30-Oct-18 World View -- Thailand and Thaksin Shinawatra prepare for new national elections

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

30-Oct-18 World View -- Thailand and Thaksin Shinawatra prepare for new national elections

Post by John »

Brief generational history of Thailand

** 30-Oct-18 World View -- Thailand and Thaksin Shinawatra prepare for new national elections
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181030

Contents:
Thailand and Thaksin Shinawatra prepare for new national elections
The shadow of Thaksin Shinawatra
Brief generational history of Thailand

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra,
Yingluck Shinawatra, Pheu Thai Party, Puea Thai Party, Thai Rak Thai, TRT,
Prayuth Chan-ocha, Samak Sundaravej,
Anna Leonowens, Siam, King Mongkut, Rama IV,
Anna and the King of Siam, Rodgers and Hammerstein, The King and I,
Rama V, Malaysia, Kingdom of Patani, Satun, Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat,
China, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Killing fields, King Bhumibol, Rama IX

Silent Guest 1

Re: 30-Oct-18 World View -- Thailand and Thaksin Shinawatra prepare for new national elections

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

John, I see the hint of a romantic in your nature. A hint. My sister and I watched many a "King and I" matinee. A story of glamorized court life in a paternalistic rather ego-driven kingdom.
Nothing vaguely romantic about "The Killing Fields", Sam Waterston's signature role. I think of few nations not sharing Thailand's tortured present. The poor will ever be amongst us. Not an alibi for ignoring needs. The evil giant soros is stoking the fires of earthly hell and not out of ANY concern for the poor.
Every corner of the world will be affected by midterm results. Think carefully before voting. Many of us have sacrificed to preserve our remaining freedoms.