Sino-American war

Topics related to current and historical events occurring in various countries and regions
Trevor

Sino-American war

Post by Trevor »

What I keep wondering about is this: can we defeat China if it comes down to it? Today, I believe that we can, although we'd pay a high price for it. A few years down the line, though, I have my doubts, especially if we continue what we're doing.

Sooner or later, I see this becoming nuclear. It may be that way from the beginning, or it could be delayed until the final months of the war when one side believes that they have no other option. Estimates are that they have 75-80 ICBMs. We'll succeed in shooting down many of them, but even if we knock down, say, 90 percent of them, the 10 percent that get through will still kill millions.

Admittedly, one thing I'd do if I were president and I knew what was coming is to put a priority on strengthening our ballistic missile defenses.

Marc

Re: Sino-American war

Post by Marc »

Trevor, I couldn't agree more in regards to beefing up America's anti-ballistic missile defenses, and the consequences of even 10 percent of nukes shot at America and/or its allies getting through to their targets. I really look at ABM-related research as practically "Priority A" for our military and any military-related research we do.

However, there may well be American top-secret, groundbreaking ABM research going on right now that we don't know about, being funded through shadowy channels. The US Air Force has already figured out how to use a fighter-jet-mounted laser to shoot down a missile (at least a test missile); there may be much more that is successfully tested shortly by the US military relating to laser, pulse, sonic, and other ultra-fast weaponry. We are likely to sorely need it in the near future. —Best regards, Marc

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Based on what I have read about those defenses, it seems like some of the tests have been successful, but some haven't, so we've got a ways to go. Course, if and when a war breaks out, we'll say: "We can't tinker with it any longer. We have to put it on the front lines and hope for the best."

My estimate is that our ships can take down 80-90 percent of the missiles they fire at us, depending on how far away they are from them. In a naval or air battle, we've got China beat by a long shot, but the big problem is their nuclear arsenal.The recent report of their tunnels erased any doubt I had about us being at war with China one day.

Marc

Post by Marc »

Indeed, it is hard to imagine that those Chinese nuke-storage tunnels would not be "somehow" used for military offense, not just military defense. I'm sure it keeps American military generals and admirals awake at night in a state of frenetic thoughts. —Regards, Marc

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Japan did the same thing in the 1930s. Numerous generals were warning that war with Japan was a possibility and urged the country to prepare. Course, our politician's heads were and are in a very snug place. We paid dearly for it too, but that doesn't mean we can't do it again.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Stopping 90% of 3,000 nukes means 300 mushroom clouds on American soil.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Hence our need to boost our ballistic missile defenses. We probably can't shoot down every one of them, but the more we manage, the better off our country will be.

widestaringeyes

Post by widestaringeyes »

I don't think China would use nukes UNLESS we put boots on the mainland. And yes, I think China would nuke their own territory if it had an invasion force on it. Imagine Russia's level of readiness once nukes start lifting off from Chinese territories reguardless of their supposed destinations. And, Imagine Russia's pucker-factor if nukes start FALLING on Chinese territories. Russia would have absolutely zero insurance that nukes from us were in fact headed towards China and NOT THEM. They would have to take our word for it. Do you relly think they would just sit there? I do not. This would be a scenario where Russia could be hit severely without ever having hit back in retaliation. I just don't see that hapening. You must keep in mind, China, should it choose to conduct combat operations, will have to get its troops from China to whatever destination. And they will have to do this by land, sea, or air (or any combo of the three). This is virtually impossible so long as the USN and USAF are both still fully intact. There is just NO WAY China could move any sizeable military force from its' mainland without taking massive casualties, let alone the casualties faced once troops arrived at said destination (providing any actually do). So, since China lacks the true ability to project power abroad, they are kind-of stuck in a defensive posture. I do not see them using nukes in an offensive manner. The return on that investment would be very poor indeed.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Well, they don't have the capability we do, but they're rapidly developing it. At this point, they could take Taiwan, but that island is less than 100 miles away from their mainland. I would also add the Philippines and all of Japan's smaller islands to that list. I don't think they can invade the Japanese mainland just yet, but give it a couple years and they'll have that ability.

As for us, considering this is a crisis era, we would put quite willing to put troops on their mainland if we considered it necessary. If they refused to give up and since they're in the same era, they would, we'd do it. We were prepared to invade Japan, despite the massive casualties we knew that we would endure.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Hmmm, regarding a possible WW3

In the 2011 Davos meeting, 4 of the top 5 global risks were Meteorological, Climatological, Hydrological and Biological catastrophe

Comments to the Zero hedge posting http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-pos ... ople-exist

flattrader

>>>When you start hearing the language of Huxley and Orwell on the slopes of the Swiss Alps, then you’d best believe that something fundamental has shifted and that a lot of the rich and powerful are more frightened than they used to be.<<<

They'll be "hearing" from all of us soon.

Login or register to post comments
Fri, 01/27/2012 - 08:34 | 2102127BoNeSxxx

I concur however more and more I am becoming convinced that the mob will be slow to rise. Sure, the 15 of us will get off our asses and do something but I am not sure anything short of a prod will dislodge the sheeple from their television perches.

As an aside... Meteorological Catastrophe! Climatological Catasatrophe! Hydrological Catastrophe! What the hell were they expecting to happen in 2011???

Fri, 01/27/2012 - 08:35 | 2102132Bartanist

Expecting or planning?

Some say that there are other forces at work here, thwarting their effrorts.

Fri, 01/27/2012 - 08:43 | 2102151BoNeSxxx

I almost went there... thanks for carrying my water.

Expect 'Alien Invasion' to be on the list in 2013

Other people seem to be noticing some kind of change, there may be a few Jokers in the deck, REAL game changers- so lets go down the rabbit hole
One of our major problems is religion ,comments by Richard Hoagland, we can't handle the truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyvAh621 ... re=related
From the Disclosure Project short highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvySTIkM ... re=related the longer almost two hour version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk .
From the Disclosure Project ex military personal talk about UFO's, reverse engineered technology, such as zero point energy and superluminal technology, and about some UFO's abilities to scramble missile launch codes to prevent their launch.

It is interesting to note that in the ancient Sumerian "Book of Enki" the Annunaki, a race from a different planet experienced a two sided nuclear war on their home planet before devising a structure for their planetary peace.
This book also states why we humans are related to them -- we are a hybrid specie ---human dna Loyd Pye http://www.lloydpye.com/breakingnews_dnadeepthroat.htm

Dear Mr. Pye:
I agree with your conclusions [that humans are genetically engineered] and will give you a few hints, if you wish [speaking] as a “DNA Deep Throat.” First, look up the huge discontinuities between humans and the various apes for: (1) Whole mitochondrial DNA; (2) genes for the Rh Factor; (3) and human Y chromosomes, among others.

Regarding #3, I refer you to K.D. Smith’s 1987 study titled “Repeated DNA sequences of the human Y chromosome.” It says “Most human Y chromosome sequences thus far examined do not have homologues [same relative position or structure] on the Y chromosomes of other primates.” Human female X chromosomes do look somewhat apelike, but not the male’s Y.

This means that if humans are a crossbred species, the cross had to be between a female ape-like creature [i.e, “creature of Earth”] and a male being from elsewhere.

The above description of hybridization is explained in the book of Enki.
It appears that we may have a global nuclear war as a "right of passage" like the Annunaki since we are related. However the "Others" may prevent it by nullifying missile launch codes, or other actions at the appropriate time.
I do not think we know who or what all the players are, least of all their motives.