6-Dec-18 World View -- New head of US Central Command says Afghanistan war is unsustainable / DJIA plunges 800 points

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

6-Dec-18 World View -- New head of US Central Command says Afghanistan war is unsustainable / DJIA plunges 800 points

Post by John »

6-Dec-18 World View -- New head of US Central Command says Afghanistan war is unsustainable

DJIA plunges 800 points on Tuesday

** 6-Dec-18 World View -- New head of US Central Command says Afghanistan war is unsustainable
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e181206

Contents:
New head of US Central Command says Afghanistan war is unsustainable
Political opposition to Afghan strategy grows
DJIA plunges 800 points on Tuesday

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Afghanistan, Taliban,
Kenneth McKenzie, Gary Peters, NATO, Jens Stoltenberg,
China, Pakistan, Bagram, Kandahar International Airport,
Dow Jones Industrial Average, DJIA

Silent Guest 1

Re: 6-Dec-18 World View -- New head of US Central Command says Afghanistan war is unsustainable / DJIA plunges 800 poi

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

Those on-site warriors I know, including one now on 4th Afghan deployment, agree that Aghanistan is unwinnable. How many American lives perish in the cross fire is up to those who sit in comfortable Pentagon thrones theorizing victorious homecoming parades. (I realistically envision flag draped caskets of which I have seen far too many.) My own battle strategy is so extreme as to leave little but bases and friendly troops exstant. Crossfire status is a loser.
Those of you who INVEST would be wise to heed John's sound advice. A housing bubble is sure to follow the market's "adjustment". Keep in mind that TARP, the "underserved market" unqualified buyer assured foreclosure scam, is due to expire in days. HUD has successfully demonstrated the taxpayer-milking program's failure. But when did our government ever heed track record

Silent Guest 1

Re: 6-Dec-18 World View -- New head of US Central Command says Afghanistan war is unsustainable / DJIA plunges 800 poi

Post by Silent Guest 1 »

Those on-site warriors I know, including one now on 4th Afghan deployment, agree that Aghanistan is unwinnable. How many American lives perish in the cross fire is up to those who sit in comfortable Pentagon thrones theorizing victorious homecoming parades. (I realistically envision flag draped caskets of which I have seen far too many.) My own battle strategy is so extreme as to leave little but bases and friendly troops exstant. Crossfire status is a loser.
Those of you who INVEST would be wise to heed John's sound advice. A housing bubble is sure to follow the market's "adjustment". Keep in mind that TARP, the "underserved market" unqualified buyer assured foreclosure scam, is due to expire in days. HUD has successfully demonstrated the taxpayer-milking program's failure. But when did our government ever heed track records?

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

And let's not forget Bitcoin, which was the darling, trendy, highly stylish investment of about a year ago. Bitcoin is an asset with nothing backing it but hot air, and it could well become totally worthless in the next few months.

I know Bitcoin is bogus, but what about its technology (blockchain or whatever it is called)? Is this significant, John (I know you are a computer guru)?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Tom Mazanec wrote:And let's not forget Bitcoin, which was the darling, trendy, highly stylish investment of about a year ago. Bitcoin is an asset with nothing backing it but hot air, and it could well become totally worthless in the next few months.

I know Bitcoin is bogus, but what about its technology (blockchain or whatever it is called)? Is this significant, John (I know you are a computer guru)?

https://townhall.com/columnists/georgeg ... m-n2501167

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

Again what Use would these bases have, Why would Chinese and Russian planners leave these bases alone if there is a war? If Russia attacked NATO or China attacked Taiwan, why would these bases not be attacked at the outset? The bases would be obvious forward staging posts for US forces.

John

Post by John »

Cynic Hero 86 wrote: > Again what Use would these bases have, Why would Chinese and
> Russian planners leave these bases alone if there is a war? If
> Russia attacked NATO or China attacked Taiwan, why would these
> bases not be attacked at the outset? The bases would be obvious
> forward staging posts for US forces.
Holy cow! You're right! I'll bet our army never even thought of
that!

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

..what's that sound you make when you stifle an unexpected laugh, such that it sorta comes out your nose because you clamp your mouth shut so as not to laugh out loud?

Yeah,.. that. That's the noise I made. <chuckle!>