Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
gerald

Re: Financial topics

Post by gerald »

Higgenbotham wrote:Gerald, regarding the Fed, we do know this much:

Bernie Sanders: "My question to you is, will you tell the American people to whom you lent $2.2 trillion of their dollars?"

Ben Bernanke: "No."

Believe me, I don't post this to be a smart ass or with a grin on my face. This is a horrible tragedy for 7 billion people to have fallen into this trap.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2009/03/0 ... 5020090303
Higgenbotham --Some of my posts may seem a little wacky or maybe just putting out stuff to rock someones boat, however there is an underlying reason, that is to get something out. I have learned over the years that the unbelievable maybe true, it is difficult to know what is or is not true, but it may be the missing piece of a puzzle. ( life at times is a puzzle ) -- An unimportant wacky example -- all relevant parties are now dead, and I know of no corroborating information, over 40 years ago my dad - who lets just say worked for a company which provided equipment to various "governments"- told me one day that he came back from Israel where he was INSIDE a military airstrip ( not hanger ) used for jet fighters. Jets would fly out of the mountain and land into the mountain. The entrance was large enough for jets to fly in and out. If one were to fly over the airstrip it would not be seen, since the airstrip was inside the mountain.

cheers

gerald

Post by gerald »

programming?

California Careless -----------
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/20 ... a-careless

"Sadly, government-created software products utterly lack this kind of level of care. Hired guns receive staggering fortunes to write fourth-rate code, and it shows.

Ummm. So let's see here. This "help" page tells us:

The Browse button removes a document;
The Upload button lets you see at a document;
The Back button (oh, sorry, "buten") lets you look at a document (which, I suppose, is different than seeing);
The Remove link uploads a document
The View link (errr, "butten") takes you to the prior page.

Jesus Lord, my God in heaven, did anyone even look at this even once? Every single line is wrong. EVERY ONE. In fact, some links have are wrong in more than one way - - somewhat of a triumph, I think. Who knew there were so many ways to spell "button"?"

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

gerald wrote:I have learned over the years that the unbelievable maybe true, it is difficult to know what is or is not true, but it may be the missing piece of a puzzle.
The Internet has some advantages, though it is still difficult to know. As you said, the winners can rewrite the history, but it's harder for them to do it now. I was discussing the Ross Perot run in 1992 with someone today who was swallowing what those who have been rewriting history lately are putting out. I believe the Ross Perot run was a battle between the "New World Order" or the globalists and the nationalists being represented by Perot. The globalists won that round and now it seems they have been proceeding to rewrite history, proclaiming Perot as a minor candidate who acted as a spoiler to get Clinton elected. Why would they do that? Probably because they're scared to death of a strong third party candidate in 2016. Fact is, though, I don't have to dig through a stack of 25 year old newspapers or rely on my memory to get the facts now.
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/10/26/us/19 ... all&src=pm
http://www.dailypaul.com/25040/ross-perot
Did this stuff happen? Probably, because I've been a first hand witness to about half of these specific tactics. The general tactic being that if they do something bizarre enough to someone who then has the audacity to talk about it, they can pass them off as having mental problems. Oh, we didn't really tap his phone, or spread rumors that his engaged daughter is a lesbian, he was just hallucinating! Or secondarily they can create bonafide mental problems by threatening someone repeatedly and not really carrying out the act. This is done all the time. But it's a lot harder to convince the naive that isn't happening when the information is out there and can be cross checked from a couple dozen different sources using a search engine. So the veil is breaking down, much like the printing press broke down the veil of the church. Sometimes truth or what we can be pretty sure is truth is stranger than any fiction a sound mind can come up with because truth is created by psychopaths.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/F ... 02073.html
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/ar ... read=95832

"Why does the pathocracy fear it is losing control? Because it is threatened by the spread of knowledge. The greatest fear of any psychopath is of being found out. As George H. W. Bush said to journalist Sarah McClendon, December 1992, “If the people knew what we had done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us.”

[Sarah McClendon: "What will the people do if they ever find out the truth about Iraq-gate and Iran contra?

George H.W. Bush: "Sarah, if the American people ever find out what we have done, they will chase us down the streets and lynch us."]

