Financial topics

Investments, gold, currencies, surviving after a financial meltdown
John

Re: Financial topics

Post by John »

John wrote: > The difference: Rothschild is Jewish, Cargill is not.
Higgenbotham wrote: > I would guess less than 5% of Americans have ever heard of
> Cargill. You would think people would want to know more. I have
> no explanation any better than yours. Even in this forum, Cargill
> has barely been mentioned.
Another explanation: If Cargill is in so many agricultural businesses,
they must spend tens of millions on Washington lobbyists, and they
probably own many members of Congress. As far as the media is
concern, I'm sure their businesses buy lots of advertising.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

When we break down the actual facts about Cargill, the lack of discussion in the mainstream and alternative media is astonishing.

--Cargill is the largest privately held corporation in the United States
--The Cargill family owns 90% of Cargill
--Due to being privately held, the Cargill family is not obligated to disclose the extent of their holdings
--By Forbes' best estimates, the Cargill family consists of more billionaires than any family in the history of the world.

I would add that Cargill trades a significant portion of the grain volume on the CBOT and owns a significant portion of the world's food.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

https://www.amazon.com/Merchants-Grain- ... merReviews
Merchants of Grain: The Power and Profits of the Five Giant Companies at the Center of the World's Food Supply

Top customer reviews

MicroCapClub
5.0 out of 5 stars
a great book on secretive industry
June 16, 2013
Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase

Merchants of Grain is a detailed and alluring account of five very secretive but very large companies that are in the center of the world's food supply: Cargill, Continental, Louis Dreyfus, Bunge, and Andre. All of these companies are as dominating today as they were 25-50-75-100 years ago.

Up until 10 years ago, all five were private (Bunge is now public). One thing has stayed consistent, all of the companies still fly under the radar and are still very much family owned. For example, Simon Fribourg started Continental Grain Company in 1813, and today a Fribourg (Paul Fribourg is the Chairman & CEO) still runs the company. Continental is one of the largest companies in the world.

Although the book was written in 1979, I'm sure not that much has changed in regards to the big five's size and importance to the food supply. In 1974 for example, Cargill's share of American food exports was barley (42%), Oats (32%), Wheat (29%), Sorghum (22%), Soybeans (18%), and Corn (16%). Abroad, the big five domination of the grain trade was even more impressive, controlling 90% of Canada's barley exports, 80% of Argentina's wheat exports, 90% of Australia's sorghum exports. Again, this was in 1974, but I'm sure they still control a vast amount of food resources.

Today, Cargill is the largest private company in the US employing 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues of $133 billion in 2012. Bunge (now public) employs 35,000 in 40 countries with annual revenues of $60 billion. Louis Dreyfus employs 35,000 in 53 countries with annual revenues of $50 billion. The point is these companies are still around and thriving, as they were a generation or two ago.

On the worldwide stage, Grain is as important as Oil. Merchants of Grain provides a captivating history lesson on how these companies got their start and events that transpired throughout the 1900's that allowed them to grow, prosper, and dominate the grain trade
This is much more than I ever knew.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

“I had much to do with agriculture during my twelve years as a U.S. Senator. No company executives―agricultural or otherwise―came through the doors of my Senate office with the consistent competency of those from Cargill. Interestingly, most I met spent their entire career at the Company. Through knowing them and their chairman, Whitney MacMillan, I became an enormous admirer of their company...” (The Hon. Rudy Boschwitz, former U.S. Senator (R-MN) and former Ambassador to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights)

aeden

Post by aeden »

Higgenbotham wrote:
aeden wrote:
Higgenbotham wrote:
That money is long gone.
no
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhTMy9ma2mQ

http://gdxforum.com/forum/search.php?ke ... sf=msgonly

bain mirror
it would be subject to public disclosure
filtered better

http://gdxforum.com/forum/search.php?ke ... sf=msgonly

portfolio management is perception management even before 1987
no big deal since red and blue is the same coin flipped for countless decades

aeden

Post by aeden »

increased book 4
suspect may 20 window
wait and see like the rest
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05- ... narratives

https://www.onlineclassnotes.com/2015/0 ... -else.html

also someone mentioned

Minority Whip Newt Gingrich (Ga.), usually a confrontational leader, rallied House Republicans to support NAFTA.
"This is a vote for history, larger than politics, larger than reelection, larger than personal ego," said Gingrich,
who is to be his party's House leader in 1995.

He is instantly routed as a nested statement in the appropriate plumbing.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/p ... 111893.htm

History seems to show that it is the late Nomads who are the few who strike it rich in the "lottery economy",
while most end up on the "scrap heap".

Agree as does the current risk gap.
Last edited by aeden on Mon May 14, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

Perot, speaking to reporters shortly before last night's vote, lambasted the White House for buying votes and predicted that passage of the trade pact would ignite a huge membership drive for his organization, United We Stand America.

"No votes were changing until the pork started flowing," said Perot, who labeled the White House's use of enticements as "absolutely corrupt."

Perot predicted that both parties would pay a price at the polls in the 1994 congressional elections, and that the anger of working Americans could lead to cancellation of NAFTA in 1995.

He also said he would oppose Clinton's health reform plan with the same vigor with which he fought NAFTA.

"I'm disappointed in my government," Perot said.

Staff writers Peter Behr, Tom Kenworthy, Kevin Merida and Eric Pianin contributed to this report.

© Copyright 1993 The Washington Post Company
I despise the Sheeple more and more with each passing year. Perot laid it out clearly for them in 1993 and it took 23 years for the Sheeple to get a clue. There is no amount of suffering that is any less than what the American Sheeple bought through their stupidity.

aeden

Post by aeden »

To many just getting by H then and alot more now. The centralization and offshoring economic domiciles are
the effect in my simple view. The feature and the result.

Look at the mid term vix structures h. I cannot look by that point. They know it also....

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

aeden wrote:Look at the mid term vix structures h. I cannot look by that point. They know it also....
I'm not doing anything in the market except very short term stuff the first 90 minutes of the NYSE session.

I'm looking for a turn possibly May 25/29.

A lot more now, yes. It is creeping into areas of the socioeconomic structure that were previously safe zones.

aeden

Post by aeden »

White noise refers to a statistical model for signals and signal sources, rather than to any specific signal.

I agree with the caveat of best guess looking around on your references H.
I utilize the first few hours also for some time now.
Last edited by aeden on Mon May 14, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.