 20 years, the Filipinos dithered. No, they will just be what they were in the Second World War, a battle field. I don't see anyone drinking wine and stuffing their face in the Philippines for much longer. Unless you are a Chinese soldier.

Cali

Post by Cali »

For the blind...let me clue you in on whats coming. Police disbanded or defunded (already started), forced reparations, armed antifa or black panthers roaming YOUR street for compliance. Cant happen to you? Our own military submitted to the horde.

I abhor violence. But self defense is the last line People MUST protect themselves, family and community from the communist horde or its over.

The Commander of the California National Guard should have the stars ripped from his shoulders.

John

Post by John »

** 05-Jun-2020 World View: Philippines UN Hague Tribunal decision on South China Sea
Guest wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:45 pm
> The Philippines will just be a battlefield, nothing more. It's
> people will be mere statistics, if anyone bothers to keep them. I
> doubt the Chinese are losing sleep over the Philippines' combat
> capabilities. The rest of Asia views the Filipino government with
> contempt. They are cowards and they sold out their own territorial
> integrity at the worst possible moment, when the World Court ruled
> in their favor. They are inept, corrupt, and cowardly. That's what
> Asia thinks of them. Read the Chinese message boards. They are
> filled with contempt for Filipinos. They are compared to
> Africans. The Philippines had their opportunity, and they
> squandered it. While the rest of Asia re-armed for the last 20
> years, the Filipinos dithered. No, they will just be what they
> were in the Second World War, a battle field. I don't see anyone
> drinking wine and stuffing their face in the Philippines for much
> longer. Unless you are a Chinese soldier.
You're right that Duterte gave in to Xi Jinping, but Xi explicitly
threatened war if Duterte hadn't done so:

** 11-Sep-18 World View -- Tensions grow in Philippines as Duterte turns against China in South China Sea
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180911

** 21-Nov-18 World View -- Philippines president Duterte renews policy of China appeasement
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181121

The Philippine people hate the Chinese people. Also, the Chinese
people have been contemptuous of the Philippines people for a long
time:

** 10-May-12 World View -- China's media 'accidentally' claims Philippines as part of China
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e120510

Post by Guest »

You're right that Duterte gave in to Xi Jinping, but Xi explicitly
threatened war if Duterte hadn't done so
So much for the mighty, mighty Filipino military. Whoever Xeraphim is, best you drink heavily and eat quickly because it doesn't look like your dream retirement is going to last long. Just saying.

Post by Guest »

According to Yahoo Finance reporter , the May jobs report: US economy unexpectedly adds 2.5 million payrolls, unemployment rate falls to 13.3%. I guess we will be back to 3% employment soon using government math.

11 million apply for unemployment in May, yet we ADD 2.5 million jobs? Excuse me while I develop a hernia laughing. 2.5 million jobs are not new jobs. They are furloughed and laid off employees brought back as new hires.

What do you think of the state of the US economy, John? Most of the people around me are hurting...