List of discussion topics on WW III

Topics related to current and historical events occurring in various countries and regions
Tom Mazanec

List of discussion topics on WW III

Post by Tom Mazanec »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

John

Re: List of discussion topics on WW III

Post by John »

Very interesting!

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

I looked through it. I notice on the majority of the topics, America is considered the evil empire and blamed for starting WWIII, instead of China.

John

Post by John »

Trevor wrote:I looked through it. I notice on the majority of the topics, America is considered the evil empire and blamed for starting WWIII, instead of China.
So what else is new?

ColoradoPlainsman

Post by ColoradoPlainsman »

Curious- If China is heading to a civil war, what are the element to it? Are there ethnicity's, tribes, regions, what? Who will be rebelling against what or who? I admit, I have a paucity of knowledge on China's internal workings or potential divisions.

jmm1184

Post by jmm1184 »

It would most likely be along a rural vs. urban division. The cities are quite wealthy, while the countryside is dirt poor. Most of the population is ethnically homogeneous, though regional identities are strong and would only become more distinct in a civil war. The north and south of china, in particular, are very different. Moreover, before the revolution a chief faultline was peasant vs. landlord. All the landlords were killed at the end of the revolution, so it would probably be peasants vs. party officials.

The irony of the situation is incredible: a people's rebellion against the people's republic.

gerald

Post by gerald »

jmm1184 wrote:It would most likely be along a rural vs. urban division. The cities are quite wealthy, while the countryside is dirt poor. Most of the population is ethnically homogeneous, though regional identities are strong and would only become more distinct in a civil war. The north and south of china, in particular, are very different. Moreover, before the revolution a chief faultline was peasant vs. landlord. All the landlords were killed at the end of the revolution, so it would probably be peasants vs. party officials.

The irony of the situation is incredible: a people's rebellion against the people's republic.
I think a more appropriate explanation would be the people against the party ( the government )