Today, thanks to new information technologies, we are on the brink of unmasking the psychopaths and building a civilization of, by and for the normal human being — a civilization without war, a civilization based on truth, a civilization in which the saintly few rather than the diabolical few would gravitate to positions of power. We already have the knowledge necessary to diagnose psychopathic personalities and keep them out of power. We have the knowledge necessary to dismantle the institutions in which psychopaths especially flourish — militaries, intelligence agencies, large corporations, and secret societies. We simply need to disseminate this knowledge, and the will to use it, as widely as possible."
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Higgenbotham wrote:

We have the knowledge necessary to dismantle the institutions in which psychopaths especially flourish — militaries, intelligence agencies, large corporations, and secret societies. We simply need to disseminate this knowledge, and the will to use it, as widely as possible."
One has to wonder what the world would look like tomorrow, one year from now, and ten years from now, if the United States dismantled it's military and it's intelligence agencies today.

High functioning psychopaths may be as necessary to the continued existence of nations as water and a food supply.

How the people control "their pet psychopaths" may be the real question.

Also, even if some high functioning psychopaths are needed in some institutions, are they also controlling institutions where their very presence threatens the nation ?

John

Post by John »

Higgenbotham wrote: > The Internet has some advantages, though it is still difficult to
> know. As you said, the winners can rewrite the history, but it's
> harder for them to do it now.
I totally disagree. On CNBC you see "experts" say all the time that
stock valuations are at historic lows. They're rewriting history, and
no one's objecting.

Around the 2007 time frame, there was a debate over whether there was
a real estate bubble, and there were some articles question whether
the Tulipomania bubble really occurred. The connection was that if
Tulipomania never occurred, then there's no such thing as a bubble,
and so there's no real estate bubble.

In 2008, I wrote an article on financial bubbles where I quoted the
moronic things that people like Fed Governor Frederic S. Mishkin and
Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz say.

** WSJ's page one story on Bernanke's Princeton 'Bubble Laboratory' is almost incoherent
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e080518

My conclusion from this article is that these mainstream economists
are not stupid enough to believe the things they're saying, and so
they must be lying. That's still true of politicians and economists
today.

So no, I don't agree that it's harder to rewrite history today.

aedens

Post by aedens »

gerald

Post by gerald »

Reality Check wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:

We have the knowledge necessary to dismantle the institutions in which psychopaths especially flourish — militaries, intelligence agencies, large corporations, and secret societies. We simply need to disseminate this knowledge, and the will to use it, as widely as possible."
One has to wonder what the world would look like tomorrow, one year from now, and ten years from now, if the United States dismantled it's military and it's intelligence agencies today.

High functioning psychopaths may be as necessary to the continued existence of nations as water and a food supply.

How the people control "their pet psychopaths" may be the real question.

Also, even if some high functioning psychopaths are needed in some institutions, are they also controlling institutions where their very presence threatens the nation ?

There will always be conflict ( male/female, positive/negative { as in a battery} hot/cold , etc. ) it is built into creation. If there was a stable conflict free society individuals would look for conflict out of boredom --- "Boredom is a condition characterized by perception of one's environment as dull, tedious, and lacking in stimulation." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boredom --- { example, sporting events and gambling } ------------ from a very different perspective, as in spiritual, if a spirit is eternal, how does one deal with the "boredom of eternity" -answer, conflict.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote: > The Internet has some advantages, though it is still difficult to
> know. As you said, the winners can rewrite the history, but it's
> harder for them to do it now.
I totally disagree. On CNBC you see "experts" say all the time that
stock valuations are at historic lows. They're rewriting history, and
no one's objecting.
As you point out, the mainstream news outlets have continued to be successful at writing the "business as usual" version of history and the majority are still swallowing it. The fact that the stock market is where it is now is probably proof that your example is true.

For the minority that wants to seek the truth, there are plausible alternative versions now that weren't available before the Internet existed, though it's difficult to sort them all out and come to any conclusions. Most don't have the resources or the motivation to do this. When the collapse happened in 2008, there were a lot of people on this forum looking but now they're mostly gone. A lot of the discussion was along the lines of, "Don't tell me what happened, just tell me what to do now". It will probably take more failures of various kinds to get more of the population interested in seeking anything other than the mainstream view. For the small number that want an alternative and more correct view on stock valuations they can come to your site and get it. Only in that sense is it harder for the mainstream to rewrite history.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Reality Check wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:

While I agree with the author that the Internet makes it possible, even likely, this will happen in the next 2 or 3 decades, I don't agree the transition will be simple or at all smooth, as he implies. The fact that many people think that some type of transition away from rule by psychopaths will indeed be simple is a reason to be concerned. Syria being a case in point. Yesterday I heard, paraphrasing, "If we can just get this Convention of States going and get the Liberty Amendments to the Constitution passed everything will be OK". I pointed out that it won't be that easy but that didn't reduce the fervor.